This forum is pure hardball. Bring the heat in this discussion of Flames baseball.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

givemethemic wrote:Would be shocked if anymore baseball was played in Columbia tonight. Looks like rain for the next several hours.
Just read that there's a 75% chance they resume within the hour. The radar does look bad though. If those storms are travelling straight east then they can get the game in, if they're moving NE then it looks like there's no chance.
Chippy wrote:Perrit was pitching on heart tonight. That guy should get some kind of special something for what he's done over the last week.
The kid is an absolute stud. I hate that we misused him but he did the best that he could given the situation. Just gotta hope we can get some more runs tomorrow.
I'm not certain Liberty misused Perritt. Had to get the save vs. Clemson, has to start strong against USC. No way to tell that he wouldn't have been marginalized or irrelevant in late innings vs. USC had another pitcher been used and performed poorly at the start.
Im gonna have to side with JK on this one. He is one of the arms that has gotten us here and I guess they felt he could give a spot start last night. Will probably see a pitching change at the start of today. We still have a couple guys available to finish today and then go again tonight.

For the record JK, Jon has been a very vocal critic of the coaching staff with regard to pitchers due to all the injuries over the years
Regardless of whether he says he can do it or not, IMHO it would be foolhardy to use Perritt today after going 1 plus in the afternoon yesterday and 4 later at night. Add to that the fact that he was already showing signs of fatigue with reduced velocity, and I think to use him today would be a Tommy John operation waiting to happen.
BJWilliams wrote:Agreed. We have guys available that can step in and finish the game today so no need to risk setting him back for 2014
We milked all we could from him. Let him concentrate on the bat and rest the arm. Time for Lyons and Fulghum to step up and Roy as an option.
BJWilliams wrote:Agreed. We have guys available that can step in and finish the game today so no need to risk setting him back for 2014
Who cares about 2014? And I'm being only 68.75% sarcastic. I'm sure there are people in the dug out who also feel that way.
Too many mistakes against a good team like SC. Can't take an incredible season away from the team. The games at the beginning and end of the year show how far we need to go to get to 'the next level'. IMO it's more mental than physical. But we are not too far away.
agreed with haize. it was a great run and we definitely have things to work on to take it to the next level, but we are not that far away. congrats to the players and coaches for taking us on a great end of the year run, and especially to the seniors for their contributions! they will be missed.
bigsmooth wrote:agreed with haize. it was a great run and we definitely have things to work on to take it to the next level, but we are not that far away. congrats to the players and coaches for taking us on a great end of the year run, and especially to the seniors for their contributions! they will be missed.
So does this mean I'm off the Hater list? :dontgetit
Election 2022 and 2024

The swing states will decide the election just l[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]