This forum is pure hardball. Bring the heat in this discussion of Flames baseball.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
If we are a 3-seed, we will be a weak 3-seed and will go to a national seed (Carolina, UVA, Vandy, State). If we are a 4-seed, we will go to someone like VT or a lesser 1-seed.
By sporter
Registration Days Posts
Just saw my first Online prediction of the day - had us at vt as a 3 seed facing Oklahoma first game. They bring the number 2 pitching prospect in the country in Jonathan gray - has hit 100 in the late innings thus year.

Looking forward to wherever it is.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Baseball America wrote:Saturday Roundup: Stock Report
May 26, 2013 by Aaron Fitt

These seven teams punched their tickets to regionals by winning their conference tournaments Saturday: Liberty, Austin Peay State, Towson, Saint Louis, Wichita State, Central Arkansas and San Diego.
Here is some interesting perspectives on our Big South brethren ...
The Big South and CAA will send at least two teams to regionals, as we believe Campbell (No. 37 in the updated WarrenNolan.com Ratings Percentage Index rankings) and UNC Wilmington (No. 30) will earn at-large bids.

But each league has a third contender that is on the bubble: Coastal Carolina (Big South, No. 46 RPI) and William & Mary (CAA, No. 45). Coastal has the better resume, with a 5-8 record against the top 50 (compared to the Tribe’s 2-5 mark), a 13-13 mark against the top 100 (compared to the Tribe’s 9-12), and a quality series win at Georgia Tech (William & Mary does not have a quality series win against a potential regional team). The Big South has never been a three-bid league, and has been a one-bid league in each of the last six years, but we’re going to include the Chanticleers in our field this year, while William & Mary just misses out.
Click Here for Full Story
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:Wherever it is I hope they actually sell cheese with their tortilla chips, you know like real nachos! :D
And the cheese should be HOT (Temperature & Spice).

Haize - I want some delivered to me after the game. Still Hot (and uneaten). Thanks.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
alabama24 wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:Wherever it is I hope they actually sell cheese with their tortilla chips, you know like real nachos! :D
And the cheese should be HOT (Temperature & Spice).

Haize - I want some delivered to me after the game. Still Hot (and uneaten). Thanks.
Fat chance. And if you've seen me I am fat soooo....
By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
according to mike minyard's twitter the watch party is at the worthington stadium team room but i think that is changing. he has not updated his twitter yet.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Granted the Camels won 49 games, but I think they only played 1 ranked team (NC State) and lost that one. They only played 2 games against ACC teams, and none against SEC teams. No excuse for such a weak schedule. Get out of comfort zone and play the big boys.
By newoldschool17
Registration Days Posts Posts
I know those places put Liberty in Blacksburg, but I'm not going to lie - I would be amazed (and very happy) if they put us there as a 3 seed! It really depends on how the committee works this year. They like to try and give the national seeds the easier regionals - lower 2, 3, and 4 seeds. So, if they are going by RPI and other factors, then I can't see us going to Va Tech and Campbell heading to UNC. If the committee looks at some top 50 wins, playing hot lately, etc, then yea I guess I could see us going to Tech over like a UNC or UVA. Looking at who has won their tourneys - and who the 4 seeds are, I think we are pretty safe to be a look at a 3 seed, now the question is just where! Either way, Im so excited for these guys and think we have a chance to make a little noise...
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:How can Campbell get in with their strength of schedule ?
You're practically just begging to argue with somebody by just repeating yourself over and over. At least I'm not that bad.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
newoldschool17 wrote:I know those places put Liberty in Blacksburg, but I'm not going to lie - I would be amazed (and very happy) if they put us there as a 3 seed! It really depends on how the committee works this year. They like to try and give the national seeds the easier regionals - lower 2, 3, and 4 seeds. So, if they are going by RPI and other factors, then I can't see us going to Va Tech and Campbell heading to UNC. If the committee looks at some top 50 wins, playing hot lately, etc, then yea I guess I could see us going to Tech over like a UNC or UVA. Looking at who has won their tourneys - and who the 4 seeds are, I think we are pretty safe to be a look at a 3 seed, now the question is just where! Either way, Im so excited for these guys and think we have a chance to make a little noise...
Considering that teams with worse records won their conference tourneys (Towson and Bowling Green come to mind), Blacksburg could be a realistic shot for us.
2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Election 2022 and 2024

If there is a debate, it probably should be be[…]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]