This forum is pure hardball. Bring the heat in this discussion of Flames baseball.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
We're in the South Carolina regional, which means we may get another shot at the Gamecocks.

Coastal made the Blacksburg regional.
Last edited by Cider Jim on May 27th, 2013, 4:38 pm, edited 4 times in total.
By NotAJerry
Registration Days Posts
jlread wrote:what day do we play?
They only listed days and times for a few of the seeded teams. That's probably still being worked out a bit since they're supposedly airing every game from every regional.

EDIT: Looks like it's Friday.
By jlread
Registration Days Posts
NotAJerry wrote:
jlread wrote:what day do we play?
They only listed days and times for a few of the seeded teams. That's probably still being worked out a bit since they're supposedly airing every game from every regional.

EDIT: Looks like it's Friday.

Thanks...so if we beat Clemson and south Carolina then we play in chapel hill against UNC(of course im assuming all the top seeds win)?
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Man what a tough draw. We essentially replaced CCU in this regional as it had CCU Clemson and USC last year. Kind of surprised that they shipped CCU to Blacksburg and us to USC.

Campbell got exactly what they deserved. They beat ECU twice, Duke twice and swept us. That was it. They got exactly what they deserved.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
jinxy wrote:Man what a tough draw. We essentially replaced CCU in this regional as it had CCU Clemson and USC last year. Kind of surprised that they shipped CCU to Blacksburg and us to USC.

Campbell got exactly what they deserved. They beat ECU twice, Duke twice and swept us. That was it. They got exactly what they deserved.
I don't think they were expecting to get in anyways.
By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
i like the draw. we can play with all teams in the regional. i knew campbell would not get in. that poor schedule did them in...as well as LU beating them!! GO FLAMES!
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
bigsmooth wrote:i like the draw. we can play with all teams in the regional. i knew campbell would not get in. that poor schedule did them in...as well as LU beating them!! GO FLAMES!
Yeah, wonder who gave you that insight! :roll:
By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
well i was there opening weekend in columbia and witnessed how well we played so the insight is mine campbell fan. i hope you have stopped crying....have you thought of changing your name to "crying camel toe"?
By krh44
Registration Days Posts
jinxy wrote:Man what a tough draw. We essentially replaced CCU in this regional as it had CCU Clemson and USC last year. Kind of surprised that they shipped CCU to Blacksburg and us to USC.

They played 1 top 50 team. everyone else in the conference played 7 or more.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Why do we suddenly care about the conference. For us to get an at-large bid we are going to have to earn it the way CCU does. This year was a perfect blue-print for we need to do as long as we're in the Big South. Schedule tough, take care of business and you've secured an at-large. If not win the tournament and your in. Eventually you get enough respect like Coastal that you get in anyway. Then you get a 3 seed instead of a 4. There's no excuse to schedule soft anymore though, this year clearly shows you'll be left behind.

I'm not saying our regular season record was acceptable this year. I'm just stating that it's clear the selections will be based on RPI and SOS and if you can get to 37-40 wins your in.

Haize, as for Campbell not expecting to get in. Simply false. Check out Kendall Rogers latest tweet after a converation with Goff, program was devastated & crushed, couldn't understand how there resume wasn't better than others ha.
By NotAJerry
Registration Days Posts
If Campbell wants to get in without winning the tournament then they need a tougher schedule than schools like Rider, Long Island, Quinnipiac, and SIU Edwardsville. Simply put SOS had LU at 48, Coastal at 70 and Campbell at 237. Pretty easy to win 49 games against a slow pitch softball schedule.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Based on Campbell's location, it should be easy to schedule several ACC teams, plus a couple SEC teams.
I was somewhat surprised at Coastal getting in since they did not even make it to BSC championship game. But 2 teams from BSC is good for conference.
By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
why be surprised? coastal had an RPI of 45, SOS of 70 and was 5-8 against the RPI top 50. campbell has an RPI of 38, SOS of 237, and 0-1 against RPI top 50. campbell's schedule was the worst out of the RPI top 50. you do the math. their schedule did them in. Coastal's traditional power pedigree also helped them.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
bigsmooth wrote:well i was there opening weekend in columbia and witnessed how well we played so the insight is mine campbell fan. i hope you have stopped crying....have you thought of changing your name to "crying camel toe"?
You are just jealous I was rubbing elbows with the Big Wigs while you were just rubbing.......
2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Election 2022 and 2024

If there is a debate, it probably should be be[…]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]