This forum is pure hardball. Bring the heat in this discussion of Flames baseball.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
just getting home from the game. wow what a scene! D1 was fantastic on the mound, and Perritt is a beast. Dalton Britt also stepped up which was huge for a freshman. I spoke with an athletic dept official and their early word is charlottesville or chapel hill but who knows. we are in and that is all that matters. The Campbell AD said he is very concerned that will get left out and Coastal will get in. it was cool to see some locals at the game too who are not LU people. just a great day to be a Flame.

btw...haize is a closet campbell fan
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
It would be good for BSC if 3 teams got in, but I am not sure if Campbell and Coastal gets in.

I like tournaments because they give everyone a shot at NCAAs, regardless of regular season. LU has proved this both in basketball and baseball.
Who knows, we may even win a regional
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Our closer is a stud.
We have a great stadium.
The nachos, with cheese and chili were good.......all 8 chips.
LU finally took advantage of a Campbell miscue with the throwing error. They did not look impressive but LU left Waaaay too many runs on the bases.

BTW Smooth is just IN the closet
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
Super glad we won and we're in a regional. This team had all the talent in the world to be this good all season. I'm glad we were able to finally put it together when it mattered. I'm secretly hoping we get thrown in the Nashville regional while knowing there's no chance that happens.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
What a turn of events. So happy for Toman the staff and the guys. This week was kinda similar to that feeling in 04 when the sox finally overtooke the yanks (obviously it's not totally the same). What could have been with a healthy herndon, marsh & Sype ;(.

I dont care where we go, i'ld like to avoid NC State because of the Rondon kid, we'd surely face him in game one. Can we root for VT to win the ACC tourney then get sent there with William & Mary? That would be a nice scenario.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I have been so incredibly critical of how this team has been managed all year but I couldn't be happier for this team and my school. Proud of them all.

Hoping for the best come regionals.....
SuperJon wrote: I'm secretly hoping we get thrown in the Nashville regional while knowing there's no chance that happens.
would definitely go if they were to get thrown in Nashville. I'm only two and a half hours from there.
By krh44
Registration Days Posts
Seems like the season just started in Columbia, it has been frustrating at times but I think our SOS really helped us in the end. You have your UVa, UNC, Tech, USC but WVU & MD are better than what given credit for. Also the stretch where we played UVa, Coastal,UNC in a week was rough. Stinks to lose those games but I think it helped us for this prepare for this week. We lost a lot of close games due to the inability to score runs at times. Six games and down 2 of your better pitchers this week is insane. Some freshman have come a long way since the season began.
By sporter
Registration Days Posts
Some Random thoughts:

Agree with you Krh44 - the SOS absolutely helped. Campbell is a very good team that was stymied by a great pitching performance by Josh/Ashton and some great defense.

Ryan Cordell showed why he will be a solid draft pick next month as he covered 2/3 of the outfield and made it look easy.

Everyone needs to understand what Ashton Perritt did this week: 4 saves with 0 ERs while pumping 93-94 mph heat; 2 HRs, 2 other hits to put us ahead in the 8th/9th inning. That doesn't happen unless you are a freak athlete which he is.

Crowd was very good.

On a side note, had a tour of the stadium suite and clubhouse levels this week. The player's lounge, locker room, weight room, etc surpass many SEC and ACC facilities. What a great recruiting tool.

Let's go Flames - absolutely no reason we cannot cause someone trouble next week. Josh and Ashton have showed a couple of times this year (including against UVA) that they are capable of shutting down strong teams and our bats are more than capable of putting a few runs on the board.
By krh44
Registration Days Posts
sporter wrote:Some Random thoughts:

Everyone needs to understand what Ashton Perritt did this week: 4 saves with 0 ERs while pumping 93-94 mph heat; 2 HRs, 2 other hits to put us ahead in the 8th/9th inning. That doesn't happen unless you are a freak athlete which he is.
This is unreal!
By g-webb1994
Registration Days Posts
I think Coastal will squeeze in. Looking at the Camels SOS, no way.

What is it with LU, y'all get don't care about the regular season of sports anymore? Psst.....you can't do that in football. :wink: Congrats on the win though.

Maybe y'all will get what is left of this A-She-She classic semi of UNC/NCSU, currently in the top of the 17th inning tied at 1, approaching 1 am.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Lest anyone thinks we didn´t beat their best, we faced all BSC starter Ryan Mattes, and ending up giving all BSC closer Ryan Thompson his first loss of the year. Dude was 9 and 0 with 10 saves and an ERA less than 1!
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
After seeing it for the first time on the recap, does anyone else see similarities between Alex´s scoring jaunt and the one that another former Flames first baseman will forever be remembered for?
By krh44
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote:After seeing it for the first time on the recap, does anyone else see similarities between Alex´s scoring jaunt and the one that another former Flames first baseman will forever be remembered for?
I was thinking the same thing. The slide part 2
By krh44
Registration Days Posts
g-webb1994 wrote:I think Coastal will squeeze in. Looking at the Camels SOS, no way.

What is it with LU, y'all get don't care about the regular season of sports anymore? Psst.....you can't do that in football. :wink: Congrats on the win though.

Maybe y'all will get what is left of this A-She-She classic semi of UNC/NCSU, currently in the top of the 17th inning tied at 1, approaching 1 am.
I think Campbell will get in not sure they deserve based on schedule.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
krh44 wrote:
g-webb1994 wrote:I think Coastal will squeeze in. Looking at the Camels SOS, no way.

I think Campbell will get in not sure they deserve based on schedule.
Ironically, their SOS is hurt by the fact that they didn´t play Coastal this year.
2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Election 2022 and 2024

If there is a debate, it probably should be be[…]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]