This forum is pure hardball. Bring the heat in this discussion of Flames baseball.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By UVALibertyFan
Registration Days Posts
Congrats on the wins today and hanging on after that one inning! Good luck tomorrow! Speculation on where Liberty would go IF they won? Would definitely be a 4 seed somewhere. Can't see UVA as we have already played you guys twice.
By g-webb1994
Registration Days Posts
Chapel Hill or Raleigh (assuming NCSU gets a regional as well). CU a 3, LU a 4. IF LU wins, there is a slight chance of 3 Big South teams making the field. I think Coastal may still get in somewhere, their RPI is pretty strong.
By sporter
Registration Days Posts
What a fabulous and fun day. Can't wait for tomorrow. Have to believe we will try to piece together Richardson, Roy, grauer, and Perritt to try to get us through. Feel good about their two top starters having thrown alot of pitches and not likely to throw tomorrow. We knocked the one starter that hasn't pitched yet out in the second inning at their place.

Who would have thought we would have scored 17 runs today the way we had been hitting?

Biggest question regarding the ump interference is not what the rule is but rather where was the ump going? He was way too close to the bag on the infield side.

Did anyone else notice connely take the bat down the tunnel after he was taken out and then the 10-13 loud bangs? He was not happy and beat the crap out of something down below.

Let's go flames!
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I cannot see Campbell getting in if they lose today. I believe they only played 1 game against a ranked opponent. (NC state). they did play Duke from ACC and that's it. No other ACC teams or any SEC teams. LU deserves as at large bid based on schedule.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:I cannot see Campbell getting in if they lose today. I believe they only played 1 game against a ranked opponent. (NC state). they did play Duke from ACC and that's it. No other ACC teams or any SEC teams. LU deserves as at large bid based on schedule.
That's funny right there, I don't care who you are! The scuttlebutt is that IF the BSC gets an at large bid it will go to the Beach Chickens.

This is just like basketball season again. A run to the championship game to possibly save a coaches job!
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
While I understand the comparisons to what the MBB team did, I´m not sure how valid they are. If basketball used the same format as baseball, we wouldn´t have even been in the tournament. That team had few expectations, and we constantly referred to their lack of talent. Exactly the opposite of this baseball team, which essentially appears to have been a group of talented underachievers all year.

Of course there is also that little matter of finishing the job.

Smoke those Camels!!
By sporter
Registration Days Posts
Campbell is a lock to make a regional regardless of the outcome today. Every national expert has it that way. Only debate is to whether ccu gets in if we win today. Hard to imagine the big south being a three bid league but let's hope we give the committee a reason to make the tough decision.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
You can¨t get a bid based just on strength of schedule ballcoach. You have to actually WIN some of those games against better teams, and we almost never did this year.
By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
The NCAA baseball committee has had a practice of awarding the traditional powers like Coastal a bid when on the fence. Campbell has the worst SOS at 227 out of the RPI top 40 teams. Coastal is at 71. The arguement can made to leave Campbell out if they lose and put Coastal in. The so called "experts" have been wrong before.
For today...the things that SHOULDN'T matter: (1) our team's performance before the tournament, (2) whether or not our situation is/isn't the same as the men's baseketball team, (3) whether/not CU gets an at-large bid, (4) personal opinions about our coaching staff, players, administration or fans. For today...the things that SHOULD matter: (1) what has happened over the past week represents everything that most people truly love about the game of baseball, (2) this team is full of AMAZING young men, (3) regardless of past performance this team is now playing at the level they are capable of and there are heroes up and down the roster. True fans will spend their energy celebrating ALL that is right about our Flames being in the Big South Championship today...cheering their hearts out for a victory versus Campbell. The others?...how about giving us this board, just for today.

GO FLAMES, BEAT THE CAMELS!!!!!
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
alabama24 wrote:Are there any tickets? If so, how much and where would I get them? I would like to bring my son.
There were only about 2200 open seats yesterday so get there early! :D
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
alabama24 wrote:Are there any tickets? If so, how much and where would I get them? I would like to bring my son.
OK smart guy... :)

Empty seats don't equate to tickets available. The LU website said ticket sales are over.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
alabama24 wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:
OK smart guy... :)

Empty seats don't equate to tickets available. The LU website said ticket sales are over.
Then you should be able to sneak in for free if someone doesn't show up!
Yesterday there were people buying tickets at the gate so it just may be an online thing
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
alabama24 wrote:Are there any tickets?
SOLD OUT (just like at the UVa game)--kidding!

10 bucks a ticket. 5 bucks for kids (like Medic) and seniors (like Haize).

Order the nachos at your own risk, but if you do, pay extra for the cheese.
2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Election 2022 and 2024

If there is a debate, it probably should be be[…]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]