This forum is pure hardball. Bring the heat in this discussion of Flames baseball.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By SumItUp
Registration Days Posts
@libertyflames

Tonight's baseball game has been postponed. Liberty and Winthrop will play a doubleheader tomorrow, starting at 3 p.m.
@MikeMinyard

Tonight's baseball game has been rescheduled. Fireworks are canceled. Doubleheader on Saturday at 3 p.m. Sunday at 2 p.m.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
We just lost game one to a team that's only won three games in the league. If we lose another game this weekend, we will be in serious trouble in terms of qualifying for the conference tournament - that we're hosting.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
I see that...but the only facts he states are negative. Im not saying they should never be broght up but when all you do is bring up the bad stuff and when something good happens, you dont say anything, it comes off like all youre in for is the negatives
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:I see that...but the only facts he states are negative. Im not saying they should never be broght up but when all you do is bring up the bad stuff and when something good happens, you dont say anything, it comes off like all youre in for is the negatives
Sorry BJ- this team could be good, but currently, they are no better than middle of the pack in the BS. Middle of the pack in the BS is bad... I'm guessing the worst since Toman has been here when it is all over.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:I see that...but the only facts he states are negative. Im not saying they should never be broght up but when all you do is bring up the bad stuff and when something good happens, you dont say anything, it comes off like all youre in for is the negatives
False, when we have a good win he always posts and says 'good win' or something along those lines.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
BJ I give credit when it's due. The fact that we lost to Winthrop shows how bad we are. We should sweep teams that are this bad. It would also be very embarrassing to not make the tournament that we are hosting in our brand new stadium.
By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
good series win. agreed we need sweeps in the upcoming series. it would be terrible to miss the tournament at our own place. if we could ever get some hitting consistency we could seep these weekend series.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
There's no reason to keep beating a dead horse but yest the hitting is still very very weak. Lyons will be a key for us if he can give us 6 good innings in this midweek game so that we can keep Richardson and Perritt fresh for the weekend games. Alex did hit a couple balls hard to center today but didn't get much to show for it.
By sporter
Registration Days Posts
Agree Jinxy but with no chance of an at large berth, the overwhelming focus has to be on the conference games, especially this weekend at VMI. We are in a dogfight for a tournament berth and with the Campbell series on the horizon where we are huge underdogs to a top 30 team, all resources need to be available for this weekend. This statement may sound hypocritical - we are not a good hitting team but have guys that are capable of being good hitters that can put a couple of weeks together. If we can get to the tournament, this group has the ability to put a run together and win it. Not every team in the league can say that.
By krh44
Registration Days Posts
Perritt has been a silver lining this year! Also a great play in outfield yesterday. A Popfly to right and he threw out running at home that was tagging.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
agreed sporter, toman would still use jrich or perritt in midweek save spot though. My point is just that Lyons giving 6 good innings would be huge so that we didn't deplete the pitching for the weekend. Yes an atlarge bid is out of the question even if we won all 15 remaining games haha, not happening. Sorry didn't make that clear.
By krh44
Registration Days Posts
bigsmooth wrote: it would be terrible to miss the tournament at our own place. if we could ever get some hitting consistency we could seep these weekend series.
Yeah it would be real bad especially with new stadium.It it going to be tough with Campbell and Radford coming up.
Election 2022 and 2024

The swing states will decide the election just l[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]