This forum is pure hardball. Bring the heat in this discussion of Flames baseball.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
If you need any further proof that our coaches read this board, look no further than the baseball twitter account. They've never mentioned chapel until people on here questioned their spiritual leadership.

Hello Faith in the Furnace part two.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
These last few weeks have really been deflating for me. I dont know how you can even pick a couple things to improve on with so many things going wrong. Weve had baserunners but were not getting timely hitting and our midweek starters have been the WORST since ive followed the program. The weekend guys are doing ok but they have struggled some lately too
By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
ok....well its obvious that this team other than a few guys lack consistent hitting. for lambert to give up two runs and lose is just not good. leaving 7 guys LOB does not help either. i also do not understand if you have a guy like jake kimble who simply cannot hit, put in dalton sype. Alex has also struggled all year, so take him out and give someone else a try. Our weekend pitiching has been decent and the midweek not so good unless we play a big name. yes this is all coaching. i said at the end of this year that i was not behind toman anymore. he has run his cycle. i will defend jon in what he has said about toman is true. i have heard all of it all numerous times from people i trust with my life. what i do not like is jon's bashing of him on a daily basis. we all know he despises him, i think toman despises jon. do two wrong make a right?? no, but i have just grown tired of the agendas. Jon is my friend, but i just feel like the bashing has to stop. I think toman will be gone after the season so hopefully we can get a new coach in here to turn it around. im done talking GO FLAMES!
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
The reason I bring things up a lot is because there won't be a change unless Barber feels like he is losing the fan base. Toman is in Jeff's ear and JB believes everything Jim says. He's blinded by his friendship with him. Most of our fan base is completely ignorant in terms of what's going on other than wins and losses. Barber is on record saying it's about more than wins and losses at Liberty. If that's true, he has no option but to look into the off the field stuff with this program and make a change. I stick by the claim the Toman and Dunton are of the same mold, just in different sports.
By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
if barber is on record about it being all wins and losses then he should be gone at the end of the eason. he had one full recruting cycle and has not got it done. im very disappointed by how things are especially with a jewel of a facility we have.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
He's on record that it's about more than wins and losses. That means the fact that he's won a lot of games isn't the only reason to keep him around.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
bigsmooth wrote:in fairness, i did find out Dalton Sype is injured.
Ligament tear. I think it's all about pain management because surgery would knock him out for the season.
By sporter
Registration Days Posts
SuperJon wrote:
bigsmooth wrote:in fairness, i did find out Dalton Sype is injured.
Ligament tear. I think it's all about pain management because surgery would knock him out for the season.
Nick said this weekend that Dalton is scheduled for surgery on Tuesday and will be out potentially for 3-4 weeks - trying to make it back for the tournament.
By Trottalot
Registration Days Posts
Let him keep playing guys all the time with .168/.143 conf. .225/.176 conf. averages and he is going to continue to lose. Barber and Falwell Jr phones ought to be ringing off the hook by Flame Fans that deserve better. Get rid of the idiot!!!
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
I think what Jon is saying is that about the only way there is a change is if there are some serious off the field issues (like on the level of potential NCAA sanctions)
By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
jon and i had a nice conversation and exchanged information and i totally understand his thinking and why he is doing this. that's all im going to say about it, but its a sad state of affairs. hopefully the administration will see the problems and take appropriate action at the end of the season.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:I think what Jon is saying is that about the only way there is a change is if there are some serious off the field issues (like on the level of potential NCAA sanctions)
That's not what I'm saying at all.
Election 2022 and 2024

The last 2 elections were decided by very […]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]