This forum is pure hardball. Bring the heat in this discussion of Flames baseball.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By krh44
Registration Days Posts
This one was frustrating after given up 5 in the first................We will be .500 in the conference tomorrow and .500 overall by the end of the week. Not good!
By Trottalot
Registration Days Posts
19 straight losses now!! Where is all the "Beat Coastal" stuff at? I guess that will never happen in this sport as long as he is running the program. Turn out the lights; the party is over........!!!!
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
Completely stealing this from a friend but I would like to bring you things that have happened since the last time we beat Coastal in baseball:

Every school in the Big South has beaten Coastal since the last time we beat Coastal.*

Tiger Woods hit a tree, got outed for having sex with a billion women, got divorced, dropped to 85 in the world, had surgery, rebuilt his life, rose to #1 again, all since the last time we beat Coastal.

Liberty has built a basketball practice facility, baseball stadium, and begun work on a massive library since the last time we beat Coastal.

Liberty has demolished the old Hancock building, built a new welcome center, expanded the football stadium, created a soccer stadium, and built lacrosse/field hockey facilities since the last time we beat Coastal.

LeBron James left Cleveland, took his talents to South Beach, won a title, MVP, and gold medal since the last time we beat Coastal.

We have had 15 of 17 teams beat Coastal since the last time we beat Coastal.

We are on our second pope since the last time we beat Coastal.

Barack Obama has played 115 rounds of golf since the last time we beat Coastal.

The men's and women's cross country teams have won 18 conference championships since the last time we beat Coastal.

Our football team has won 29 games and five conference championships since the last time we beat Coastal.

Sarah Palin was still hiding in Alaska and no one knew who she was since the last time we beat Coastal.

Brett Favre has played for the Vikings, Jets, massage therapists, and retirement since the last time we beat Coastal.

The iPhone 3G, 3GS, 4, 4S, and 5 have all been released since the last time we beat Coastal.

Barack Obama has been voted into office twice since the last time we beat Coastal.

*Not including the two new schools into the league.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
A friend of mine from Coastal who is at the game today told me that our bus just got to the game. It's 36 minutes before the game and we are just getting to the park.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
Here's something interesting I looked up just now:

No player recruited by Toman has ever scored, driven in a run, or pitched in a win against Coastal Carolina. Every player in 08 that scored a run, had an RBI, or pitched an inning was a Royer recruit. We haven't won since then.

For all of this talent we're bringing in, where's the result?
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
The students that graduated from Liberty last year left Liberty having never beaten Coastal.

This year's seniors were the first class that we taught that "Beat Coastal" was our rallying cry. They've never beaten Coastal.
By SumItUp
Registration Days Posts
SuperJon wrote:A friend of mine from Coastal who is at the game today told me that our bus just got to the game. It's 36 minutes before the game and we are just getting to the park.
This is a major issue. Unless there was a mechanical issue with the bus, I can't think of any excuse for this.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
SumItUp wrote:
SuperJon wrote:A friend of mine from Coastal who is at the game today told me that our bus just got to the game. It's 36 minutes before the game and we are just getting to the park.
This is a major issue. Unless there was a mechanical issue with the bus, I can't think of any excuse for this.
+1. This is inexcusable at the high school JV level, much less Division I college level.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
It makes sense to take BP at an off campus field if the Pelicans wouldn't let them take BP at the stadium, but getting to the park 36 minutes before the game is inexcusable regardless of reason.
By Trottalot
Registration Days Posts
SuperJon wrote:It makes sense to take BP at an off campus field if the Pelicans wouldn't let them take BP at the stadium, but getting to the park 36 minutes before the game is inexcusable regardless of reason.
I agree with you SJ. Just an awful showing by the players, but it all starts with the head coach to get the team ready to play and he is awful at doing that. How can you justify playing a kid with a 17..something average all the time and playing all those kids that continue to strikeout. The numbers in the loss column will continue to climb. This coach does not want to win; because he doesn't know how period.
Election 2022 and 2024

Then he went on to win 49 out of 50 states.

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]

UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madr[…]

Danner Allen

Randolph Henry and Rustburg play again Monday. I […]