This forum is pure hardball. Bring the heat in this discussion of Flames baseball.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
Our talent pitching wise is the best it's ever been. The guys we have now have better stuff and throw harder than at any point in the past ten years. However, our pitching has been terrible lately. I went and compared this year to Toman's first year when Jackson was the pitching coach. The numbers are startling:

Jackson's year
557.1 innings pitched
193 walks
55 HBP
508 Ks

This year
214.2 innings pitched
105 walks
19 HBP's
155 Ks

Right now we our K/BB ration is 1.4. That's horrendous. Under Jackson it was 2.6.

Right now our BB/9IP is 4.41. If you add in HBP's, it jumps to 5.21. Compare that to Jackson who had 3.11 BB/9IP or 4.00 if you add in HBP.

For every six guys that we strike out, we allow 5 to get on base without even getting a hit.

With approximately 33 games left, we are on pace to walk 251 batters this season. We're on pace to only strike out 370 batters, 138 less than on Toman's first team with less talent.

The talent is there.

The results aren't.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Walks always drive me crazy. there's no defense agiasnt them. the pitchers should be taught to make first pitch a strike, get ahead of hitter, then work on him and force him to hit your pitch. don't fall behind, and allow batter to sit on fastball.
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Walks always drive me crazy. there's no defense agiasnt them.
Another genius insight.
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
I mean, personally it drives me crazy when a player drops the ball with two outs. Because, there's three outs in an inning.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
jbock13 wrote:I mean, personally it drives me crazy when a player drops the ball with two outs. Because, there's three outs in an inning.
I don't like it when the other team hits the ball over the fence. Those things cost money and its not like they are going to look for it. What? Are we made of money?
2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Election 2022 and 2024

If there is a debate, it probably should be be[…]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]