This forum is pure hardball. Bring the heat in this discussion of Flames baseball.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Longwood University
Farmville, Virginia

Longwood Official Baseball Site

Buddy Bolding
35th Year as Longwood Head Coach

2013 Schedule/Results
  • Overall ..... 11-14
    Big South ... 3-3
    Road .......... 3-4
  • 02.20.13 4:00 P.M. - @ JAMES MADISON ..................... W 11-9
    02.22.13 1:00 P.M. - FAIRFIELD (DH) .......................... L 0-4, L 1-6
    02.23.13 1:00 P.M. - FAIRFIELD ................................. W 12-4
    02.26.13 7:00 P.M. - @ WESTERN CAROLINA ................ W 4-1
    02.27.13 4:00 P.M. - @ WESTERN CAROLINA ................ L 5-8
    03.01.13 3:00 P.M. - BUFFALO ................................... W 5-2
    03.02.13 1:00 P.M. - BUFFALO ................................... L 4-11
    03.03.13 1:00 P.M. - BUFFALO ................................... L 2-3
    03.05.13 2:30 P.M. - @ TOWSON ............................... W 3-2
    03.08.13 3:00 P.M. - CANISIUS .................................. L 6-12
    03.09.13 1:00 P.M. - CANISIUS (DH) ........................... L 6-8, W 4-3
    03.10.13 1:00 P.M. - CANISIUS .................................. L 0-7
    03.12.13 4:00 P.M. - TEMPLE ..................................... W 9-6
    03.13.13 4:00 P.M. - NORFOLK STATE ......................... W 17-4
    03.15.13 6:00 P.M. - UNC ASHEVILLE* ........................ W 7-4
    03.16.13 4:00 P.M. - UNC ASHEVILLE* ........................ W 8-3
    03.17.13 2:00 P.M. - UNC ASHEVILLE* ........................ L 1-11
    03.20.13 7:00 P.M. - @ WILLIAM & MARY .................... L 2-5
    03.22.13 5:00 P.M. - VMI* ........................................ L 0-1
    03.23.13 1:00 P.M. - VMI* (DH) ................................. W 4-3, L 1-13
    03.26.13 4:00 P.M. - @ NC CENTRAL (DH) .................... L 4-5, L 0-10
    03.29.13 6:00 P.M. - LIBERTY*
    03.30.13 1:00 P.M. - LIBERTY* (DH)
By Liberty22
Registration Days Posts
At the game, three really annoying liberty kids are being complete d-bags, screaming "you stupid idiot, you suck" etc. To the Longwood players, looking like complete d's and I just heard one of the Longwood fans say, "its always the church schools". Which peeved me but at the same time they were making me mad screaming the whole time too...
By krh44
Registration Days Posts
Not sure what the deal was with the 3rd base coach but after 7th inning ran off field jawing at him. One of parents in the stand and the 3rd base coach were going at it. The ump finally said something to the parent.
By Flamepop
Registration Days Posts
The coach accused Herndon of throwing at one of their players, it escalated from there. Bad and rude behavior embarrass the school and the players and shouldn't be tolerated. We do not want to end up looking like Campbell.
By SumItUp
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:Wow, nearly on cue ... thanks, SumItUp.

It was not only a no-hitter but also a perfect game for Trey.
The message board jinx does it again!
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Lambert put on a show today going 7 perfect innings before allowing three hits and a run in the 8th...I think that is the closest we have come to a no-no or perfecto (at least in my memory)
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Badly needed a sweep here at home. I think the at large discussion has been tabled again unless we somehow pull off a win over UVA or UNC which is impossible right now with our mid week pitching.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Im upset that we didnt sweep too but you do know that we were six outs away from the first no-hitter or perfect game in university history right?
By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
we won the series! that's all you need to do! we are one game behind campbell in the north. Our pitching was solid two out of three games. what the heck else do they need to do! good weekend!
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
Honestly, and I'm not trying to be smart with this answer, but they need to sweep teams like Longwood. If we are who we think we are, and want to be considered for a regional, we have to sweep these series. They're not good wins but they are bad losses. Don't me wrong, I'd rather win two games than one, but we needed to sweep.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
We do need to sweep I agree, but I definitely was glad to see two of our three weekend starters put in excellent performances, with Herndon going the full nine and Lambert coming within six outs of the first perfect game in the almost 40 year history of the baseball program. We now have the biggest game in the very brief history of the Liberty Baseball Stadium coming up on Tuesday, followed by the weekend series that we pretty much have had circled on our calendar every year the last bunch of years
By NotAJerry
Registration Days Posts
SuperJon wrote:Honestly, and I'm not trying to be smart with this answer, but they need to sweep teams like Longwood. If we are who we think we are, and want to be considered for a regional, we have to sweep these series. They're not good wins but they are bad losses. Don't me wrong, I'd rather win two games than one, but we needed to sweep.
+1

Longwood should not win a game at LU in baseball. It shouldn't even be that close.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
Flamepop wrote:The coach accused Herndon of throwing at one of their players, it escalated from there. Bad and rude behavior embarrass the school and the players and shouldn't be tolerated. We do not want to end up looking like Campbell.
Totally agree. Thought it was uncalled for. Campbell fans (parents) are more than rude.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Come on Smoothie, we have to sweep teams like Longwood at home, have to. Guarantee you Toman is not happy with that. He said as much before the CSU series when we had already won games 1 and 2. We are really struglling on the road this year and we have CCU up next week on the road. We have 25-2 UVA coming in on Tuesday and on the road at UNC next week. I'd say we needed every win. Also WVU is playing better ball and is back to .500 after a rough start (following week opponent).

Hey, on the bright side if our starter gets 1 out it will be better than the last two starts against VT and UVA haa.
By krh44
Registration Days Posts
NotAJerry wrote:
SuperJon wrote:Honestly, and I'm not trying to be smart with this answer, but they need to sweep teams like Longwood. If we are who we think we are, and want to be considered for a regional, we have to sweep these series. They're not good wins but they are bad losses. Don't me wrong, I'd rather win two games than one, but we needed to sweep.
+1

Longwood should not win a game at LU in baseball. It shouldn't even be that close.

Agree. Can not lose to Longwood at home especially after losing a series to HP. Great game by Lambert today. Brooks pitched a good game, just had a bad inning.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I also agree we need to sweep teams like Longwood, and all BSC teams, except maybe Coastal, I'd be happy with 2 out of 3 eith them.

If we can beat UVA and UNC, that will look good on our resume. If we can get out of first inning without giving up any runs, that should give us momentum.
2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Election 2022 and 2024

If there is a debate, it probably should be be[…]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]