This forum is pure hardball. Bring the heat in this discussion of Flames baseball.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By scflames
Registration Days Posts
This will be a great opportunity to build our case for a regional. Hopefully Liberty can take 2 out 3 from the bulldogs. I am from South Carolina and they are not as good as the gamecocks.
By newoldschool17
Registration Days Posts Posts
just like many of the teams we play - we will be more talented than them a lot of places throughout the line up, but anytime you face SEC teams you are going to face big time arms Fri, Sat, and Sun, along with pretty quality pens that can shut down a line up any given night. The boys are going to need to continue to bring the sticks and put up runs!!
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
We've got to change up the starting rotation. Herndon should be the Sunday starter and either Roy or Lambert should be the Friday night starter. He has been shaky all year, way too many BB's and is giving up a lot of hits as well. Just a dissappointing effort from the guys. When you only get 4 hits your not going to win anyway but i believe the other 2 guys are throwing better than Herndon and have more experience.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
jinxy wrote:He has been shaky all year, way too many BB's and is giving up a lot of hits as well. Just a dissappointing effort from the guys.
When the pitch calling is 75% breaking balls (that's not an exaggeration), it's hard to throw strikes. Use the fastball to get in control and then work in the breaking ball. But nope. Slider. Slider. Slider.
By newoldschool17
Registration Days Posts Posts
jinxy wrote:We've got to change up the starting rotation. Herndon should be the Sunday starter and either Roy or Lambert should be the Friday night starter. He has been shaky all year, way too many BB's and is giving up a lot of hits as well. Just a dissappointing effort from the guys. When you only get 4 hits your not going to win anyway but i believe the other 2 guys are throwing better than Herndon and have more experience.
Yea, he hasn't throw well lately, but he is your best option on Friday for optimal success. Brooks has thrown well and is a bulldog, but here is the reality with him, he is 5-10, 83-85, and average off speed. B/c of his bulldog mentality he will keep you in most games, but not what you need on Friday night when you need to shut down a conference team! He gives you exactly what he does on Saturday/Sunday, a pretty quality game most of the time. Lambert is very similar, good - but not great stuff, and can struggle multiple times through the order. Herndon hasn't thrown real well true, but he is a solid big body with electric stuff that can be a true shut down guy on some Friday nights. The only issue is that he has not pitched much, even in high school and is still learning. So we are going to get some of these games sometimes, especially early in the year. If he figures it out though, he is no doubt your Friday night guy.....not time to hit the panic button.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
It is over, 3-1 Bulldogs.

You hate to waste a quality start like the 7.1 innings that Brooks Roy threw today. We need to find a way to start scoring some runs. That's something we had taken for granted until the past couple of days.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
I'm not sure the offense is as good as everyone was expecting and def. not as good as the past couple years. We are getting nothing from SS and 3b and DH and not a ton from LF. Close struggled most of the year but has come on. I still think the rotation should be Roy, Lambert, then Herndon. Gotta get the bats going or were going to get swept.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
Stupid batting order.

Terrible pitch calling.

Bad handling of the bullpen.

Horrible hit and run call.

Captain Bunter not bunting when it made sense to bunt.

Yep. Our coach is fantastic.
By From the class of 09
Registration Days Posts
SuperJon wrote:Stupid batting order.

Terrible pitch calling.

Bad handling of the bullpen.

Horrible hit and run call.

Captain Bunter not bunting when it made sense to bunt.

Yep. Our coach is fantastic.
I don't know what he did to you but you're the one coming across as an jerk. We get it you don't like Toman.
Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]