This forum is pure hardball. Bring the heat in this discussion of Flames baseball.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
Tony who is the 3rd base coach for the Pittsburgh Pirates and LU Alum sang the National Anthem Tuesday night in Pgh. He played with Sid Bream in the 80's.
By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
Tony is on my short list for favorite people in baseball that I consider friends. The respect he has in the club house is amazing for a man that goes against what EVERY club house is like. It's really impressive. We joked that we had more cursing in our club house in a day with a new manager then a year with Tony.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Tony went to school with me back in the day. He has positioned himself for opportunity as a manager when the timing is right.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Tony & Randy are back together again. Hopefully this assignment prepares Tony for a managerial opportunity back up in the Bigs.
Harrisonburg Senators News Release wrote:Beasley to manage Senators in 2011
Tomlin, Gingrich to round out coaching staff

Harrisburg Senators
12/10/2010 1:02 PM ET

HARRISBURG, Pa. -- The Harrisburg Senators and Washington Nationals announced today that Tony Beasley will manage the Senators in 2011. Beasley replaces Randy Knorr who is the new manager for the Syracuse Chiefs.
Beasley is the 16th different manager for the Senators since 1987. He leads a staff that is familiar to Sens fans as Randy Tomlin and Troy Gingrich return in their roles as pitching coach and hitting coach, respectively, in 2011.
Click Here for Full Story
By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
Man your on top of it Sly. I went to go visit Tony and others in Pittsburgh this year. I was nervous when he wasnt retained this last time but I knew he'd be fine. I'm glad Bannister kept his bench coach position with the Pirates.

This is a good opportunity for Tony....his career in baseball continues to progress and I'm very interested to see how it ends up.

Also he and his son came to visit LU just a few months ago and look over the baseball program since he's going to be a Sr in High School and seems to have quite a bit of ability.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
The latest move for Tony ...
CSN Washington wrote:Nats minor league coordinator Beasley leaves for Rangers
November 18, 2014, 5:45 pm

Nationals minor league coordinator Tony Beasley has left the organization to become the new third base coach of the Texas Rangers, the Nats announced on Tuesday.

Beasley served the same role for the Nationals in 2006 on Frank Robinson's staff before leaving to coach the Pirates for three seasons. He returned to the Nats in 2011 to manager their Double-A affiliate, the Harrisburg Senators. He then managed Triple-A Syracuse in 2012 and 2013.
Click Here for Full Story
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I went to LU with Tony back in the day and I know a couple of posters played baseball with him for the Flames.
Texas Rangers News Release wrote:ARLINGTON -- The Chris Woodward era of the Texas Rangers has come to an end, the club announced on Monday afternoon.

Woodward and the club parted ways during a 51-63 season, and third-base coach Tony Beasley will serve as the interim manager through the end of the 2022 season.
Click Here for Source
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]