This forum is pure hardball. Bring the heat in this discussion of Flames baseball.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By AATL
I thought this was the most complete series this team has played this year. It will be tough sledding without Horn, but I've been pleasantly surprised with the production at the plate. Dye has been stellar and the foundation for the future looks solid.
By Ill flame
We just lost 9-4 at home against #9 Duke. Offense continued to look great, only 1 batter didn't get a hit. On the other hand our pitchers gave this game away between 9 walks, 4 hit batters and 2 wild pitches. I get that strikeouts are sexy but i would it much less frustrating if we had guy pounding the strike zone and getting hit hard over games like this.
By AATL
Nobody tell the programs with NIL money about Macaddin Dye. Thank you!

Not much to see here. Tough to beat an overall better team with a bullpen game when the bullpen is a question mark.
flamehunter liked this
By Ill flame
We got a nice come from behind win in game 1 of our series with NMSU this weekend. This team is playing good baseball right now. Dallas Baptist lost game one of their series with western kentucky which puts us in sole possession of first place. It's worth mentioning that our last two series of the season are against the top two teams in the conference (DBU and Louisiana tech) so it would be nice to sweep or win 5 of 6 against NMSU and Jacksonville state next weekend to provide some wiggle room to lose a series later in conference play.
flamehunter liked this
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
We win the series today. So we are 7-1 in conference play. We are playing outstanding weekend baseball the last few weeks. This is great.
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
Getting great hitting top-to-bottom. Seven homers today taking advantage of the winds in Las Cruces blowing out to right.
We run-ruled them in 7 innings, 15-5.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
A lot of baseball (and softball) still to be played, but at the moment it looks like the negativity expressed here was misplaced. Men and women are both leading the conference.
flamehunter liked this
By AATL
Chippy wrote:Maybe I missed this but does anyone know what Horn's status is?
He's likely done for the year.

Still, it's nice to come away with another conference series win. Shame to not hold on and earn the sweep, but the bats have come alive and the Flames are currently one game up on DBU atop the conference standings. There's obviously plenty left to play for this year, but I think I'm most excited for the core that will (or should..) be returning for next year.
By Ill flame
We allowed 14 walks and a hit by pitch today against VT. Three pitchers couldn't even record an out. How does a D1 bullpen have this many issues finding the strike zone?
By AATL
Ill flame wrote:We allowed 14 walks and a hit by pitch today against VT. Three pitchers couldn't even record an out. How does a D1 bullpen have this many issues finding the strike zone?
We're just not going to win staff days right now, unfortunately. Starters will need to eat some innings in the conference tourney or it will be tough sledding.
By AATL
This weekend is a big series on the road against a WKU team near the top of the conference standings. If we leave Bowling Green with two wins on Sunday, I'll be thrilled. With DBU and LaTech still left on the conference slate, winning this series would be a significant step toward securing a comfortable seed for the tournament.
Virginia Tech

The football team and basketball teams would like […]

Volleyball Coach

Good. He needs to resign. He had great players i[…]

Yeah, this is a poach job. Tough loss, but if thi[…]

NMSU

Any info about the new incoming players to the pro[…]