This forum is pure hardball. Bring the heat in this discussion of Flames baseball.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
We get thumped yet again this time by Wake Forest 12-5. We scored 4 runs late to keep it a single digit loss. Things don’t get any easier with a trip to a very good FGCU team this weekend.

I’m really worried about this team. The pitching is shocking to me. This is certainly not typical of Jackson’s teams so far.
The lack luster offense was to be expected coming in IMHO but not to this extent.
I hope I’m over reacting and being an irrational fan but this looks like the worst team since my freshman year in 2008. (That I can remember anyway.)
Chippy, ballcoach15 liked this
By LUalum12
Registration Days Posts
Agreed, after watching about half the games this year, this team will be lucky to finish in 4th or 5th place in the ASUN. The pithing seems decent but the offense needs a spark from someone, its virtually non-existent. I am hoping warmer weather will bring hotter bats but.... Wake Forest does not seem to have issues with the cold weather. That team could very well make it to Omaha if the pitching can hold up.
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
We have 11 homeruns as a team. There are 2 individuals with more than 11 so far this year.
We have a .228 team average good for 268th in the country.
There are 17 teams with a higher batting average than our OBP of .326
We are slugging .363 as a team good for 232nd in the country.
I truly hope warmer weather brings hotter bats but I'm not sure it's possible. The signs were there last year. We started 11-1 because Orndorff was unreal the first few weeks then when he cooled off we were barely a .500 team going 26-22. We desperately need to recruit better offensively or hit the portal hard. I'm not too worried about Jackson and the pitching staff.
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
FGCU’s lack of ability to catch the ball helps us put up a 4 spot in the first and with Horn pitching that gives us a really good chance at winning this one. Would be a great way to start the conference season.
By AATL
Thank the fundamentals for that one. Good things happen when you put the ball in play! Nice shutdown job by Hertzler to salvage that one and capitalize on the five FGCU errors. I hope the Horton experiment continues at 1B again tomorrow.

Man, I hope Horn stays healthy because he's so fun to watch. If he can keep the pitch count down and cut some BBs he will be a menace in a postseason rotation.
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
We are gunna have a really good record on Fridays in conference play with him on the bump.
I think Horton has to keep playing till there is a reason not to play him.
It got a little hairy at the end but all that matters is we are 1-0 in the ASUN.
ballcoach15, AATL liked this
By AATL
Three more unearned runs in the first to start the matinee. FGCU is trying their best to hand over this series. I don't trust any lead in this park though.
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
We aren’t able get it done today. We fall 11-8. Come back to Moore and try to win the series against a very good team.
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
We drop the series. 1-2 in the ASUN. 8-11 overall.
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]