This forum is pure hardball. Bring the heat in this discussion of Flames baseball.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
The conference schedule for next season was released. No divisions so there is unbalanced schedule for everyone. And in perhaps the biggest shocker of the day Liberty takes the shaft on the unbalanced part. Our 5 road series’ are against the top 2 teams from last year’s divisions FGCU, KSU, EKU, Lipscomb and then Stetson. We get no good conference teams at home. I’m all for 30 games against the 10 best conference teams but not all on the road. Oh well, just go win.
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
I would expect that when we are a lame duck program as far as the conference is concerned. Why not favor the teams that are sticking around? It shouldn't surprise us.
BigBlue17 liked this
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
Yeah, I’m not surprised. Nothing to get up in arms about. Our 5 road series are against 2, 3, 4, 6, and 7 in the final RPI standings last season. Which is ridiculous. But like you said we are the lame duck.
BigBlue17 liked this
By Ill flame
Honestly I like the challenge. 75% of rpi is SOS so it should help us make the tournament assuming we win most of those games.
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
UVA released their schedule. We have the Cavaliers in Lynchburg April 4th and in Charlottesville April 25th.
ballcoach15 liked this
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
We also have Duke February 21st in Durham and March 28th in Lynchburg. That's 4 ACC games already it'd be great if we could get UNC, NCSU, WF, and VT to get us to 12 vs ACC and then maybe a series against the SEC or Big 12 like years past.
ballcoach15 liked this
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
We played TCU very recently if I’m not mistaken
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
The rest of the Lone Star State doesn't consider DFW part of the state. But point well taken.
aredd33 liked this
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Fall game today 5 p.m. vs Virginia Tech, at LU.
Will you be there?
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
Anything or anybody jump out to you?
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
Lost a ton of HRs to graduation. Not sure if that will be replaced. Starter looked good and overall, pitching okay.
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
I’m a little concerned about what could potentially be an alarming lack of power in this lineup.
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
We have 8 ACC games.
Series at Southern Miss
at Winthrop
at ECU
AATL, Ill flame liked this
By AATL
Whether it's AD Ian McCaw or Scott Jackson, out of conference scheduling has been excellent for the past several years. Very regional, but a solid mix of ACC RPI boosting opportunities and some in-state schools. Between this out of conference slate and drawing a short straw with the unbalanced conference schedule, there's not much room for this team to pause and catch their breath.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
While we have a schedule . . . . and while it's nice to be given updates on recruits and transfers from all other Olympic sports (seems most teams do this on the LU website and here on SOR), it's too bad baseball doesn't participate in this practice of keeping the fans updated. Never seen an article on LU website or SOR on HS recruits and/or transfers . . . . . or even a roster like the rest of the Spring sports. Oh well!
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]