This forum is pure hardball. Bring the heat in this discussion of Flames baseball.
By ballcoach15
#575958 Prior to Saturday's game with Stetson, there will be an Air Force C-17 Flyover. Plane will be piloted by Cam Locklear's father. Everyone not in Jacksonville for softball game, should come out for Saturday's game.
User avatar
By jbock13
#575965
ballcoach15 wrote:Prior to Saturday's game with Stetson, there will be an Air Force C-17 Flyover. Plane will be piloted by Cam Locklear's father. Everyone not in Jacksonville for softball game, should come out for Saturday's game.


I can’t decide which one I’d rather attend. Any advice?
By LUDad
#576011 Is anyone else having a hard time finding Friday's game on espn? I cannot find it on roku or my tablet.
By LUDad
#576013 If anyone involved with Liberty's espn plus streaming is listening, there are TWO links up for Sat.'s game and one for Sunday BUT no link for tonight's game.

EDIT: checked the weather and looks like we may indeed have two games tomorrow...
By flamehunter
#576016
LUDad wrote:If anyone involved with Liberty's espn plus streaming is listening, there are TWO links up for Sat.'s game and one for Sunday BUT no link for tonight's game.

EDIT: checked the weather and looks like we may indeed have two games tomorrow...

Yep we had some pretty heavy downpours for the past couple hours.
By jinxy
#576039 Just says technical difficulties.
User avatar
By Cider Jim
#576048 (Ballcoach is reporting this from FLORIDA). He must have some really good sources. :lol:
By ballcoach15
#576049 Me, you and my sources are among LU's Top 5 fans overall. I'd throw McCracken in there also.

We are not Fair Weather fans, like most.
By thepostman
#576051 You're also one of the most ignorant fans, unless we are talking softball.

I wish I had the time and money to travel to as many games as you do. Maybe in another 50 years when I'm your age my dream will come true ;)
User avatar
By Purple Haize
#576052
thepostman wrote:You're also one of the most ignorant fans, unless we are talking softball.

I wish I had the time and money to travel to as many games as you do. Maybe in another 50 years when I'm your age my dream will come true ;)


So you’re saying fraudcoach is your hero and you wanna grow up to be just like him.
By thepostman
#576054
Purple Haize wrote:
thepostman wrote:You're also one of the most ignorant fans, unless we are talking softball.

I wish I had the time and money to travel to as many games as you do. Maybe in another 50 years when I'm your age my dream will come true ;)


So you’re saying fraudcoach is your hero and you wanna grow up to be just like him.


Watch your filthy mouth!

ballcoach15 wrote:The key is good time management.


So when you were active duty you would've found all the time in the world to travel like you do now? That is some kind of voodoo magic. Not time management.
User avatar
By Purple Haize
#576056
ballcoach15 wrote:Today's game moved up to 10:00, to beat the rain


They will all be skipping church. I don’t think LU wins this one because of it
By LU 57
#576057
Purple Haize wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:Today's game moved up to 10:00, to beat the rain


They will all be skipping church. I don’t think LU wins this one because of it


There is always an evening service. I am going at 5 p.m. so I can watch the Masters and monitor the baseball game :wink:
By ballcoach15
#576060 They can have church in locker room before or after the game.

Plus they can go to School of Music Concert at Thomas Road tonight.
By oldflame
#576061
ballcoach15 wrote:They can have church in locker room before or after the game.

Plus they can go to School of Music Concert at Thomas Road tonight.


That would not be church. I have no issue with playing the game at that time in order to get it in because of weather concerns, but let's be honest. They will be missing church, and probably more to the issue, so will anyone who attends the game. Showing what an :oldhag I am here, but back in my days on campus, we would NEVER schedule a game to conflict with a church service at TRBC, including Sunday evening and Wednesday night services. I do believe the current approach is more sensible, but it does leave us open to accusations of "hypocrisy" from the fundy crowd.
By oldflame
#576062 Yesterday's struggles with the bat in game 1 were not exactly expected, but no big surprise IMHO. With our dependence on L hand hitters, a lefty with the stuff Gonzalez has is going to be a big challenge. It's actually pretty impressive that it hasn't happened more often.
By ballcoach15
#576063 Church is a body of believers gathering together in one place to worship The Lord.
Matthew 18:20 says, where two or three are gathered together in my name.
Last edited by ballcoach15 on April 14th, 2019, 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
By Jonathan Carone
#576064 You act like athletes go to church in the morning when they have 1pm starts on Sunday. They have team chapel and then get ready for the game.
By ballcoach15
#576065 Good post J Carone.

I know a fellow who went by the game on his way to church and watched some early innings. That's dedication.
By oldflame
#576069 We get the win 15-4, with a season high 22 hits. Embry and Wagner had 4 each.
User avatar
By flameshaw
#576070
oldflame wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:They can have church in locker room before or after the game.

Plus they can go to School of Music Concert at Thomas Road tonight.


That would not be church. I have no issue with playing the game at that time in order to get it in because of weather concerns, but let's be honest. They will be missing church, and probably more to the issue, so will anyone who attends the game. Showing what an :oldhag I am here, but back in my days on campus, we would NEVER schedule a game to conflict with a church service at TRBC, including Sunday evening and Wednesday night services. I do believe the current approach is more sensible, but it does leave us open to accusations of "hypocrisy" from the fundy crowd.


Last thing I would worry about is the "fundy crowd" they are on life support.
User avatar
By Cider Jim
#576072
oldflame wrote:Showing what an :oldhag I am here, but back in my days on campus, we would NEVER schedule a game to conflict with a church service at TRBC, including Sunday evening and Wednesday night services.

I remember when the LU library used to close on Sunday and Wednesday night for church. The first "church night" LU baseball game I remember attending was when LU scrimmaged the Lynchburg Hillcafts (or whatever they were called back then).

I remember going to the game to support my school, but still had enough fundy in me to feel guilty about it.
By ballcoach15
#576076
Purple Haize wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:Today's game moved up to 10:00, to beat the rain


They will all be skipping church. I don’t think LU wins this one because of it


Must have been a powerful team chapel service.
By LUDad
#576099 Came within one single in bottom of 9th of gaining a sweep of a foe that almost went to CWS last year.
User avatar
By flamesfilmguy
#576129
LUDad wrote:Came within one single in bottom of 9th of gaining a sweep of a foe that almost went to CWS last year.

Stetson is not nearly as good as they were last year. They had 6 guys drafted with one of their guys going first round. they also have 3 of their dudes hurt. not to put a damper on a great series win. but the big series sweep so far this year is North Florida. biggest tests to come is FGCU and Jville.