This forum is pure hardball. Bring the heat in this discussion of Flames baseball.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Jonathan Carone
flamesfilmguy wrote:we keep this up Scott Jackson takes a vacant P5 job by the end of the year...
Unless we make a Coastal type run through the league, we don't have to worry about that.

If we have continued success and he builds us into what It think he can, we likely only have 2-3 more years after this year but I'm good with that.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
NCAA Tournament appearances/success, is what Coach Jackson will be judged on, in my opinion. Whether right or wrong, that's where the bar is set in college athletics these days.
By LUDad
Jonathan Carone wrote:
flamesfilmguy wrote:we keep this up Scott Jackson takes a vacant P5 job by the end of the year...
Unless we make a Coastal type run through the league, we don't have to worry about that.

If we have continued success and he builds us into what It think he can, we likely only have 2-3 more years after this year but I'm good with that.
Never discount the wife. Doesn't she have family in the neighborhood?
By Class of 20Something
Jonathan Carone wrote:

I keep holding out hope that LU could just renegotiate instead of losing one of these guys. One day we will be the destination not the stepping stone.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Who have we had that stepped us? I dont know anyone in the major 3 sports since 03

Football. Karcher fired. Rocco essentially forced out. Gill.....

Basketball. Dunton fired. Mckay quit. Layer fired. Mckay 2.0. Tbd

Baseball. Royer fired. Toman fired.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
jinxy wrote:Who have we had that stepped us? I dont know anyone in the major 3 sports since 03

Football. Karcher fired. Rocco essentially forced out. Gill.....

Basketball. Dunton fired. Mckay quit. Layer fired. Mckay 2.0. Tbd

Baseball. Royer fired. Toman fired.
You are absolutely correct. Lots of talk over the years about Liberty being a stepping stone, but nobody has done it in any major sport. Never had enough consistent success to pull it off if they wanted to. I guess you could say LU was somewhat of a stepping stone for Nate Norman, who just got the HC job for Notre Dame women's soccer.
By Jonathan Carone
No one has used us as a stepping stone because no one has been able to keep their success up. Rocco and Toman both got courted but couldn't keep it up enough to really get a good job.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:No one has used us as a stepping stone because no one has been able to keep their success up. Rocco and Toman both got courted but couldn't keep it up enough to really get a good job.
And those 2 may very well be the only ones who were even looking to "move up". Karcher, Dunton, and Royer all looked at LU as a destination, or even a " dream" job. We left out Hanky, who was getting up in years and probably would have been happy to stay. McKay #1 left for a pretty special situation.

The former coach who has done the best for himself is Jeff Meyer, who has made some pretty good scratch as a high major assistant and hasn't had the pressure of making a coaching decision in 20 years. Just "recommendations".
LaTech

Liberty 2 LaTech 0. Yoder pitched 1 hitter with 7 […]

Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]