This forum is pure hardball. Bring the heat in this discussion of Flames baseball.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
Evans and Tarantola were the only pitchers with a decent outing. Maybe include Clinton in that as well. This is the same bullpen that held opponents scoreless for a long stretch earlier this season. Hard to figure out where that went but it was contagious obviously. With all the switching of weekend starters is it possible that no one was able to establish a rhythm over the season and that messed with their effectiveness?
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
g-webb1994 wrote:Still trying to figure it out. Maybe Chuck grew a pair and is putting some much needed job heat on Stroupe.
He probably needed a dose of Liberty pitching. We have no depth at all and it's showing.

We just don't have the pitching for a run this year. Next year's pitching should be a strength with Little and the Jucos that are coming in.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
We graduate 7 pitchers this year: 6 right handers and Stafford. (Bertsch is a R-Junior but I think he graduated in 4 years as well)
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
g-webb1994 wrote:Still trying to figure it out. Maybe Chuck grew a pair and is putting some much needed job heat on Stroupe.
G Webb just matches up well against LU. I am not at all surprised at the loss. Good luck in the rest of the tournament.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Obviously were limited with the scrub pitching staff toman left us with. However jackson has not handled the pen all that well. So we get behind big and he goes to tarantola who hasnt been used in a month to eat innings. Totally get it. We claw around and get back to within 5 then we use stafford who has thrown 2 times all year and he gets lit up. Look i mean stafford probably should have gotten more of a chance this year but now isnt the time.

Also evans threw a shutdown inning just like i said the other day. We could use him for a quick power arm inning and then pull him. Either way i have no confidence in our ability to pitch enough to run the line here. If we do we will have to mash our way there.
By R i
Registration Days Posts
Win or Go home for the Flames.

UNCA looking rusty this early in the morning. Routine throws and catches hitting the dirt. Still tied 0-0. GoFlames
By R i
Registration Days Posts
Left 3 Runners on base. Apparently we are not fully awake for this game yet either.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
jinxy wrote:That is the worst tournament appearance since ive followed the program in 2003. That was a BAD unca team and a very mediocore gardner webb team.
2015!
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
They were all fairly decent when Royer was here;) Just saying...

I'm just messing - I like coach Jackson - he just needs some more pitching recruits.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Is there an NIT for baseball?
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
I was about to say, "summon the irrational angry pitchfork wielding mob calling for his immediate firing"
Some statistics

Of our 6 returning starters, only Roupe is hitting[…]

I'm not sure why anyone thought online would eve[…]

Longwood

Did you make the trip to Farmville?

G5 Playoff Only

We DO NOT want this. This is Division 1AA all ove[…]