The most successful program on Liberty Mountain deserves its own forum. We give Coach Green and the Lady Flames their props while breaking down their run to the Big Dance once again.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, thesportscritic

By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
givemethemic wrote:I don't who your source is but I get it straight from the horses mouth
I did...yes, the date was a factor, but it wasn't the first contact we've had with UVa about next season. The playing rate did go up before we agreed.

Not saying you're wrong though.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
CAT FIGHT

play nice now, ladies.
By TallyW
Registration Days Posts
Now Medic... I think your name sucks... not saying it's wrong or anything... I just think you have bad breath... not that it's a bad thing to have bad breath.. LOL
By givemethemic
Registration Days Posts
Schedule is done... I will have a final copy hopefully by tomorrow... but UConn backed out... Home games vs. VCU and VT headline the home schedule.. We are playing in the Maryland Tourney and will be playing Marist who went to the NCAA Tourney last year first while the defending champs are playing UNC-G first odds are we will see UM in the title game...
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Are they still going to be in that tourney with Duke in Cancun or Grand Cayman or wherever it was down there?
By givemethemic
Registration Days Posts
Yeah they are still in that tourney with Duke,Pittsburgh, Bowling Green, and a few others..it is only 2 games and we will not be playing Duke, we are suppose to open up oddly enough against SMU
By absturgill
Registration Days Posts
Thanks for the info GMTM. I will have to run up to College Park to see the Maryland Tourney.
By givemethemic
Registration Days Posts
I will get you the date in a day or two..
By givemethemic
Registration Days Posts
Because the conference has not decided the dates for play as of yet... Here is what I have

Nov 11 vs. Norfolk.St (Sat)
Nov 14 @ George Mason (Tues)
Nov 16 vs. Columbia Union (Thur)
Nov 20 @ UVA (Mon) Thanksgiving Break
Nov 25 @ Binghimton (Sat)
Nov 29 @ James Madison (Wed)
Dec 3 vs. VT (Tues)
Dec 9 @ George Washington (Sat)
Dec 16 vs. Virginia Union (Sat)
Dec 19 Cancun (Tues)
Dec 20 Cancun (Wed)
Dec 29 @ Maryland Tourney vs. Marist (Fri)
Dec 30 @ Maryland Tourney vs. Maryland/UNCG winner (Sat)
Jan 2 vs American (Tues)
Jan 5 vs. Longwood (Fri)
By Stevev
Registration Days Posts
Columbia Union, Who the heck are they? Why bother. George Washington and George Mason are a pleasant addition to the schedule.
By givemethemic
Registration Days Posts
They are a home game and that's about it... Nobody and I mean nobody wants to play us here...
By givemethemic
Registration Days Posts
But I will give you a little bit of background, they are a DII christian school located in Maryland
By B 2 Tha K
Registration Days Posts
From what I see.....that Decmeber 3rd game against VT is BIG for our girls. If we can pull out a win (like we should have this past season), it will boost our girls confidence more than what it is right now.
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
I have never seen so much discussionabout a womens hoops schedule in July! Great!
By B 2 Tha K
Registration Days Posts
Thats what we're all about here.....showing support EARLY ON.
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
B 2 the K, I think I know you :wink: Welcome to the board my friend. It looks like the ladies are making 3 separate trips to the DC area! That should be fun. I may have to get up there to check it all out depending on how much it may conflict with the Men's TV games.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
givemethemic wrote:They are a home game and that's about it... Nobody and I mean nobody wants to play us here...
Well of course nobody wants to play us at our place. Look at what happened to UVa after we upset them 3 years ago.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
George Washington will be a nice test for us...they're the ones who beat ODU in the first round of the NCAA tourney. Each game (except for the one against Maryland...provided we handle Marist) seems winnable, and it seems like we have better quality of competition with more top-100 RPI teams than in years past. Though having 2 DIIs on the schedule does make it a little suspect.
By thesportscritic
Registration Days Posts
interesting non conference schedule. GW and George Mason is a nice addition to the schedule. GMTM the lack of home games against quality opponents is that because of the money issue or are they just scared they might lose to us?
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
When you have a winning team, let alone a top 50 team, you will not get folks to come to your place. Everyone and I mean everyone tries to schedule wins. Going to Lynchburg, VA is not scheduling wins. Maybe back in the early 90s but not today.
By givemethemic
Registration Days Posts
SCAR is correct, nobody wants to come here... the only reason why SMU came here last year was because they wanted to get one more game in while they where in the area (4 hours radis...) Here is my thing, don't bash this schedule, Coach Green is trying to get as many home games as possible.. We all know and coach Green has done it year after year, he is not afraid to schedule up
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Yes, I know no one wants to come here...Adam Deyo was telling me about that all spring long. Props to VT for coming though, I hope we can finally get that victory against them this year. And I look forward to going to JPJ Arena to watch our Lady Flames.
By Stevev
Registration Days Posts
I don't think that the schedule is any better than years past. It certainly is acceptable. Was hoping for more "big name" programs would come to the Vines but I think that was covered already. Why do we bother with the 2 Div 2 programs. A waste of time if you ask me.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Stevev wrote:I don't think that the schedule is any better than years past. It certainly is acceptable. Was hoping for more "big name" programs would come to the Vines but I think that was covered already. Why do we bother with the 2 Div 2 programs. A waste of time if you ask me.
Such is the double edged sword of the Lady Flames recent success. Its easier to get big name programs on the schedule, but with their recent success against ranked opponents in particular at home, nobody wants to have the stigma of losing to a mid major program on the road. So they make it a home game so that they still get the game on the schedule, but maintain that home court advantage. Again, I reference the UVA game 4 years ago. UVA was ranked in the top 25 I believe before that game. Liberty beat them. They lost 8 of their next 11. They did recover to have a respectable season but that sting of losing to a mid major team, on the road hung over them for that stretch.

Teams want guaranteed wins. Liberty isn't a guaranteed win anymore
Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]