The most successful program on Liberty Mountain deserves its own forum. We give Coach Green and the Lady Flames their props while breaking down their run to the Big Dance once again.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, thesportscritic

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Fortunately, the Winthrop womens team is nowhere near as strong as their men. But let's set the table nonetheless:

Overall Record: 7-7
Big South: 1-0

Winthrop Womens Hoops Official Site

Winthrop Message Board

WU has only two wins all season away from Rock Hill. But one of those was Saturday at Birmingham Southern to put them temporarily atop the Big South with us.

#15 Iva Milevoj
5' 8" Senior Guard
Averaging 9 Pts & 6.7 Assists

#25 Tiffany Rodd
6' 0" Freshman Forward
Averaging 11.6 Pts

#40 Ashley Fann
5' 11" Freshman Forward
Averaging 12.4 Pts & 6.6 Rebounds

Sorry about the humongous pic sizes.
By fsn32
Registration Days Posts
Holy big pictures!
By WinthropEagleFan
Registration Days Posts
Yeah, I tried to post player pics from the WU website to my message board and it was just too big...and I'm not technically inclined enough (or maybe I'm just lazy) to try and shrink them.

As for the game, WU is getting better every week it seems, but the team still has a long way to go to get to LU's level. Winthrop plays UNCA tonight at home, so we'll see if the Eagles can make Saturday's game a battle of two 2-0 teams.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
my eyes, my eyes!
By givemethemic
Registration Days Posts
I guess somebody needs to go to the Dentist....I talked with Megan this morning on my way to class and she is still on cruches. Let's cross our fingers on this one guys and hope for the best.
By thesportscritic
Registration Days Posts
I guess we will find out what will happen soon. I hope it is nothing serious. But it was good to see the team step up and win the game against Coastal Carolina.
By beigledog
Registration Days Posts
Goodness gracious batman!! Those are some big pictures!
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
WOW...those pics are huge. Anyway, I believe that our women's team proved that they could win without Megan against Coastal...and I'll be honest, Winthrop does have me scared for later in the year, as I think after last year most of our league will have a tendancy to overlook them, and not realize that they're a different team with a lot more talent...course then again, I think most of the Big South thought we were going to have a lot less talent, which definitely isn't the case at all. Our girls are young, and it is a different team now, but one constant seems to be staying the same: winning...I just hope they don't get overconfident and we lose a conference match, b/c that'll definitely hurt our seeding come tourney time.
By thesportscritic
Registration Days Posts
Winthrop 54 UNCA 51 final score. Winthrop is playing well right now. It will be an interesting game on Saturday but I have confidence in LU.
By WinthropEagleFan
Registration Days Posts
Winthrop's women have never had a .500 season since they've been Division I...Seems like they have a decent shot to do it this year. After last year, I wasn't sold on Bud Childers as a coach, but I guess he just needed a year to feel out the program, then get his type of players in.

As for the game Saturday, hopefully WU can make it competitive...I know that the Eagles still have a way to go until they can really compete with LU.
By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
Yeh, no kiddin it's a complete flip flop from men's to women's
Election 2022 and 2024

If there is a debate, it probably should be betwee[…]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]

UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madr[…]

Danner Allen

Randolph Henry and Rustburg play again Monday. I […]