The most successful program on Liberty Mountain deserves its own forum. We give Coach Green and the Lady Flames their props while breaking down their run to the Big Dance once again.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, thesportscritic

By krh44
Registration Days Posts
I guess we hace two days to debate who & where we will be playing and or seed. I see that espn.com has us a 12 seed and cstv has us a 13 seed playing Depaul.
By A.G.
Registration Days Posts
Are we really good enough to be a 12 or 13, or is LU finally getting a rep. for excellence in WBB?
By Bronx Bombers
Registration Days Posts
[quote="A.G."]Are we really good enough to be a 12 or 13, or is LU finally getting a rep. for excellence in WBB?[/quote]

The answer is yes, we are locked into no worse than a 13 seed. However, it has nothing to do with reputation. It has everything to do with our resume as compared to the rest of the field. Take a look at all those teams who fall below us on the infamous S-curve. The truth is that the Big South is very respectable this year. If HPU had won today, they would most likely have been a 13 seed. It seems unfare but its true. My prediction is that we will actually be the 3rd or 4th 12 seed. For those who may have noticed, BYU lost in the MWC championship game which puts them right in line to match up with us. My early prediction before I look at the rest of the field is for us to play BYU as a 12 seed and DePaul will be the 4 seed in our portion of the bracket.
By givemethemic
Registration Days Posts
just checked collegerpi.com and our rpi is the highest that it has ever been at 44 and that was updated last by Jerry Palm at 7:30
By A.G.
Registration Days Posts
I just remember two years ago we were top 25 and got a 13.
By fsn32
Registration Days Posts
A.G. wrote:I just remember two years ago we were top 25 and got a 13.
RPI means more than Polls to the committee... I believe at the time we were Top25 but only 50 in the RPI. We certainly had a case for a 12 that year, but this year there will be a team or two that gets At-Large bids that will have a worse RPI than us and At-Large teams rarely get lower than a 12 seed. Usually there are 2 At Large 12 seeds and 2 Automatic Bid 12 seeds (sometimes 3 and 1.) The only way we get a 13 is if there are no other upsets and Tulsa gets more love than us and skips us for a 12 even though we have a higher RPI.
By fsn32
Registration Days Posts
Root for Mizzu State over Indiana State... that should lock us in at a 12
By fsn32
Registration Days Posts
Mizzu State wins... one more team lower than us in.
By krh44
Registration Days Posts
Mizzou has taken the lead , up by 5 w/ minute to go
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
fsn32 wrote:Mizzu State wins... one more team lower than us in.
6:03PM
krh44 wrote: Mizzou has taken the lead , up by 5 w/ minute to go
6:04PM

:?:
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
wondered that myself- just assumed I missed something
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
http://newsadvance.com/servlet/Satellit ... 0884&path=

LU awaits opponent for NCAA Tournament
By Chris Lang
Lynchburg News & Advance
March 13, 2006

Before a single ball bounced at an official Liberty women's basketball practice in October, Flames coach Carey Green pleaded that fans not judge the current group of Flames against last year's team.
He made a similar plea Saturday afternoon after Liberty beat High Point to claim its 10th straight Big South tournament championship.

The questions came predictably. Does this group have a chance to make the same sort of run to the Sweet 16 that last year's did?

"It probably put a shadow on this year's team," Green said. "We're a different team, and we cannot be compared to last year's team. We had senior leadership and a 6-foot-8 first-round (WNBA) draft pick. It's not fair to compare this team to that team.

"That team was seasoned. It had some tremendous wins. The success of this team and the development of this team has probably been overshadowed."

Liberty has won 25 games despite losing leading scorer Megan Frazee halfway through the season and having to replace those four seniors from last year.

"Of course, you don't want to be the team that breaks the run, but you can't worry about that," Liberty guard Allyson Fasnacht said. "We couldn't let that pressure get the best of us."

The Flames will find out their NCAA tournament opponent tonight at 7 when the brackets are unveiled live on ESPN. The NCAA moved the selection of the women's bracket back a day in hopes of gaining greater media exposure.

While Green wants to shy away from comparisons to last year's club, the Sweet 16 run will have a lasting impact on Liberty women's basketball.

Because of that run, Liberty was able to schedule quality non-conference opponents. North Carolina, North Carolina State, Virginia Tech and Florida all welcomed the Flames to their home courts this season.

The Flames didn't win any of those games, but just playing tough opponents helped Liberty's RPI. The Flames are ranked No. 44 according to Jerry Palm's collegerpi.com Web site and ranked No. 47 by ESPN.com's daily RPI.

That could help the Flames grab their highest seed ever in the NCAA tournament. Some outlets are projecting Liberty, which has never been seeded higher than 13th, as a No. 12.
By absturgill
Registration Days Posts
Well, no Chicago, maybe Tucson
By TallyW
Registration Days Posts
DePaul it is!
By absturgill
Registration Days Posts
We are a #13 seed playing # DePaul in Chicago Time in a few minutes
By TallyW
Registration Days Posts
A #13 seed...

DePaul again? What is the deal with the NCAA? Can't we get someone else? We played ODU several times a while back as well. I'd enjoy someone else... I'm not sure about this one... DePaul will have a HUGE chip on their shoulder... and they aren't High Point...

Who knows... maybe we can work some magic and shock the world :)
By absturgill
Registration Days Posts
I am suprised a little that we are a 13 but even more suprised the Tennessee did not get a #1 seed
By topcat86
Registration Days Posts
anyone know exactly where in Chicago the girls will be playing Saturday...only a 5 hour drive from MI!
By absturgill
Registration Days Posts
Saturday at 8PM EST on ESPN2
By absturgill
Registration Days Posts
From NCAAsports.com

March 18 & 20
Allstate Arena (15,700)
Chicago, Illinois
Host: DePaul University
Ticket Info: Adult $40 and Student $18
Phone: 773/325-SLAM (7526)
Web site: www.depaulbluedemons.com
E-mail: ncaa2006@depaul.edu
By absturgill
Registration Days Posts
ESPN usually has coverage maps for the games online a few days before the games
By A.G.
Registration Days Posts
The great anti-male coach conspiracy by the "he-women man haters club" continues. Match up two male coaches and one must be out. If you don't believe me, it happens every year, in an attempt to limit the number of teams coached by men that advance.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
hmmm, very good point AG.

quite possibly the work of the Tri-lateralist Commission.
By Stevev
Registration Days Posts
It is hard to imagine what goes through these guys minds these days AG.

LU always gets seeded lower than what everyone expects. Maybe it is a Big South thing. We should be able to hang in there with DePaul or maybe pull the upset but DePaul is due to advance further in the tourny and you also have the revenge factor going for it.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
ask Winthrop about no respect w/ regard to seedings.
Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]