The most successful program on Liberty Mountain deserves its own forum. We give Coach Green and the Lady Flames their props while breaking down their run to the Big Dance once again.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, thesportscritic

By thesportscritic
Registration Days Posts
Did anybody listen to the game on the radio or online this past yesterday? LU 67 UNCA 60.
thoughts anybody on the game yesterday?
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
I was doing the production work for the game in the studio and from what I heard LU really was hampered by foul trouble. Moriah fouled out, Molly had 4 fouls, as well as Roli-Ann, and KP. 15 turnovers for the game, and 36.8% FG. Not pretty...but a win is a win
By thesportscritic
Registration Days Posts
15 TO's was definitely better than having over 20 TO's.
By Chris Lang
Registration Days Posts
The win coupled with High Point's loss at home to Coastal clinched the Big South. Flames will play Charleston Southern in the quarters, since the Bucs lost to Winthrop at home to seal eighth.
By Stevev
Registration Days Posts
I listened to the second half. Ugly win but still a W in the books. The 3 sophomore guards pretty much carried the load.
By thesportscritic
Registration Days Posts
HP is definitely reeling at the wrong time in the season but thanks to CCU for beating them for us. Despite many naysayers before the season, the Lady Flames have won their 10 straight Big South Regular Season Title.
By Stevev
Registration Days Posts
I was not one of the naysayers. I believe in this team and coach Green.

We should win the tourny since it goes though our building. Don't expect it to be like last year where we won by an average of 40 points or more.
By thesportscritic
Registration Days Posts
Stevev wrote:I was not one of the naysayers. I believe in this team and coach Green.

We should win the tourny since it goes though our building. Don't expect it to be like last year where we won by an average of 40 points or more.
I am not expecting this team to win by that margin eventhough it would be nice if it did happen. I am actually talking about other people who doubted this team like the Big South people in general and a few others.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
I think part of that was that they were seriously smarting from seeing those streaks end
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
thesportscritic wrote:HP is definitely reeling at the wrong time in the season but thanks to CCU for beating them for us. Despite many naysayers before the season, the Lady Flames have won their 10 straight Big South Regular Season Title.
Its 9th straight regular season title...it'll be their 10th tourney title if they win (which I hope and expect them to do).
By thesportscritic
Registration Days Posts
ATrain wrote:
thesportscritic wrote:HP is definitely reeling at the wrong time in the season but thanks to CCU for beating them for us. Despite many naysayers before the season, the Lady Flames have won their 10 straight Big South Regular Season Title.
Its 9th straight regular season title...it'll be their 10th tourney title if they win (which I hope and expect them to do).
Maybe I am already foreshadowing next season.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
Lady Flames Claim Ninth Straight Big South Regular Season Title
February 25, 2006 · Asheville, N.C.

Allyson Fasnacht had 14 points, while teammates Roli-Ann Nikagbatse and Courtney Watkins netted 13 each as the Liberty Lady Flames downed the UNC Asheville Bulldogs, 67-60, to claim its ninth straight regular season title, Saturday afternoon at the Justice Center.

With their ninth straight conference win and High Point’s 62-51 loss against Coastal Carolina, Liberty captures its ninth straight regular season Big South title. The Lady Flames are now 11-1 in Big South play and improved to 20-5 overall, marking ninth time in the last ten seasons that they have recorded 20 or more wins. UNC Asheville falls to 6-6 in the conference and 15-10 overall.

Liberty would take the lead, 6-5 on a jumper by Fasnacht (So., G, Salem, Va.) and never trail the rest of the game at 14:30 of the first half. The guard’s jumper triggered a 7-0 Lady Flames’ run, capped by a three-point basket by Molly Frazee (Fr., F, Xenia, Ohio) to put Liberty up, 14-8.

UNC Asheville cut the lead to 19-17 at 6:28 of the period on a lay-up by Stacey Shepard, but the Lady Flames opened back up a five point advantage on an old-fashioned three point play by Nikagbatse (So., F, Berlin, Germany) on its next trip down the floor.

A three-pointer by the Bulldogs’ Ashton Barton knotted the score at 24-24 with 2:57 left in the period, but Liberty went to the locker room at intermission up, 27-26, as Rebecca Lightfoot (Fr., F, Duluth, Ga.) hit from three-point range with 1:13 left.

In the second, UNC Asheville scored the first four points of the half for 30-30 tie at 16:41; however, the Lady Flames would use an 8-0 over the next 3:35 for a 42-34 advantage.

A layup by Jamie Feagin (Jr., F, Lockport, N.Y.) at 7:35 provide Liberty with its biggest lead of the afternoon, 53-41.

The Lady Flames never let the Bulldogs close the gap to less than six down the stretch as they made 7-of-9 from line over the final 56 seconds to secure the 67-60 victory.

Fasnacht led Liberty with 14 points, shooting 8-10 (80%) from the foul line for the game. Nikagbatse had 13 points, nine rebounds, and five steals, while Watkins also scored 13 points. Karolina Piotrkiewicz (Jr., C, Calais, France) lead all players with 10 rebounds.

UNC Asheville’s Barton led all scorers matching her career-high with 20 points, while Shepard had seven rebounds to lead the Bulldogs.

Liberty dominated on the boards holding a 41-30 advantage in rebounding. The Lady Flames had 20 offensive rebounds and converted those into 19 second chance points.

Liberty returns home on Monday to face Birmingham-Southern in a 7 p.m. game while UNC Asheville hits the road for its final two regular season games beginning on Wednesday night with a 7 p.m. game at Radford.
Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]