The most successful program on Liberty Mountain deserves its own forum. We give Coach Green and the Lady Flames their props while breaking down their run to the Big Dance once again.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, thesportscritic

By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
actually its Bucks County, but I understand your point. 750,000 people in this county. probably a few more MRI machines per capita as well. You guys probably don't have the suburban sprawl we do.
By A.G.
Registration Days Posts
Two MRI machines. No danged wonder it takes so long. I had an idea that it was bad--but not that bad.
By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
Lets just blame all the trainers and say they didn't put her on the list soon enough!
By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
NO ONE IS BLAMING THE TRAINERS! i know the medic get a bit firstrated at how slow things are lin the burg, but it is a smaller city. i know here in the triangle with 400-500,000 we have plenty of machines, but it seems they can always work in athletes from any college, not just the ACC schools.
By A.G.
Registration Days Posts
Let's see. She can't play because her knee is hurt. If it is a major injury (which we don't know, yet), then I believe the doctors usually wait 2-3 weeks before surgery (I think I've heard them say to allow the swelling to go down and to get their motion back). So, in the grand scheme of things, they could have waited another week for an MRI with no further damage. I think 3 days is a pretty good deal in light of what it could have been.
By Guest
My sources (and they are good) tell me that it's even worse than expected...Willis McGahee bad. Torn ACL, MCL, LCL. The Frazee family is looking for a "second opinion" because they don't think it's that bad. I hate to say it, but MRI results are not opinion, they are fact. Someone needs to step up on this team now.
By A.G.
Registration Days Posts
That's horrible news. My prayers are with the young lady and her family.
This team, although young, looks like it has plenty of depth. After all, this IS the Big South and LU should have enough to run through the league and another tournament title.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Anonymous wrote:My sources (and they are good) tell me that it's even worse than expected...Willis McGahee bad. Torn ACL, MCL, LCL. The Frazee family is looking for a "second opinion" because they don't think it's that bad. I hate to say it, but MRI results are not opinion, they are fact. Someone needs to step up on this team now.
Very true, but Im gonna take this one with a grain of salt until someone that has registered on this board can verify the extent of the injury, expecially since Coach Green has very clearly stated tahat neither he nor anyone else is saying anything as of yet
By Chris Lang
Registration Days Posts
I have some information. I can't share it until after the 11 p.m. news on the off chance that WSET actually knows about this board. There will be a story tomorrow with information from Megan, Coach Green and the training staff.

I'll be less cryptic after 11.
Last edited by Chris Lang on January 20th, 2006, 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
Talked to Coach Green and he said it still doesnt look good and they got a 2nd opinion today....I sure hope Chirs found out something I dont know...if he's winking then it cant be bad....right?
By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
wow, i hope the news is not too bad. it never hurts to get a second opinion. we can only pray for a full recovery!
By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
bigsmooth wrote:NO ONE IS BLAMING THE TRAINERS! i know the medic get a bit firstrated at how slow things are lin the burg, but it is a smaller city. i know here in the triangle with 400-500,000 we have plenty of machines, but it seems they can always work in athletes from any college, not just the ACC schools.
I know nobody is I just thought i'd ruffle some feathers :D
By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
you da man HMO!
By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
was Chris speaking about the 11 news tonight? B/c i watched the 6 news and they said they had important news regarding Megan although only said she will not play in the Flame's next game...I wonder if Dennis will have more news at 11 or maybe Chris meant tomorrow
By givemethemic
Registration Days Posts
If you want to know what is going on... listen to the pregame show tomorrow.... Trust me we will have the truth... I can't say anymore. We will be on at 1:45.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
Chris Lang wrote:I have some information. I can't share it until after the 11 p.m. news on the off chance that WSET actually knows about this board. There will be a story tomorrow with information from Megan, Coach Green and the training staff.

I'll be less cryptic after 11.
its after 11 and I'm waiting! :lol:
By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
after the sports cast slappy......patience by brother, patience.
By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
Hmmm....GiveMeTheMic Vs. Chris Lang.....the pens are dropped and the laptop's are shut and it's on....we will title it "The Fight for the Truth"....and the winner gets a one on one interview with Coach Green for 12 straight hours....can anyone else picture this?

:twisted:
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Anytime a writer and someone from the electronic media goes at it ina anything athletic, the latter is always the prohibitive favorite. Now in any type of intellectual showdown, my money is on the laptop set.

As for the television guys in town checking out this board, if they are logging on there is no evidence in their on-air product.
By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
dennis carter just reported megan will miss the winthrop game, and he said it is an ACL injury and the trainers are waiting for the swelling to go down.
By Chris Lang
Registration Days Posts
According to the athletic trainers, it's at least an ACL tear and she's done for the season. There will be more tests next week to see if there's any further damage to other knee ligaments.

Her spirits were pretty good today, considering. So were Carey's. Check the fishwrap tomorrow for the full story.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I'm at least impressed that WSET ackowledged Megan's situation at all.

For the record, GMTM has been dead-on with what Chris said since the injury. I trust the two of you over the other media in town everytime.
By givemethemic
Registration Days Posts
Well I wasn't going against Chris..... Trust me, I actually didn't even read page 3 when I typed it and I just read through the whole thing now. Chris has been great but I was told that I had to stay quiet about the matter and that we where allowed to tell the whole story right before the game... Honestly, it dosen't matter to me who gets what first.... The best thing is that coverage of Liberty as a whole is 10x's better right now and Chris is the main reason that it is. Today is a huge day for several programs as far as recruiting and hopefully we will win all 3 games.
By fsn32
Registration Days Posts
With our worst fears confirmed...it's going to be a different Feb and March than we first expected. I said a couple weeks ago that I thought I could take Carey's second five and finish near the top of the conference. So there is definitely enough talent to overcome Megan's loss.

Someone is going to have to step up in the scoring column though. A Michele Parker or Courtney Watkins might be the person to do it, but my money is on Rachel Hammond. She is a scorer by nature and can create her own shot better than anyone else on the team. She has been a bit out of control at times, as freshmen can sometimes be, but she is finding more and more time on the floor. I wouldn't be surprised if her numbers go up a lot by season's end.

Everyone across the board will need to average a couple extra points...but one or two will need to step up big time to fill the void. The other question will be how well her sisters react to not having her on the floor... it hasn't really ever happened before in all their years of playing together so that will be a tough adjustment.

I just pray that she is able to fully recover and as quickly as possible.
By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
it will certainly be interesting to see if the ladies can step up and replace the loss of megan. im sure other schools are licking their chops now, but i just have a good feeling that someone will. im sure the games will be much closer now, but we have the talent to make it happen.
Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

You think NY is winnable for Trump?! Has […]

UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madr[…]

Danner Allen

Randolph Henry and Rustburg play again Monday. I […]