The most successful program on Liberty Mountain deserves its own forum. We give Coach Green and the Lady Flames their props while breaking down their run to the Big Dance once again.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, thesportscritic

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts

The ladies from CCU come to the Vines tonight with shoes, I expect. They have had a very nice season thus far playing primarily cream puffs. They were blew out by 20 at Radford Saturday so I suspect they won't do much better against our juggernaut this evening.

Overall Record: 9-3
Big South Record: 0-1

CCU uses a ballanced scoring attack from the following three ladies who all average between 10.5-11.1 PPG:

#10 Amber Rose
5' 6 Senior Guard

#22 Calisha Yates
5' 11 Junior Guard/Forward

#34 Kim Turner
6'0 Senior Guard/Forward
By thesportscritic
Registration Days Posts
The majority of their wins have been against non D1 teams. So the only decent team they played was UNC, who is in the top 5 and got blown out by 47 points. We should win this game easily if we played that last 30 minutes against CSU for 40 minutes.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
that may be one of the most bizarre promo shots I've ever seen. And I had the same thought about shoes (or lack thereof)

weird.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Hey, they take great pride in the Beach Chickens monker that inland schools used to hurl at them derisively. They might as well play up the beach aspect of their school. I'm sure it didn't hurt them recruiting their top players from Indiana and Arkansas.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Yeah, visited there with the marching band...absolutely gorgeous.

Im not gonna be on teh board for tonight's game, my good buddy Allen West will be keeping things rolling for Jamie and Jerod this time around. He might do a couple updates too so let me know how he sounds.
By WinthropEagleFan
Registration Days Posts
Coastal team pics and media guides almost always have some funny-looking beach theme to them...I have two men's basketball media guides that I keep only because the cover pics are so ridiculous...If I can find them, I'll try and scan a pic of them.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
The Lady Flames lead 35-29 at the break. Not exactly the dominating performance we might have anticipated. But we are up by six.
By Stevev
Registration Days Posts
Yes, I expected a blowout early. I believe Coastal is shooting over 50% in the 3's and controlling the ball pretty well. Megan had sort of a down half. Nice 3 by Hammond got us that margin at the half. Hopefully can pick it up a little in the second half.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
The last thing we need is Megan going down with any injury. Hopefully it isn't serious ... at all.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Four minutes into the second half, we only lead by four.
By Stevev
Registration Days Posts
It looks like we are loosing our composure right now. Can't hit anything and fouling too much. Report is that Megan is probably out for this game but the injury is not too serious.
By Stevev
Registration Days Posts
The calls are just not going our way right now.
By Stevev
Registration Days Posts
Nice reverse layup by Petrokevich. Starting to hit some shots now.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
That was a key bucket. We're now up by eight but far from in control. If we aren't careful we can let this one slip through our fingers.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
We finally get the lead up to double-digits with 8:30 to go.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Moriah is saving the day with Megan on the sideline.
By Stevev
Registration Days Posts
Coastal still hanging tough with about 4 minutes to go. Need to hit the free throws
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
We're starting to close this one out.

Up 11 with just under two minutes to go.
By Stevev
Registration Days Posts
Nice drive by Courtney Watkins. Up by 11 with 2 minutes to go.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
That's the dagger from Allison.

This one should be in the bag.
By Stevev
Registration Days Posts
Great move by Alison Fasnacht. That could do it.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Let's bang home some FTs to makwe the final score looking better for the Selection Committee in march.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Come on, girls. Let's finish strong.
By Stevev
Registration Days Posts
It's a foul fest now. It will be a long 27 seconds.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
We're giving them every excuse to foul. We need to hit some fromt he line and then play some defense.
Election 2022 and 2024

Then he went on to win 49 out of 50 states.

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]

UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madr[…]

Danner Allen

Randolph Henry and Rustburg play again Monday. I […]