The most successful program on Liberty Mountain deserves its own forum. We give Coach Green and the Lady Flames their props while breaking down their run to the Big Dance once again.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, thesportscritic

By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
Since the guys won't be having any home games in the tourney; we should really push the girls games so we can get some strong numbers. I know that the games for Friday and Saturday will be difficult since students will be starting spring break, but if we hype it up enough perhaps they will stay or we can get a lot of people from town.

Anybody have suggestions on what we should do to try to get attendance up?
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
Give everyone who not only shows up but stays into the second half a tuition-credit voucher for $500.00.
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
Haha! That would be great.
By fsn32
Registration Days Posts
PAmedic wrote:Give everyone who not only shows up but stays into the second half a tuition-credit voucher for $500.00.
You got the tab for that one too, right? :P
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
I figure we can offset it w/ corporate donations! Pepsi just ponied up some dough, right?
By krh44
Registration Days Posts
One thing Coach Green mentioned today was the fact that tournament may be changing. He really didn't say how but I assume it would be like it used to be before. Lets all make it out Tuesday. It is a great honor to have a top 50 team and we need to show our support!!!!!!!
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Yes...Green has mentioned discussion about format change and that attendance would be one of the decision-making factors.
Neutral sites and host schools have both been talked about.
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
Well let me be the first to say I vote for having both tournaments in 1 venue and maybe even the same week. Mix in women's and men's games the same day and have a whole week of games. Or you could have Men's Tues, Thurs Sat and women's Wed, Friday, Sunday. or Monday, Wed, Friday (or Saturday after the Men because it would be hard to have it before the men at 12 noon). Lots of thoughts on the tournament format but I do wish they would have it all in one place (as a fan).
By fsn32
Registration Days Posts
AMEN
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
How would you feel if that tourney were in Birmingham?
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
I will answer a question Sly with a question. How will the rest of the Big South like that? I don't think anyone including the Big South Conference would like it except Birmingham. Truthfully as long as it was in one venue and it was combined, it wouldn't matter where they had it (except Birmingham). But I have been to a lot of Big South Tournaments and the best ones were always in Lynchburg in my opinion.
By WinthropEagleFan
Registration Days Posts
SCAR wrote:I will answer a question Sly with a question. How will the rest of the Big South like that? I don't think anyone including the Big South Conference would like it except Birmingham. Truthfully as long as it was in one venue and it was combined, it wouldn't matter where they had it (except Birmingham). But I have been to a lot of Big South Tournaments and the best ones were always in Lynchburg in my opinion.
If they went back to that format, Rock Hill deserves a shot at hosting it...I think the last time they did under that format was back in the late 80s/early 90s...Asheville/Roanoke/Lynchburg all had plenty of hosting opportunities in the late-90s/early-00s. For selfish reasons, I'd like it here in Charleston...
By krh44
Registration Days Posts
WEF
I would have to say if it wasn't here in Lynchburg the only place I would travel would be Chaleston. Charleston is a great city.
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
I would go to Rock Hill. Charlotte is a great area and would be a fun place to have the tournament. Again, I am speaking strickly as a fan. I would like to be able to go to see as many games as possible. It would be cool to have every game of the first round shown on FTN though. Not sure if that would happen even if the tournament format to change and they moved it to Lynchburg.
By Flamesfanva
Registration Days Posts
I'm planning to be in the Vines on the 11th to help celebrate another Big South Championship. Go Lady Flames!!!!!!!!
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
I'll be in Raleigh on the 10th and Casa Grande, AZ on the 11th...someone please let me know how we do...even if I have to sneak into the bathroom on the plane to use my cell phone.
2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Election 2022 and 2024

If there is a debate, it probably should be be[…]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]