The most successful program on Liberty Mountain deserves its own forum. We give Coach Green and the Lady Flames their props while breaking down their run to the Big Dance once again.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, thesportscritic

By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
The battle for first in the Big South...wonder if coach Green would mind doing an interview with a crazy kid who painted his face? :lol: (relax TTF...I'm only kidding, GOSH). According to RPIratings.com, we're 64 and High Point is 73 (as of 2/12/06).
A W here could make us a 12 seed, and I don't wanna think about what an L would do...

I don't know about yall, but I'm excited about this one...should be a good game.

GO FLAMES!!!!
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I think this is the first time in what seems like a decade where we have a regular season conference game that means something. Hopefully the student body realizes this and turns out in stronger numbers.
By thesportscritic
Registration Days Posts
Atrain did they promote the game in Convocation this morning?
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
I know they did Wednesday...I had a meeting in the bookstore today during Convo so I wasn't there but I assume they did.
By givemethemic
Registration Days Posts
We are pushing it as hard as we can... it's CFAW and so there is nothing else really going and Pastor Carson is hoping to get 5,000 there hopefully the masses will come out....
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
That would be awesome if we could manage that type of turnout.

Flamefans represent!
By krh44
Registration Days Posts
I am very excited about this one. Sadly for us to have a challenging game in the conference we have to lose our best player & league MVP. Regardless I hope everyone shows up and gives the Ladies the suppost they deserve!!!!!
By Colleen
I have no doubt that HP will win....I'd hate to say it but its true. LU WB is not what it once was....its like the Russian ice skating team in the olympics this year...not what it used to be. :(
By Stevev
Registration Days Posts
LU should win. They have some momentum now that the team has adjusted with life after Megan and the crowd should be huge if the game was promoted as it should. I didn't think that cursing was allowed on this board. Hmmm! But I do hate the Big South.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
The cursing is not allowed and has been deleted.

There is no denying that our team isn't as strong right now as in the past. But it still is better than the rest of the Big South even without Megan.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Colleen does have a point...our program is different, but its still competitive. Once again, we're leading the league in rebounding and defense, and you can be sure that coach Green and company definitely studied game film from the time we met at their place.
By Stevev
Registration Days Posts
Just look at the talent we lost due to graduation and it is understandable that there might be a bit of a dropoff in performance. But the dropoff has not been significant enough to say that the program is in decline. Not in the least. The only thing missing is a win vs a top 20 team but we have shown at times to be competitive against worthy competition such as Virginia Tech, NC State, Florida, and others but our overall youth kind of prevents us from that "Top 20" win. But wait till next year and in the next 3 years we will be fighting for a higher seed in the tourney and hopefully more post season wins and more recognition. Getting Megan back for next year would certainly solidify that. Carey Green is an outstanding coach and I am sure with his leadership LU will always maintain the high competitive level for the womens program.
As for the rest of the Big South we still are the best even though I see improvement in the rest of the league top to bottom. High Point is certainly a very worthy opponent and it has shown in the non-conference part of their schedule with some good performances. Hopefullly LU will be pumped and ready to play.
By thesportscritic
Registration Days Posts
Colleen wrote:I have no doubt that HP will win....I'd hate to say it but its true. LU WB is not what it once was....its like the Russian ice skating team in the olympics this year...not what it used to be. :(

I am not worried about HP. They are coming into our building now. They have to beat our defense. Which was non existent at HP. Thanks SLY Fox for cutting the cuss words before I saw them.
By thesportscritic
Registration Days Posts
Hopefullly LU will be pumped and ready to play.
I will be very disappointed if they were not pumped up today.
By Colleen
I sure hope you guys are right. BTW, do any of you know if there is serious talk about LU getting out of the Big South and going to a better conference? Thanks for deleting the cursing, I was really offended by it, I think it was directed at my comment. Thanks for being respectful in your disagreement with what I said.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Colleen - We've talked ad nauseum about our options for leaving the Big South. And frankly, right now we are stuck where we are at so we might as well make the best of it in the short term.

You don't need to thank me or the moderators for keeping this site clean. That should be an understood foundation of this site. We encourage often heated discussion amongst the LU family and with posters from other schools. But it needs to be done in a professional manner.

Now that you have found us, why not go ahead and stick around and register. We'd love to expand our female representation on the boards.
By thesportscritic
Registration Days Posts
Now that you have found us, why not go ahead and stick around and register. We'd love to expand our female representation on the boards.
Amen SLY. I would definitely like to hear from female sports fans more often, and get their opinions from their perspective. It is time to take back what's ours tonight vs High Point.
By TallyW
Registration Days Posts
looks like a great crowd!
By TallyW
Registration Days Posts
35-31 LU up at 17:30 to go
By TallyW
Registration Days Posts
42-38 LU with 11:52 to go
By Stevev
Registration Days Posts
Seems as if we have the chance to put them away but just keep giving HP a chance to get back into it.
By TallyW
Registration Days Posts
51-41 LU with 4:21 to go

ATTENDANCE: 3,366 (7th largest--- I'm assuming that's for the women)
Last edited by TallyW on February 18th, 2006, 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Stevev
Registration Days Posts
High Point is stone cold right now. Time to start putting this thing away
By TallyW
Registration Days Posts
55-47 LU

1:12 To go
2024 Season Thread

Interesting. At the beginning of the season I stat[…]

As I said before, LU will win the CUSA but going t[…]

Prayers please

Best of luck to you! Life gonna change 👍🏼