The most successful program on Liberty Mountain deserves its own forum. We give Coach Green and the Lady Flames their props while breaking down their run to the Big Dance once again.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, thesportscritic

By absturgill
Registration Days Posts
good effort by our girls but unfortunately we came up on the short end again. It's good to be able to run with these raanked teams like Pitt, GW and UVA. Can't wait for the Maryland tourney next weekend
By Stevev
Registration Days Posts
What was the score?
By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
54-47 pitt.
By Rocketfan
Registration Days Posts
SCAR wrote:I think what GMTM is saying is that Critic was saying we shouldn't show up. For a team that shouldn't even show up, we are doing quite well, win lose or draw. I hope we can hang on and win this one.
Whatever he was saying....19 points in a half is not good enough(against anyone). So just because we show up for a half, we didn't do quite well in my opinion.
By absturgill
Registration Days Posts
Looking at the stats, Pitt didn't play well either. They shot in the 30% for the game and had trouble defensively espically in the first half.
By Stevev
Registration Days Posts
Another blown opportunity for LU to repair some of the damage done so far this year.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
another game we should've won....

now there is no doubt in my mind that we will win the big south, but we are still a year or two away from possibly making another nice run in the ncaa tourney...we play these teams tough, but nothing has changed from last season, even with megan being healthy...

but this team is young, and i think in a couple years could go down as the best team in the LU women's bball history, they just need to learn how to win against quality opponents...
By fsn32
Registration Days Posts
absturgill wrote:Looking at the stats, Pitt didn't play well either. They shot in the 30% for the game and had trouble defensively espically in the first half.
We D'ed them up pretty good and put ourselves in a place to win but their big time player hit big time shots late. We had three bad offensive possessions in a row and lights out. We were down 3 with under a minute to go but they hit some key FT's and got one huge offensive board and we lost.

I don't usually pray for specific outcomes of sporting events, just for safety and good play... but I was praying we would win this. These girls effort today was worthy of a win but we got beaten by a better team.

The biggest shame in my emotion for this game is that I was wanting us to win so bad, not for our own benefit, but to silence our own fans criticism. I am not a Kool Aid guzzler... I know we haven't played as well as we could and we have things to work on, but this is a good team and I fully believe that the Lord will bless them this season and in the future.

I feel like I'm defending the honor of a wife or sister... but I'm confident the next 3 months will back me up.

Buenos Noches and Feliz Navidad
By absturgill
Registration Days Posts
FSN, I am looking forward to the quick trip across Prince George's County for the Maryland Tourney. Looking at our schedule, we all knew this would be a tough stretch. There is definately something special going on at Liberty and with the team.

I have said this before and it plays clear as a bell here. The NCAA has run an ad campaign saying the something like 98% of student athletes will go professional in something other than sports. These girls are playing for the love of the sport and their school. They have been and are great examples for classy sportsmanship and a great testimony for the Lord. It is something to go to an away game away from Vines Center and see the girls gather and invite the other team for prayer after the game. They even showed them doing that after the GW game on a highlight show up here in DC.

We all have a lot to be proud of in out Ladies.

I don't know when the boards will go offline so Merry Christmas if this is my last post until after Christmas
By Stevev
Registration Days Posts
That is a very nice post absturgill. I wish that I could be as forgiving but I just hate loosing. But loosing to these types of teams is not that bad and maybe were earned some respect due to the aweful performance we had a day ago. I just wish that we can get some more meaningful wins before the BSC schedule kicks in since the wins in the BSC don't mean squat as far as seedings in the tourney goes.
By absturgill
Registration Days Posts
Stevev wrote:That is a very nice post absturgill. I wish that I could be as forgiving but I just hate loosing. But loosing to these types of teams is not that bad and maybe were earned some respect due to the aweful performance we had a day ago. I just wish that we can get some more meaningful wins before the BSC schedule kicks in since the wins in the BSC don't mean squat as far as seedings in the tourney goes.
Thanks Steve, FSN, SCAR or GMTM will have to chime in on this one, we got the UVA win, but with narrow losses to VT, GW and PITT, How does S.O.S. play in to the mix for post season seeding. Now, if we can knock off Maryland next Saturday, how much will that wipe away the loses to the above teams in the selection committee's minds? Keep in mind too that all of our loses have been by 10 points or less.

Not to beat a dead horse too but the girls also had exams up until the Cancun tourney and if you look at our GPA average in the Whole NCAA's we are in the top 25, I believe, FSN, please correct me if I am wrong?
By thesportscritic
Registration Days Posts
fsn32 wrote:
absturgill wrote:Looking at the stats, Pitt didn't play well either. They shot in the 30% for the game and had trouble defensively espically in the first half.
We D'ed them up pretty good and put ourselves in a place to win but their big time player hit big time shots late. We had three bad offensive possessions in a row and lights out. We were down 3 with under a minute to go but they hit some key FT's and got one huge offensive board and we lost.

I don't usually pray for specific outcomes of sporting events, just for safety and good play... but I was praying we would win this. These girls effort today was worthy of a win but we got beaten by a better team.

The biggest shame in my emotion for this game is that I was wanting us to win so bad, not for our own benefit, but to silence our own fans criticism. I am not a Kool Aid guzzler... I know we haven't played as well as we could and we have things to work on, but this is a good team and I fully believe that the Lord will bless them this season and in the future.

I feel like I'm defending the honor of a wife or sister... but I'm confident the next 3 months will back me up.

Buenos Noches and Feliz Navidad

Need i say more FSN32
By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
there are the frequent posters who love and support the ladies til death, and i apppreciate that, but you guys need to quit shotgunning the kool-aid. yes we have a great chance to win the big south, but you have to be concerned with our play recently, and the lack of production of everyone other than megan. our recruiting has not been that great, and this team is not built for a sweet 16 run. if we do win the big south, it is one and done. i know these ladies play hard, but in the end, when our guard play lets us down, and no one else will step up besides megan, then will you stop chugging the kool-aid? i am not a green hater, i just think i am a man of reason.
By thesportscritic
Registration Days Posts
bigsmooth wrote:there are the frequent posters who love and support the ladies til death, and i apppreciate that, but you guys need to quit shotgunning the kool-aid. yes we have a great chance to win the big south, but you have to be concerned with our play recently, and the lack of production of everyone other than megan. our recruiting has not been that great, and this team is not built for a sweet 16 run. if we do win the big south, it is one and done. i know these ladies play hard, but in the end, when our guard play lets us down, and no one else will step up besides megan, then will you stop chugging the kool-aid? i am not a green hater, i just think i am a man of reason.
thank you smoothie!!!!!! certain people can't handle my criticism and are apologists. We have glaring problems but people don't want to admit them.
By thesportscritic
Registration Days Posts
SCAR and even FSN32 or anybody read this. this is from bigsmooth he wrote in the "Pittsburg in Cancun" thread.
Bigsmooth wrote:there are the frequent posters who love and support the ladies til death, and i apppreciate that, but you guys need to quit shotgunning the kool-aid. yes we have a great chance to win the big south, but you have to be concerned with our play recently, and the lack of production of everyone other than megan. our recruiting has not been that great, and this team is not built for a sweet 16 run. if we do win the big south, it is one and done. i know these ladies play hard, but in the end, when our guard play lets us down, and no one else will step up besides megan, then will you stop chugging the kool-aid? i am not a green hater, i just think i am a man of reason.
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
Another tough loss. It's so hard to get down on this team with all they have done for the school in the past. They are giving it their all. Give them another year or two, backed up by a good recruiting class or 2, and these girls could go down as one of the best teams to ever play at LU.

As far as this year goes, we do need to shore up a few weaknesses we have. That should not hold us back in the Big South though.
By thesportscritic
Registration Days Posts
sure we will probably get away with the weaknesses we have against the Big South, but against the better teams is where problems will await. if we don't take care of these glaring weaknesses.
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
thesportscritic wrote:sure we will probably get away with the weaknesses we have against the Big South, but against the better teams is where problems will await. if we don't take care of these glaring weaknesses.
I realize that, but our goal for the remainder of the year has to be to win the big south. Sure, we would like to win a big game against a big team, and/or win a game in the big dance. If that doesn't happen it's not the end of the world. We've only won a game in the tourney one year, and that was when we had perhaps the greatest player to ever play at LU here in Katie. Coach Green & Co. will have this team back to that point, but it doesn't happen overnight. It tooke Katie & co. 4 years to do it. We must have patience. After the UVa game I thought this team had made that small step, but apparently we haven't. They have shown that they are very close to that point, but give them another year or two.
By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
we will see what happens this year with the girls. i support them, but i also think we have glaring weaknesses, that need to be addressed, and that has yet to happen. please understand people, that im not a green hater, his record at LU is great, but we have to understand that this year is not going to be a cakewalk through the big south like it has been in the past.
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
I don't think it's going to be a cakewalk, but will be very surprised if we lose 2 or more games. The conference is down a notch from last year from what we have seen thus far. We only lost one game last year, and that was without Megan.
By thesportscritic
Registration Days Posts
jcmanson wrote:
thesportscritic wrote:sure we will probably get away with the weaknesses we have against the Big South, but against the better teams is where problems will await. if we don't take care of these glaring weaknesses.
I realize that, but our goal for the remainder of the year has to be to win the big south. Sure, we would like to win a big game against a big team, and/or win a game in the big dance. If that doesn't happen it's not the end of the world. We've only won a game in the tourney one year, and that was when we had perhaps the greatest player to ever play at LU here in Katie. Coach Green & Co. will have this team back to that point, but it doesn't happen overnight. It tooke Katie & co. 4 years to do it. We must have patience. After the UVa game I thought this team had made that small step, but apparently we haven't. They have shown that they are very close to that point, but give them another year or two.
let me clarify my previous statement. we will probably get away with our weaknesses against the Big South and beyond that is where possible problems await against the better teams if our weaknesses are not taken care of.
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
Yes, I agree with you on that statement critic.
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
No one is drinking Kool aid guys. Just trying to put it in perspective. You are being unrealistic if you expect Liberty to run to the sweet 16 every year and beat top 20 opponents. We are close but not yet there. We have weaknesses and no one is saying or at least I am not saying we don't but our perspective is way too skewed. I guess if George Mason's men don't make it back to the final 4 that Jim Larranaga is a terrible coach and Mason needs to address a bunch of issues? Mason's run and Liberty's Ladies run were special moments that will be really difficult to repeat in the near future. I just think you guys are being too critical of a good basketball team because you expect them to be extraordinary. They are a good team, but they are not an extraordinary team yet. But because they are not extraordinary, you guys are talking about them like they are a bad team. That is all I am trying to say. No Kool-aid, just perspective. Besides, the fact that it is not even January yet when teams start to gel, you guys are jumping the gun big time IMO.
By thesportscritic
Registration Days Posts
who is mentioning the sweet 16. not me i never said we even go that far. you are putting words in my mouth and i can't stand people like you SCAR who will do something like that. I am mentioning until we sure up these weaknesses then it will come back to bite us in the long run.
By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
whoa SCAR....im not looping you in with the kool-aid drinkers like the critic. i am simply saying we have glaring problems that if not addressed will make for a one and done scenario this year..providing we make the NCAA. and to go one step further, the big south will not be a cakewalk this year. and as far as the recruiting, i have not seen anything to tell me that we will get much better. i know we are not a sweet 16 program every year, i just wish some would have more realistic expectations. i think my points are very valid. with all of that said GO FLAMES!!!
2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Election 2022 and 2024

If there is a debate, it probably should be be[…]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]