The most successful program on Liberty Mountain deserves its own forum. We give Coach Green and the Lady Flames their props while breaking down their run to the Big Dance once again.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, thesportscritic

By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Last time we met, we blew them out of the Vines. Now that we're without Megan Frazee, it should be a little closer but still a W.

My Prediction:
LU 78
CSU: 64
By Chris Lang
Registration Days Posts
CSU has also been without its best player since the start of Big South play (Keena Wicker). The Bucs lost by 20 to Radford at home Saturday.

So ... I'm shooting holes in your theory. Have you seen the women play lately? No way they score 78. And Liberty hasn't allowed more to 60 than anyone but High Point lately.

So ... LU 61, CSU 38.

Sorry if this post comes off sounding snarky. That was not the plan.
By WinthropEagleFan
Registration Days Posts
Yeah, CSU will be lucky to win a conference game this year...LU should roll.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
SNARKY. like it.
By The True Flamer
Chris the more and more I read A-Train's retarded posts... I am more convinced that you need to be his mentor and take this poor writter under your wing and give him some guidance... We just want what's best for the A-Train.... I love you A-Train but we need to get you some help...
By thesportscritic
Registration Days Posts
The True Flamer wrote:Chris the more and more I read A-Train's retarded posts... I am more convinced that you need to be his mentor and take this poor writter under your wing and give him some guidance... We just want what's best for the A-Train.... I love you A-Train but we need to get you some help...
How would you know if his story's are retarded or not? Do you even read the Liberty Champion? I actually disagree with you TTF. I actually like the articles that he writes. You need to register by the way. BTW all of his articles are not retarded.
Last edited by thesportscritic on February 14th, 2006, 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Chris Lang
Registration Days Posts
Yeah, I really didn't mean to stomp all over A-Train and all. I just thought his prediction was totally ridiculous and out of left field considering the brand of basketball the Flames have been playing lately (great defense, a spurt of scoring here or there, etc., etc.).
By Stevev
Registration Days Posts
Michelle Parker with 2 straight threes. LU up by 12 early on.
By Stevev
Registration Days Posts
Frazee for 2 straight threes. LU up by 24 now with 3 minutes to go. Shooting over 50%.
By Stevev
Registration Days Posts
A 20 point lead at the half. Balanced scoring across the board.
By Stevev
Registration Days Posts
Getting a little sloppy now. Could be a case of looking ahead to Saturday. Lead is 20
By Stevev
Registration Days Posts
Terrible 2nd half up until this point. Lead is now 14. Too many fouls and turnovers. I guess with the big lead it shouldn't hurt that much.
By Stevev
Registration Days Posts
Lead is 19 now. Everyone getting in now and contributing. Should be well rested by Saturday.
By Stevev
Registration Days Posts
63-49 is the final. Leslie Jones the player of the game with 8 points. Not there best effort but a road win against a bad team. Time to move on to Saturday.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
The True Flamer wrote:Chris the more and more I read A-Train's retarded posts... I am more convinced that you need to be his mentor and take this poor writter under your wing and give him some guidance... We just want what's best for the A-Train.... I love you A-Train but we need to get you some help...
FACT: My grade in Champion Practicum right now is 100% (in case you didn't know, its a class that requires me to write the articles for the Champion)
FACT: I have received fan mail from Carey Green plus compliments from Ryan Bomberger (works in Athletic Media Relations) about my articles.

You're entitled to your opinion, but try and give them some basis other than this message board.

And Chris...trust me, I don't take anything (or anyone actually) you post about me personally...I value your opinions and criticisms.
By thesportscritic
Registration Days Posts
Nice First half, however sloppy second half. But maybe we were looking to HP on Saturday. Now it is time to take back whats ours on saturday. Hopefully there will be a decent crowd.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Green Ties History, Liberty Cruises to Victory

February 13, 2006 · Charleston, S.C.

Liberty University built a 39-19 halftime lead and went on to defeat the Charleston Southern Lady Buccaneers, 63-49, in Big South Conference women's basketball action at the CSU Field house on Monday night.

Liberty improves to 17-5 overall, 8-1 in conference play while CSU drops to 6-16 overall, 0-9 in conference play.

The two teams kept it close over the first six minutes as the Lady Flames were only able to muster a four point lead, 10-6, as they looked to win their 21-straight game against the Lady Buccaneers, but a three-pointer by Michelle Parker (Jr., G, Miami, Fla.) sparked an 11-0 run and gave Liberty a comfortable 15-point cushion with 11:37 to go in the first.

Liberty reeled off its second big run of the opening half as Molly Frazee (Fr., G/F, Xenia, Ohio) knocked down a three to give the Lady Flames their largest lead of the half at 24 (37-13) as they cruised to a 39-19 halftime lead.

Charleston Southern came out of the half and quickly cut into the lead as Shaunte Small connected on a jumper and Pam Tolbert hit a three to cut Liberty’s lead to 15, 39-24.

However, Moriah Frazee (Fr., G/F, Xenia, Ohio) scored four of the Lady Flames’ next six points to increase their lead back to 20 (45-25) and it would prove to be insurmountable as Liberty gave head coach Carey Green his 158th career win, tying him with former Radford coach, Luby Lichonczak, as the winnegest coaches in Big South history.

Moriah Frazee was the only Liberty player in double figures with 11 points but the Flames put 11 players overall in the scoring column. Liberty dominated play on the boards, out-rebounding CSU, 52-22, with 21 offensive rebounds.

Senior forward Erica McCoy paced CSU with 13 points and five boards while Tolbert added 12 points. Guard Deborah Cherry finished with seven assists and three steals.

Liberty shot 41.4 percent from the field, hitting 11-of-14 free throws. CSU shot only 26.1 percent from the field in the first half but finished the game at 31.4 percent.

Liberty returns to action next Saturday night as they try to avenge its only Big South loss on the season in a battle for first place when they host the Panthers of High Point at 7 p.m. in the Vines Center.

http://www.libertyflames.com/wbball/new ... ws_id=3041
By fsn32
Registration Days Posts
Whoa... stop riding the "Train" ... Nothing wrong with a little constructive criticism but no need to make it personal. Now having said that... let me offer a little criticism to ATrain ;-) Maybe you should say that Carey Green gave you a compliment about you articles. "Fan Mail from Carey Green" sounds weird. ;-)
By fsn32
Registration Days Posts
thesportscritic wrote:
How would you know if his story's are retarded or not? Do you even read the Liberty Champion? I actually disagree with you TTF. I actually like the articles that he writes. You need to register by the way. BTW not all of his articles are not retarded.

Isn't that a double negative which would mean that some of his articles ARE Retarded? Just busting on you a little bit, SportsCritic.

That's what I love about this board... we keep each other on our toes!
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
http://newsadvance.com/servlet/Satellit ... 2239&path=

LU women win at Charleston So.
Liberty University built a 39-19 halftime lead and went on to defeat the Charleston Southern 63-49 in Big South Conference women's basketball action at the CSU Field house on Monday night.

Liberty improves to 16-5 overall, 7-1 in conference play while CSU drops to 6-16 overall, 0-9 in conference play.

Moriah Frazee was the only Liberty player in double figures with 11 points but the Flames put 11 players overall in the scoring column. Liberty dominated play on the boards, outrebounding CSU 52-22 with 21 offensive rebounds.

Senior forward Erica McCoy paced CSU with 13 points and five boards while Pamela Tolbert added 12 points. Guard Deborah Cherry finished with seven assists and three steals.

CSU shot only 26.1 percent from the field in the first half but finished the game at 31.4 percent. Liberty shot 41.4 percent from the field, hitting 11-of-14 free throws.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
as an aside, and an IMPORTANT one at that- congrats to Coach Green on getting his 158th career win- "tying him with former Radford coach, Luby Lichonczak, as the winnegest coaches in Big South history".

glad we wrapped him up for the forseeable future!
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
What a way to cement his name as the winningest coach in Big South History, winning at home vs High Point, likely clinching the #1 seed in the tournament, and avenging both a loss earlier in the season AND a loss last year which ended two of the longest winning streaks in the nation
By The True Flamer
First of all did I say anything about your ARTICLES being retarded (answer) NO!!!! I said and if you would have read this the first time. that your POSTS are retarded, there is a difference believe it or not. I have no problem being with you being a fan it's cool and stuff, but you need to know where to draw the line when it comes to being a so-called journalist. Good Luck with the rest of the semester and Chris we need to start this mentor program. With your guidance A-Train maybe will change his ways and learn from his mistakes. Go Flames!!!
By Chris Lang
Registration Days Posts
True Flamer: I'm already busy enough, thanks.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
The True Flamer wrote:First of all did I say anything about your ARTICLES being retarded (answer) NO!!!! I said and if you would have read this the first time. that your POSTS are retarded, there is a difference believe it or not. I have no problem being with you being a fan it's cool and stuff, but you need to know where to draw the line when it comes to being a so-called journalist. Good Luck with the rest of the semester and Chris we need to start this mentor program. With your guidance A-Train maybe will change his ways and learn from his mistakes. Go Flames!!!
My friend, yes there is a difference between being a journalist and being a fan. I am on this board as a fan who also happens to write for the school paper. Therefore, that entitles me to express my opinions and support for the team as a fanyou're right, there is a difference between my posts and my articles...my articles are written as a journalist, my posts as a fan.

And like Chris, I likewise am on the busy side...
2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Election 2022 and 2024

If there is a debate, it probably should be be[…]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]