The most successful program on Liberty Mountain deserves its own forum. We give Coach Green and the Lady Flames their props while breaking down their run to the Big Dance once again.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, thesportscritic

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Good win today for the Ladies. After the 2nd qtr it looked like it was going to be a looong game.
I don’t know what was said at halftime but it seemed to work
Hess played the 2nd half with a lot of confidence and not second guessing herself. That when she can reach her potential
Howard gave great minutes of the bench. She *could * provide the toughness this team is so sorely lacking. She put at least 3 Tech players on their but and was nice and rugged on D
Boone and Hodges were steady when needed.
It appears that Coach Green has found a rotation that plays well together. Their offensive movement from the 1st to the 2 nd half was noticeable The defensive intensity and positioning was also greatly improved. Sure, Tech couldn’t throw it in the ocean in the second half it was still a good and desperately needed win
thesportscritic liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thesportscritic wrote: January 13th, 2024, 6:54 pm I just wish this team would play like this consistently.
They are young so inconsistency will be the only constant. But that squad on the floor that made the comeback was the best I’ve seen from them all year. Hopefully that group gets a lot of minutes the rest of the year. It will pay future dividends
By Baybird
I agree. That first half almost made me think this season is going to be very long. Just seeing the body language of both players and coaches made me think that something is just off. The rally in the 3rd quarter changed my mind. I too think we have a bright future with the players we have that are getting some valuable experience (plus Bella Smuda developing a shot that isn't a layup!) and some needed talent signed on for next year. While this may not be the kind of year we are used to, I believe good things are coming.
By ECC29
They looked good in the second half against a team with a losing record. Too optimistic. When they replace coach Green with someone that can bring in better athletes, then the program can reach to another level.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ECC29 wrote: January 13th, 2024, 10:56 pm They looked good in the second half against a team with a losing record. Too optimistic. When they replace coach Green with someone that can bring in better athletes, then the program can reach to another level.
You play with the team you have not the team you want. I’m focusing on what the roster looks like now and how they play. Since winning is ALWAYS better than losing and the team showed significant improvement I’m going to point that out.
It’s also always easier to point out negatives instead of positives.
flamehunter, Baybird, ATrain liked this
By ECC29
Significant improvements? What games have you been watching? Ok, the truth about this team.
Asia Boone = great improvement/best player on the team
Smuda & Hess = solid players, good to watch them play
Hodges = too many mistakes especially during full court press. She struggles handling the press. She lack dribble penetration for a point guard.
Acin & Bailey = hard to watch, low level players. Bailey plays worst than most freshmen. She is a 5th year senior and is very ineffective. Acin is slow and unathletic. She has no business playing at this level.
I have said this before, this is not the Big South or ASUN. LU is now in the G5 level. This lack of athleticism is not cutting it. Another frustration, why Coach Green continues to start Bailey. It boggles my mind. I want to poke my eye out every time I watch her play.
Everyone else on the team = trying to keep their heads above water.
By ECC29
I wrote this after watching the replay against FIU and LA Tech.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ECC29 wrote: January 19th, 2024, 12:49 am Significant improvements? What games have you been watching? Ok, the truth about this team.
Asia Boone = great improvement/best player on the team
Smuda & Hess = solid players, good to watch them play
Hodges = too many mistakes especially during full court press. She struggles handling the press. She lack dribble penetration for a point guard.
Acin & Bailey = hard to watch, low level players. Bailey plays worst than most freshmen. She is a 5th year senior and is very ineffective. Acin is slow and unathletic. She has no business playing at this level.
I have said this before, this is not the Big South or ASUN. LU is now in the G5 level. This lack of athleticism is not cutting it. Another frustration, why Coach Green continues to start Bailey. It boggles my mind. I want to poke my eye out every time I watch her play.
Everyone else on the team = trying to keep their heads above water.
My post was about the LA Tech game. Which is ironically the title of this thread. So that would be one of the several games I’ve watched.
I don’t know why he continues to start Bailey either. Hodges does her job and knows her role. Which right now doesn’t appear to be to break down defenses off the dribble. It’s more to run the 15’ screen game.
I did not watch the FIU game. Feel free to start a thread on that.
Danner Allen

Randolph Henry and Rustburg play again Monday. I […]

UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madrey[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double-hocke[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1783905706782[…]