The most successful program on Liberty Mountain deserves its own forum. We give Coach Green and the Lady Flames their props while breaking down their run to the Big Dance once again.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, thesportscritic

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
So the Lady’s played Tennessee today….

At least I got to watch it by the pool in Scottsdale :D 8)
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: December 31st, 2023, 5:11 pm So the Lady’s played Tennessee today….

So was the temperature in Scottsdale closer to Tennessee's score or Liberty's?
Baybird liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
flamehunter wrote: December 31st, 2023, 5:47 pm
Purple Haize wrote: December 31st, 2023, 5:11 pm So the Lady’s played Tennessee today….

So was the temperature in Scottsdale closer to Tennessee's score or Liberty's?
Way to finish the year strong with that post!
It’s close but I think LU score was closer. And without going over :D :D
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
I'm impressed that we got a program like Tennessee to come to Liberty arena.
ballcoach15 liked this
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
ATrain wrote: January 2nd, 2024, 10:08 pm I'm impressed that we got a program like Tennessee to come to Liberty arena.
Women’s basketball ratings systems gives much heavier weight to road wins. Plus there is less risk of loss because talent disparity is more vast than MBB.

Top ranked P5 teams LOVE it when a program is willing to schedule them on the road. The home team usually thinks it can sell more tickets.
By Baybird
JK37 wrote: January 3rd, 2024, 7:56 am
ATrain wrote: January 2nd, 2024, 10:08 pm I'm impressed that we got a program like Tennessee to come to Liberty arena.
Women’s basketball ratings systems gives much heavier weight to road wins. Plus there is less risk of loss because talent disparity is more vast than MBB.

Top ranked P5 teams LOVE it when a program is willing to schedule them on the road. The home team usually thinks it can sell more tickets.
I agree with that rationale, however Tennessee signed on for a home/away series with us. We play at the Food City Center next year.
By Baybird
ballcoach15 wrote: January 3rd, 2024, 10:53 am Was the arena sold-out for Tennessee game ?
Not sure why you are asking but, I don't think that is a fair question as MANY of LU's supporters were attending the Fiesta Bowl (including 8 of us who are regular attendees to the WBB games). THEN, the students were not on campus. So having over 2100 in attendance on a holiday weekend with all those other factors seems to me a pretty good attendance.
ballcoach15, ATrain liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: January 3rd, 2024, 10:53 am Was the arena sold-out for Tennessee game ?
You were in town. Why didn’t you go?
By Baybird
Sorry, I didn't make it clearer...
WE WERE AT THE FIESTA BOWL!
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Not even close. Check your FB Messenger for a pic.
By Humble_Opinion
Registration Days Posts
There was a record attendance announced (2,100) breaking the previous attendance record by over 500. Nearly half the crowd was TN though I would say... they traveled very well.

Regarding the game, something that continually frustrates me is Coach Greene's willingness to sub out his best players for longer periods of time. It looked like Emma Hess sat out for over a quarter and a half's worth of time throughout the game. When she's on, she's by far our best player. Same goes for Bella Smuda and our starting PG (Hodges). I understand giving them a rest for a few minutes at a time, but game after game it seems to be for longer periods of time.
ballcoach15 liked this
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: January 3rd, 2024, 11:08 am
You were in town. Why didn’t you go?
Actually I forgot about the game. I had talked to Dot Richardson at church Sunday morning, and I was fired up that softball practice starts this Sunday. Basketball completely skipped my mind.
By Baybird
Missed who he was talking to.
Last edited by Baybird on January 4th, 2024, 10:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
By ECC29
Humble_Opinion wrote: January 3rd, 2024, 12:32 pm There was a record attendance announced (2,100) breaking the previous attendance record by over 500. Nearly half the crowd was TN though I would say... they traveled very well.

Regarding the game, something that continually frustrates me is Coach Greene's willingness to sub out his best players for longer periods of time. It looked like Emma Hess sat out for over a quarter and a half's worth of time throughout the game. When she's on, she's by far our best player. Same goes for Bella Smuda and our starting PG (Hodges). I understand giving them a rest for a few minutes at a time, but game after game it seems to be for longer periods of time.
Maybe CG conceded the game and just wanted to give other players more experience. I do not think he believes he can win against those bigger school. He probably wanted to give the other players the experiences as they are getting ready for conference games.
thesportscritic liked this
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Baybird wrote: January 3rd, 2024, 9:34 am
JK37 wrote: January 3rd, 2024, 7:56 am

I agree with that rationale, however Tennessee signed on for a home/away series with us. We play at the Food City Center next year.
That’s my point. They usually have to pay for an auto win. Now they get two and a rating boost for the away game. For free. It’s perfect for UT. Most lower schools like LU aren’t willing to do it because they need the money.
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
thesportscritic wrote: January 4th, 2024, 12:45 am He has never beaten an SEC school and never will.
He beat a pretty good ACC school a few years ago...
By thesportscritic
Registration Days Posts
I know he's beaten acc schools.🙄🙄. Very few wins against the acc in his career. I can count the wins on one hand throughout his career.
Election 2022 and 2024

Then he went on to win 49 out of 50 states.

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]

UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madr[…]

Danner Allen

Randolph Henry and Rustburg play again Monday. I […]