The most successful program on Liberty Mountain deserves its own forum. We give Coach Green and the Lady Flames their props while breaking down their run to the Big Dance once again.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, thesportscritic

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ECC29 wrote: November 25th, 2023, 9:12 pm The 2 or 3 players can come back but it will not matter too much because none of those has the speed to keep up in defense. Speed is the name of the game. The freshmen players all looked absolutely lost and could not keep up. Furthermore, LU’s offense is horrendous. Their dribbling skill is low level. No one has the consistent dribble penetration skills. No one can get the ball to the basket.
A bounce pass into a post player accomplishes the same thing
Cider Jim liked this
By ECC29
They barely can do that. The turnovers were ridiculous. Athletically, LU just could not keep up. The only reason the score was that close was because Louisville had a bad day in shooting about 30%.
By tyndal23
Question - Is a top regular top 25 Women’s team harder to attain vs a top 25 NCAAM as a G5 ? I would say top 25 AP regular ranking for NCAAM is much harder due to parity, but I see a very top heavy NCAAW and plenty of room for dominant G5 NCAAW to be ranked top 25 year in year out. NIL push and elite coaching at NCAAW - is that attainable for LU ? ( and if so does anyone care ? ). Gonzaga/Dayton’s of NCAAM - and I am familiar with FGCU ASun women’s ( who gets ranked then hammered in tourney ). I guess my question is - who are we trying to emulate ? Is it possible to become a Baylor/TN/SC/LSU in time? If so - what coaches would you gamble with over current coach success and why? And what additional resources would you pump in for chasing that goal?
By ECC29
Getting ranked will come in time when you get a good collection of players on the floor playing at the same time. Which means, needing a different coach that may have different or better connections around the country that can bring in better athletes. Just like Hugh Freeze was able to bring in good players because of who he is. I believe that’s what the LU women’s basketball needs going forward. It is obvious that Green is not getting good connections to get better athletes. There is always a coach out there that has great relationships with high school coaches with great players. Perhaps, getting good players to transfer. Hugh Freeze and Chadwell were able to get transfer players because of their unique influences. The same can be true for women’s basketball.
thesportscritic liked this
By tyndal23
ECC29 wrote: November 25th, 2023, 10:46 pm Getting ranked will come in time when you get a good collection of players on the floor playing at the same time. Which means, needing a different coach that may have different or better connections around the country that can bring in better athletes. Just like Hugh Freeze was able to bring in good players because of who he is. I believe that’s what the LU women’s basketball needs going forward. It is obvious that Green is not getting good connections to get better athletes. There is always a coach out there that has great relationships with high school coaches with great players. Perhaps, getting good players to transfer. Hugh Freeze and Chadwell were able to get transfer players because of their unique influences. The same can be true for women’s basketball.
As I casually watch - seems like CG gets a good transfer but loses 2, usually gets his team playing at its best by tourney time and is consistent Over 2 decades. Does he have the resources to do more ? Not arguing - just asking. I agree that making yourself a top 15 or so program as a g5 is much easier road to climb than NCAAM - but there is a reason most athletic departments don’t attempt it. But maybe things have changed in demographics and a cash flush school should pursue it for over all value of athletic program...
By ECC29
Name the good players that CG received from transfer in the last 5 years or during his career. He had transfer players but they were not game changer players. LU has the resource to do more but does this coach have the connections to get the better athletes? That is the question that I’m going to say, No. You and some people here continues to refer CG’s success the last 2 decades that were lower level conferences. My point in all this is that LU is trying to compete at a higher G5 level. Their players are not athletic enough to compete at a higher level. It is showing this season so far. It is time for a new coach to have that connection across the country to bring in better athletes just like what Freeze and Chadwell has done for th football program. Reputation from a coach makes a difference on how they get the key players.
By walksports
Took my daughter, who graduated in '17, to see the UTEP game this weekend. Got off the plane this morning, dropped her off at her place and continued to drive on out to Katy this morning.

It was tough to watch. Seemed like there wasn't any consistent fire from anybody. Maybe some of that was playing a third game in three days, but so was Alabama. When Liberty went to man on defense for awhile, they seemed to stem the Tide's scoring a little -- other than the long-range threes, but offensively, they seemed to lack movement and helping out the teammate with the ball. Overall, there just seemed to be a lack of aggressiveness.

Hopefully things will improve before they make their way back here to Texas in January when they visit SHSU.
By ECC29
This is what I’m talking about. FGCU does not have all the size advantages but their athletic abilities helps them win games against top teams. That coach knows how to recruit players. LU struggles to get the right players in their program.
By ECC29
Good win but the big reason they won was because JMU did not shoot well. Liberty was out rebounded by 51-31. This shows the lack of athleticism in this team. Rebounding requires good athleticism. That Iceland freshman is no better than Bailey. She has slow feet and no defense. She missed an easy layup at the end. Boone is getting better. Good to see that.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ECC29 wrote: December 1st, 2023, 5:25 pm Good win but the big reason they won was because JMU did not shoot well. Liberty was out rebounded by 51-31. This shows the lack of athleticism in this team. Rebounding requires good athleticism. That Iceland freshman is no better than Bailey. She has slow feet and no defense. She missed an easy layup at the end. Boone is getting better. Good to see that.
I agree that JMU couldn’t have thrown it in the ocean if they were on the Titanic. It’s also troubling that LU got out rebouded because that’s always been a staple of HCCG teams
I Will disagree that rebounding takes athleticism. It requires a lot more than good athleticism. It certainly can help like in any Sport but there are scores of less athletic players and teams who are good rebounders. .
By ECC29
If you actually played basketball, you would know that rebounding requires a lot of athleticism. Strength to box out; footwork to get in position; and jumping and movement to go after the ball. It is a very physical encounter during rebounding. It is not just standing there and jumping for the ball. There are so much physical effort to rebound. Strength is a major. LU ladies are relatively weak in my observation.
thesportscritic, Chippy liked this
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
ECC29 wrote:If you actually played basketball, you would know that rebounding requires a lot of athleticism. Strength to box out; footwork to get in position; and jumping and movement to go after the ball. It is a very physical encounter during rebounding. It is not just standing there and jumping for the ball. There are so much physical effort to rebound. Strength is a major. LU ladies are relatively weak in my observation.
You might be surprised to find out that Haize knows quite a bit about basketball...
Purple Haize liked this
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
ECC29 wrote: December 2nd, 2023, 7:41 pm If you actually played basketball, you would know that rebounding requires a lot of athleticism. Strength to box out; footwork to get in position; and jumping and movement to go after the ball. It is a very physical encounter during rebounding. It is not just standing there and jumping for the ball. There are so much physical effort to rebound. Strength is a major. LU ladies are relatively weak in my observation.
You should try making your point without insulting people. Let alone, falsely.

Just when I want to agree with you, you act like a complete and total fool.
Baybird liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
jbock13 wrote: December 2nd, 2023, 7:43 pm
ECC29 wrote:If you actually played basketball, you would know that rebounding requires a lot of athleticism. Strength to box out; footwork to get in position; and jumping and movement to go after the ball. It is a very physical encounter during rebounding. It is not just standing there and jumping for the ball. There are so much physical effort to rebound. Strength is a major. LU ladies are relatively weak in my observation.
You might be surprised to find out that Haize knows quite a bit about basketball...
TBF I’m still waiting for my shot at a head coaching gig with an Upward Team somewhere. Maybe next year….
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: December 2nd, 2023, 8:25 pm
ECC29 wrote: December 2nd, 2023, 7:41 pm If you actually played basketball, you would know that rebounding requires a lot of athleticism. Strength to box out; footwork to get in position; and jumping and movement to go after the ball. It is a very physical encounter during rebounding. It is not just standing there and jumping for the ball. There are so much physical effort to rebound. Strength is a major. LU ladies are relatively weak in my observation.

Were you agreeing that I never actually played basketball? :D :D
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: December 2nd, 2023, 9:25 pmNo.
I know it wasn’t my spot on high level in depth analysis usually only available to our premium subscribers :D :D
By ECC29

I apologize if I offended anyone. But, I take pride in playing basketball and rebounding skills. Dennis Rodman made millions of dollars to play defense and REBOUND in the NBA. For someone to express their views here and act like they know something is something I am taken back. Don’t talk like you know what you are doing. To say rebounding does not require athleticism is ignorant. I really do not have time to deal with ignorance. I do apologize if I offend anyone. Know your lane. Don’t talk like you know more than what tou know.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ECC29 wrote: December 2nd, 2023, 9:54 pm

I apologize if I offended anyone. But, I take pride in playing basketball and rebounding skills. Dennis Rodman made millions of dollars to play defense and REBOUND in the NBA. For someone to express their views here and act like they know something is something I am taken back. Don’t talk like you know what you are doing. To say rebounding does not require athleticism is ignorant. I really do not have time to deal with ignorance. I do apologize if I offend anyone. Know your lane. Don’t talk like you know more than what tou know.
Yes. Know your lane. Also know the First Law of Holes.
By ECC29
Purple Haize wrote: December 2nd, 2023, 9:56 pm
ECC29 wrote: December 2nd, 2023, 9:54 pm

[/quote do not insult all basketball players from around the world. We have no time with your ignorance.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ECC29 wrote: December 2nd, 2023, 10:10 pm
ECC29 wrote: December 2nd, 2023, 9:54 pm I apologize if I offended anyone. But, I take pride in playing basketball and rebounding skills. Dennis Rodman made millions of dollars to play defense and REBOUND in the NBA. For someone to express their views here and act like they know something is something I am taken back. Don’t talk like you know what you are doing. To say rebounding does not require athleticism is ignorant. I really do not have time to deal with ignorance. I do apologize if I offend anyone. Know your lane. Don’t talk like you know more than what tou know.
[/quote do not insult all basketball players from around the world. We have no time with your ignorance.
Obviously you don’t know the First Law of Holes…..
By ECC29
ECC29 wrote: December 2nd, 2023, 10:10 pm
ECC29 wrote: December 2nd, 2023, 9:54 pm I apologize if I offended anyone. But, I take pride in playing basketball and rebounding skills. Dennis Rodman made millions of dollars to play defense and REBOUND in the NBA. For someone to express their views here and act like they know something is something I am taken back. Don’t talk like you know what you are doing. To say rebounding does not require athleticism is ignorant. I really do not have time to deal with ignorance. I do apologize if I offend anyone. Know your lane. Don’t talk like you know more than what tou know.
I know the fundament of basketball which you clearly do not.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Seriously though. Look up the First Law of Holes. It’s very applicable to your situation
By ECC29
Seriously, what you need to do is tuck your tail in. Someone like me calls you out and you get offended. You and some people like to be behind your phone making comments you have little knowledge and pretend you know something. I called you out on it and you are offended. You can recognize that you were wrong and that ends the show.
Danner Allen

Struck out 22 batters and Randolph-Henry def[…]

UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madrey[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double-hocke[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1783905706782[…]