The most successful program on Liberty Mountain deserves its own forum. We give Coach Green and the Lady Flames their props while breaking down their run to the Big Dance once again.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, thesportscritic

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ECC29 wrote: July 9th, 2023, 7:35 pm
Purple Haize wrote: July 9th, 2023, 7:18 pm
ECC29 wrote: July 9th, 2023, 7:03 pm
I meant to say Absolutely not to LU being the same as FGCU. The record between them 9-1 shows they are not the same. LU has a winning record against lower oppositions. FGCU beats better schools a lot more than LU because their coach recruits better athletes.
When it comes to National recognition, which is what I mentioned. Here is my quote ‘ They are as Nationally recognized as FGCU.’
You said LU wanted a Winning Program and one that is Nationally recognized. They already have a winning program. I compared their National recognition to FGCU because that’s the team you keep bringing up
My point is LU needs better athletes to compete against bigger school. I don’t care what they’re record in the past. They boost their record against weaker opponents. FGCU beats P5 schools almost every year in the last few years. LU does not. Since LU enters G5, they need a better coach to recruit better athletes. If they stay the same level of athletes as they have been, they will not compete well in G5 schools.
I’m just using your words. Just disputing the claims you made. Those were different arguments than the one you just made.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Ill flame wrote: July 9th, 2023, 7:31 pm Why is this who conversation about FGCU? We are no longer in the same conference as them and we aren't likely to play them again anytime soon. MTSU isnt normally as good as FGCU every year but they are the new top dog in the conference we need to worry about and I think we will matchup pretty well against them most years.
MTSU is gonna be tough. CUSA is a better WBB Conference than the last 2 they’ve been in. There will be fewer GIMMIE games than in the past. It will be interesting to see how LU fares
By swem
Registration Days
Again, ignore the guy. He just said we haven’t beaten P5 teams in the last few years. It’s not worth arguing with him. He started a thread about new players so let’s talk about new players.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
swem wrote: July 9th, 2023, 9:25 pm Here are some of Avery’s highlights from last summer
Decent form and speed on her release. LU needs a knock down shooter or two

Shout out to the throwback Cleveland Cavs game shorts!
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
ECC29 wrote: July 9th, 2023, 6:48 pm
prototype wrote: July 9th, 2023, 10:02 am ecc - you are crazy and I feel you have about 6 months experience when it comes to Liberty athletics. To compare our women's program to FGCU shows your lack of knowledge when it comes to women's basketball. FGCU is a unicorn. They are in Florida, have a coach that lives and breaths off transfers from big schools - and is somehow really good at it. He has no loyalty to building a program and when he decides to leave (which he will) that program will be in the bottom tier of women's basketball. But, until that happens - they will be good and full of players that probably wouldn't have transferred to a Christian school or a top tier program for various reasons.

Coach Green is a great coach and an even better ambassador for our school. He puts out a competitive product every year and keep the turnover of players very low. Not sure what you want... You want a team that gets the top talent and competes for National championships every year - go support one of the 3 or 4 programs in the NCAA that can do that - UCONN, South Carolina, Tennessee and now maybe LSU.

Stop trashing Coach Green on this forum - he's earned a little respect and to dictate his own future plans, when it come to retirement.
Let me point out your criticism towards the FGCU coach that he is not loyal and no commitment to their program. That coach has been with FGCU for 21 years since they were D2. U of Pitt just tried to hire him and he rejected a P5 school because of his LOYALTY to FGCU. You made an incorrect assumption of that coach. Again, too many people here making false statements to Make themselves look good but knows very little suck as you Prototype.
Again - manipulating what people say to make yourself feel better. I didn't say he was unloyal or would leave that program - I said WHEN he leaves that program - they will be a mess and have very little in the cupboard because of his style of recruiting transfers... Big difference, but don't let the truth stand in your way.

You obviously have something personal against Green... Did he not recruit your daughter? Did he not recruit you? (Are you a woman?)
By ECC29
prototype wrote: July 10th, 2023, 12:28 am
prototype wrote: July 9th, 2023, 10:02 am ecc - you are crazy and I feel you have about 6 months experience when it comes to Liberty athletics. To compare our women's program to FGCU shows your lack of knowledge when it comes to women's basketball. FGCU is a unicorn. They are in Florida, have a coach that lives and breaths off transfers from big schools - and is somehow really good at it. He has no loyalty to building a program and when he decides to leave (which he will) that program will be in the bottom tier of women's basketball. But, until that happens - they will be good and full of players that probably wouldn't have transferred to a Christian school or a top tier program for various reasons.

Coach Green is a great coach and an even better ambassador for our school. He puts out a competitive product every year and keep the turnover of players very low. Not sure what you want... You want a team that gets the top talent and competes for National championships every year - go support one of the 3 or 4 programs in the NCAA that can do that - UCONN, South Carolina, Tennessee and now maybe LSU.

Stop trashing Coach Green on this forum - he's earned a little respect and to dictate his own future plans, when it come to retirement.
Let me point out your criticism towards the FGCU coach that he is not loyal and no commitment to their program. That coach has been with FGCU for 21 years since they were D2. U of Pitt just tried to hire him and he rejected a P5 school because of his LOYALTY to FGCU. You made an incorrect assumption of that coach. Again, too many people here making false statements to Make themselves look good but knows very little suck as you Prototype.
Again - manipulating what people say to make yourself feel better. I didn't say he was unloyal or would leave that program - I said WHEN he leaves that program - they will be a mess and have very little in the cupboard because of his style of recruiting transfers... Big difference, but don't let the truth stand in your way.

You obviously have something personal against Green... Did he not recruit your daughter? Did he not recruit you? (Are you a woman?)
You are a liar. You stated, “He has no loyalty to building a program…” And NO, I have no daughter and I am a man. I have nothing personal against CG. Just making an observation and stating facts. Obviously, you are emotionally linked to him. You have no other facts about basketball to offer. You are going in a tangent and not worth any debate.
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
ECC29 wrote: July 10th, 2023, 6:13 am

You are a liar. You stated, “He has no loyalty to building a program…” And NO, I have no daughter and I am a man. I have nothing personal against CG. Just making an observation and stating facts. Obviously, you are emotionally linked to him. You have no other facts about basketball to offer. You are going in a tangent and not worth any debate.
OK - I'm a liar, but it's in my original post. I will post it here and then diagram it for you.

Original Statement -
He has no loyalty to building a program and when he decides to leave (which he will) that program will be in the bottom tier of women's basketball.

No Loyalty TO BUILDING A PROGRAM. Translation - He went away from trying to recruit High schoolers and has turned his attention to college transfers. Is this bad? No - it obviously works for him and he's very good at it.

But, WHEN HE DESIDES TO RETIRE OR LEAVE - there won't be a lot left as far as talent, unless someone comes behind him and can do the same thing, which is unlikely.

BIG DIFFERENCE BETWEEN ME CALLING HIM UNLOYAL...

You can say what you want - I do support our programs, but look back at my posts - I don't blindly support anyone just because they are a coach, but i do support good coaches that have brought us pretty good attention, while maintaining a great program. Just some numbers -
Coach Green started with Liberty in 1999.
Has a record of 547-216 (that’s a .717 winning percentage)
That's 24 years - Has only had a losing record 1 of those years. 19 of those - won over 20 games.
18 Post Season Appearances. (Would have been 19 if it wasn't for covid)
Took Liberty to the Sweet 16.
Dominated both Conferences we have been in - going 327-59

What is a coach supposed to do? I love that we have a good coach that represents the University well and keeps us relevant every year. Wish you the best ECC... Have a great rest of your summer. Hope you land that coaching job you seek. You seem like a very reasonable guy with the personality to attract talent from everywhere...
flamehunter liked this
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
prototype wrote: July 10th, 2023, 12:28 am You obviously have something personal against Green... Did he not recruit your daughter? Did he not recruit you? (Are you a woman?)
You are a liar. You stated, “He has no loyalty to building a program…” And NO, I have no daughter and I am a man.

This is getting GOOD. :popcorn This is even better than some of Ballcoach's posts, who probably hoped you were a woman with softball interests, too. :cheerleader
flameshaw liked this
By ECC29
prototype wrote: July 10th, 2023, 8:41 am
ECC29 wrote: July 10th, 2023, 6:13 am

OK - I'm a liar, but it's in my original post. I will post it here and then diagram it for you.

Original Statement -
He has no loyalty to building a program and when he decides to leave (which he will) that program will be in the bottom tier of women's basketball.

No Loyalty TO BUILDING A PROGRAM. Translation - He went away from trying to recruit High schoolers and has turned his attention to college transfers. Is this bad? No - it obviously works for him and he's very good at it.

But, WHEN HE DESIDES TO RETIRE OR LEAVE - there won't be a lot left as far as talent, unless someone comes behind him and can do the same thing, which is unlikely.

BIG DIFFERENCE BETWEEN ME CALLING HIM UNLOYAL...

You can say what you want - I do support our programs, but look back at my posts - I don't blindly support anyone just because they are a coach, but i do support good coaches that have brought us pretty good attention, while maintaining a great program. Just some numbers -
Coach Green started with Liberty in 1999.
Has a record of 547-216 (that’s a .717 winning percentage)
That's 24 years - Has only had a losing record 1 of those years. 19 of those - won over 20 games.
18 Post Season Appearances. (Would have been 19 if it wasn't for covid)
Took Liberty to the Sweet 16.
Dominated both Conferences we have been in - going 327-59

What is a coach supposed to do? I love that we have a good coach that represents the University well and keeps us relevant every year. Wish you the best ECC... Have a great rest of your summer. Hope you land that coaching job you seek. You seem like a very reasonable guy with the personality to attract talent from everywhere...
In the world of upper level sport’s competition, they want result. FGCU’s coach’s way has been working for him. Again, you give too much credit to his winning seasons of lower level conferences.
By ECC29
Bringing in transfer players is part of building a winning program. Once he raises his team to the next level, then he attracts upper level athletes coming out of high school.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
I can’t believe I’m doing this but…

KS turned down Pitt because Pitt is a bad job, and he’s got a really good gig where he is. Maybe his best trait is recognizing just how good he’s got it. He ain’t leaving for just any P5. He’s got his short list, and if they call he’ll listen.

KS has ALWAYS recruited with transfers and late HS signees. He sees no point in recruiting HS prospects before they are seniors. That’s not going to change.

MTSU is no easy out. CUSA is better.

“Athlete” is a subjective term. Wanting better athletes is fine. How one defines that is important. I’ve contended for years that LU WBB needed to get more athletic. And over the long term, they have. So they need to continue that trajectory. No reason to think they won’t.

We can’t be short-sighted on this. The program has been trending upward in terms of athleticism and skill. CG will always prioritize size. He’s a control coach, but he’s allowed certain players more freedom. I credit him for that.

FGCU was always better, but not still dominant at the end of LU’s ASUN run. I suspect the competitor in CG would’ve liked one more year to see if he could get them, but onto the CUSA goes LU. It’s a deeper league, and CG will adjust - like he always has.

@ECC29 your push for better is laudable. Your judgment of CG’s inability to recruit is not. Give him time to see if he can rise yet again to this new challenge. He’s earned that.
flamehunter liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: July 10th, 2023, 9:47 am I can’t believe I’m doing this but…

KS turned down Pitt because Pitt is a bad job, and he’s got a really good gig where he is. Maybe his best trait is recognizing just how good he’s got it. He ain’t leaving for just any P5. He’s got his short list, and if they call he’ll listen.

KS has ALWAYS recruited with transfers and late HS signees. He sees no point in recruiting HS prospects before they are seniors. That’s not going to change.

MTSU is no easy out. CUSA is better.

“Athlete” is a subjective term. Wanting better athletes is fine. How one defines that is important. I’ve contended for years that LU WBB needed to get more athletic. And over the long term, they have. So they need to continue that trajectory. No reason to think they won’t.

We can’t be short-sighted on this. The program has been trending upward in terms of athleticism and skill. CG will always prioritize size. He’s a control coach, but he’s allowed certain players more freedom. I credit him for that.

FGCU was always better, but not still dominant at the end of LU’s ASUN run. I suspect the competitor in CG would’ve liked one more year to see if he could get them, but onto the CUSA goes LU. It’s a deeper league, and CG will adjust - like he always has.

@ECC29 your push for better is laudable. Your judgment of CG’s inability to recruit is not. Give him time to see if he can rise yet again to this new challenge. He’s earned that.
Like you know anything. Did you even PLAY Women’s Basketball? Ha. Didn’t think so! :mrgreen:
flamehunter liked this
By ECC29
Almost any Coaches will take a job at a P5 school to help turn the program around. FGCU coach is loyal to the school.
I know basketball and I know enough to know what kind of players need to be on the floor to compete at a higher level.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Almost.

Pitt is a bad job. For many reasons. KS was smart. And I know for a fact he has a short list.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: July 11th, 2023, 12:14 am Go find a ceiling to stare at!
It’s truly amazing how much dust accumulates up there
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: July 11th, 2023, 6:38 am Almost.

Pitt is a bad job. For many reasons. KS was smart. And I know for a fact he has a short list.
Yeah. There are some bad P5 jobs out there. Pitt is one of them.
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
Shock, even at myself, for giving this guy this much attention. To sign up on the board and pretty much exclusively pound on Green makes me think he came on here with a purpose....

Are you Reeves? Alexis Sherard? OR... Is this Coach Spesko? That's got to be it... Hey Coach - if you want to work at Liberty - maybe you should consider joining the staff, instead of trying to stir up controversy about Green.

Should start a poll... What does ECC29 stand for?
1) East Community College for 29 Years
2) East Coast Choppers Route 29
3) Easy Coach Critiquing for 29 Years
4) Everyday Couch Coach IQ 29
By jimflamesfan
Registration Days Posts
prototype wrote: July 11th, 2023, 9:06 am Shock, even at myself, for giving this guy this much attention. To sign up on the board and pretty much exclusively pound on Green makes me think he came on here with a purpose....

Are you Reeves? Alexis Sherard? OR... Is this Coach Spesko? That's got to be it... Hey Coach - if you want to work at Liberty - maybe you should consider joining the staff, instead of trying to stir up controversy about Green.

Should start a poll... What does ECC29 stand for?
1) East Community College for 29 Years
2) East Coast Choppers Route 29
3) Easy Coach Critiquing for 29 Years
4) Everyday Couch Coach IQ 29
I think you forgot one. Haven't we seen this before? Is this Randy Dunton? :)
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
flamehunter wrote: July 11th, 2023, 12:19 pm Has the rule been revoked? PH? Just in case: Jeff Meyer.
:clapping :clapping Well played. Good FF deep dive for that one :clapping :clapping
By jimflamesfan
Registration Days Posts
flameshaw wrote: July 11th, 2023, 2:01 pm No chance it is JM, he has too much class and no reason to post like this.
He didn't mean it was Jeff Myer. Purple Haze just promised to always respond with Jeff Meyer if He who must not be named is
ever mentioned. :)
UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madrey[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double-hocke[…]

Danner Allen

Struck out 22 batters and Randolph-Henry def[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1783905706782[…]