The most successful program on Liberty Mountain deserves its own forum. We give Coach Green and the Lady Flames their props while breaking down their run to the Big Dance once again.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, thesportscritic

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
flamehunter wrote: July 8th, 2023, 8:06 am Be kind to the newbie, PH. He doesn't know. Anything.
You thought he was serious? I thought it was a joke Study
By ECC29
I did not ignore the recent showing. If you want to talk about recent showing. 2023 ASUN championship game, FGCU destroyed LU. How is that for recent? Here is FACT: FGCU 9 wins in the last 10 games against LU. It shows that FGCU coach recruits better athletes than LU coach. How am I a hypocrite? Nothing to do with hypocrisy. IT’s everything to do facts. Let me remind you 9 wins to 1 win. If you are a true athlete which I believe you are not. Wins are wins. 9 wins to 1 win. That is serious FACT. And most of those wins are double digits wins including the most recent win at the ASUN championship.
By ECC29
flamehunter wrote: July 8th, 2023, 9:23 am You ignored Liberty's more recent better showings against FGCU which is a better indicator of our program's direction. You selected to use all-time history with them to support your argument. You are hypocritical at best.
I did not ignore the recent showing. If you want to talk about recent showing. 2023 ASUN championship game, FGCU destroyed LU. How is that for recent? Here is FACT: FGCU 9 wins in the last 10 games against LU. It shows that FGCU coach recruits better athletes than LU coach. How am I a hypocrite? Nothing to do with hypocrisy. IT’s everything to do facts. Let me remind you 9 wins to 1 win. If you are a true athlete which I believe you are not. Wins are wins. 9 wins to 1 win. That is serious FACT. And most of those wins are double digits wins including the most recent win at the ASUN championship.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ECC29 wrote: July 7th, 2023, 7:18 pm
You are a spectator that knows very little about sports.
Purple, this quote has signature potential. :fineprint

ECC obviously doesn't know about your Upward Bound coaching potential. Play Basketball
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ECC29 wrote: July 8th, 2023, 4:32 pm If you are a true athlete which I believe you are not.
Wow, the hits keep coming! :boxing
By tyndal23
Cider Jim wrote: July 8th, 2023, 7:55 pm
ECC29 wrote: July 8th, 2023, 4:32 pm If you are a true athlete which I believe you are not.
Wow, the hits keep coming! :boxing
I smell an ASOR sponsored NIL / charity competition between board members. Training lasts until Homecoming. The definition of True Athlete finalized. Parameters set. Blend of NFL, NBA, MLB combine tests.

40 yard dash.
225 bench max number of reps in 2 minutes.
300 yard shuttle - 5 minutes exact rest then another 300 yard shuttle for combined time.
15 yard shuttle
Vertical jump
Standing Broad jump

3 point contest
Free throw contest
Fastest recorded pitch (strike )
Home Run Derby

Age not an excuse - set it up Manson
JK37 liked this
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
The Womens Forum has seen this much discussion since Carey's Sweet 16 run. And yes, this forum existed back in those days.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: July 8th, 2023, 7:51 pm
ECC29 wrote: July 7th, 2023, 7:18 pm
You are a spectator that knows very little about sports.
Purple, this quote has signature potential. :fineprint

ECC obviously doesn't know about your Upward Bound coaching potential. Play Basketball
Maybe one day someone will give me a shot at an Upward team! I’ll just keep watching 90’s NBA reruns Maybe I need to buy a SEGA and hone my skills on Double Dribble!
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
ECC29 wrote: July 8th, 2023, 4:32 pm
flamehunter wrote: July 8th, 2023, 9:23 am You ignored Liberty's more recent better showings against FGCU which is a better indicator of our program's direction. You selected to use all-time history with them to support your argument. You are hypocritical at best.
You figured me out. I am a false athlete. Haha - winning means nothing to me and I'm only here to pull for the Flames to wallow in mediocrity or worse for the rest of my life. My only question is, are you for real?
Oh, wait this is some AI Bot that Manson has unleashed on the board to spice up the summer! Well played Jon!
By ECC29
flamehunter wrote: July 8th, 2023, 10:59 pm
ECC29 wrote: July 8th, 2023, 4:32 pm
You figured me out. I am a false athlete. Haha - winning means nothing to me and I'm only here to pull for the Flames to wallow in mediocrity or worse for the rest of my life. My only question is, are you for real?
Oh, wait this is some AI Bot that Manson has unleashed on the board to spice up the summer! Well played Jon!
Here is your issue, you accused me of hypocrisy for whatever reason. I don’t know how I am a hypocrite. I stated FACTS about FGCU vs LU. You have no real response to the things I mentioned. Now, you are soaking in your own tears, trying to get the last word in. I understand that you are a fan but stop making comments about something you know nothing.
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
:lol: I have shed no tears, sorry to disappoint you. If you can't see your hypocrisy then I don't know what to tell you. And please stop taking yourself so seriously. You know far less than you think you do about a lot of things, especially the people on here, myself included. You have opinions, but opinion does not equal knowledge.
I'm praying you have a nice Sunday.
By ECC29
flamehunter wrote: July 9th, 2023, 8:03 am :lol: I have shed no tears, sorry to disappoint you. If you can't see your hypocrisy then I don't know what to tell you. And please stop taking yourself so seriously. You know far less than you think you do about a lot of things, especially the people on here, myself included. You have opinions, but opinion does not equal knowledge.
I'm praying you have a nice Sunday.
You have a good Sunday as well. But, pleaser stick to the subject at hand. Stop going on a tangent just to make yourself look good.
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
ecc - you are crazy and I feel you have about 6 months experience when it comes to Liberty athletics. To compare our women's program to FGCU shows your lack of knowledge when it comes to women's basketball. FGCU is a unicorn. They are in Florida, have a coach that lives and breaths off transfers from big schools - and is somehow really good at it. He has no loyalty to building a program and when he decides to leave (which he will) that program will be in the bottom tier of women's basketball. But, until that happens - they will be good and full of players that probably wouldn't have transferred to a Christian school or a top tier program for various reasons.

Coach Green is a great coach and an even better ambassador for our school. He puts out a competitive product every year and keep the turnover of players very low. Not sure what you want... You want a team that gets the top talent and competes for National championships every year - go support one of the 3 or 4 programs in the NCAA that can do that - UCONN, South Carolina, Tennessee and now maybe LSU.

Stop trashing Coach Green on this forum - he's earned a little respect and to dictate his own future plans, when it come to retirement.
flamehunter liked this
By swem
Registration Days
ECC29 wrote:But, pleaser stick to the subject at hand. Stop going on a tangent.
Incoming players this year are Claudia Acin (Spain), Asia Boone (PVI), Emma Hjordisardottir (Iceland), Elisabet Aegisdottir (ICleand) Brooke Moore (GA), and Ella Wigal (OH).

Next year we have Shunteria Anumele (Tx), and Avery Mills (NC) and Emmy Stout (CA). Both Stout and Mills are at LCA now (And were last year, and Mills the year before that as well). Unaware of any other offers with the exception of Alyssa Ervin from Carrol County. I know Stout had an offer from SDSU, Mills had a plethora of MM offers, both committed very early so who knows who else would have offered them. Mills is one of, and may be, the top shooter in VA.

2025 class I know Mylee Guinn of Texas has an offer. She has one P5 offer (Texas Tech).
flamehunter liked this
By ECC29
prototype wrote: July 9th, 2023, 10:02 am ecc - you are crazy and I feel you have about 6 months experience when it comes to Liberty athletics. To compare our women's program to FGCU shows your lack of knowledge when it comes to women's basketball. FGCU is a unicorn. They are in Florida, have a coach that lives and breaths off transfers from big schools - and is somehow really good at it. He has no loyalty to building a program and when he decides to leave (which he will) that program will be in the bottom tier of women's basketball. But, until that happens - they will be good and full of players that probably wouldn't have transferred to a Christian school or a top tier program for various reasons.

Coach Green is a great coach and an even better ambassador for our school. He puts out a competitive product every year and keep the turnover of players very low. Not sure what you want... You want a team that gets the top talent and competes for National championships every year - go support one of the 3 or 4 programs in the NCAA that can do that - UCONN, South Carolina, Tennessee and now maybe LSU.

Stop trashing Coach Green on this forum - he's earned a little respect and to dictate his own future plans, when it come to retirement.
I made a point before. There are Christian athletes that are not being reached for whatever reason. Apt of those Christian athletes are playing elsewhere. A great example are the testimony from Oklahoma softball players that won the NCAA championship. I know it’s a different sport but there are Christian athletes in all sports. Coach Green puts on a competitive team in the lower D1 competition. Coach Green has not able to reach out to too many very good Christian athletes to come to LU. I made a point before, I would like to see 3 to 5 good athletes on the floor at a time that can compete with bigger school. I never said win the national championship. The school decided to enter the G5 level. Which means LU is looking for national recognition and win championship. This is not Upward basketball or small Christian schools playing against each other. Everyone are happy just to play. LU wants national recognition and they want a winning program. So, they need to act and perform like one.
By ECC29
swem wrote: July 9th, 2023, 12:14 pm
ECC29 wrote:But, pleaser stick to the subject at hand. Stop going on a tangent.
Incoming players this year are Claudia Acin (Spain), Asia Boone (PVI), Emma Hjordisardottir (Iceland), Elisabet Aegisdottir (ICleand) Brooke Moore (GA), and Ella Wigal (OH).

Next year we have Shunteria Anumele (Tx), and Avery Mills (NC) and Emmy Stout (CA). Both Stout and Mills are at LCA now (And were last year, and Mills the year before that as well). Unaware of any other offers with the exception of Alyssa Ervin from Carrol County. I know Stout had an offer from SDSU, Mills had a plethora of MM offers, both committed very early so who knows who else would have offered them. Mills is one of, and may be, the top shooter in VA.

2025 class I know Mylee Guinn of Texas has an offer. She has one P5 offer (Texas Tech).
Thank you for the info. Do we have any details about each players? I know this maybe too much to ask. But, if you do not have, it’s okay.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ECC29 wrote: July 9th, 2023, 5:58 pm
prototype wrote: July 9th, 2023, 10:02 am ecc - you are crazy and I feel you have about 6 months experience when it comes to Liberty athletics. To compare our women's program to FGCU shows your lack of knowledge when it comes to women's basketball. FGCU is a unicorn. They are in Florida, have a coach that lives and breaths off transfers from big schools - and is somehow really good at it. He has no loyalty to building a program and when he decides to leave (which he will) that program will be in the bottom tier of women's basketball. But, until that happens - they will be good and full of players that probably wouldn't have transferred to a Christian school or a top tier program for various reasons.

I made a point before. There are Christian athletes that are not being reached for whatever reason. Apt of those Christian athletes are playing elsewhere. A great example are the testimony from Oklahoma softball players that won the NCAA championship. I know it’s a different sport but there are Christian athletes in all sports. Coach Green puts on a competitive team in the lower D1 competition. Coach Green has not able to reach out to too many very good Christian athletes to come to LU. I made a point before, I would like to see 3 to 5 good athletes on the floor at a time that can compete with bigger school. I never said win the national championship. The school decided to enter the G5 level. Which means LU is looking for national recognition and win championship. This is not Upward basketball or small Christian schools playing against each other. Everyone are happy just to play. LU wants national recognition and they want a winning program. So, they need to act and perform like one.
LU has a winning Women’s Basketball Program. They are as Nationally recognized as FGCU.
prototype, Baybird liked this
By ECC29
Purple Haize wrote: July 9th, 2023, 6:32 pm
ECC29 wrote: July 9th, 2023, 5:58 pm

LU has a winning Women’s Basketball Program. They are as Nationally recognized as FGCU.
Absolutely not. When the record between the two school is 9-1 in huge favor to FGCU, they are not the same. The only crazy person here is your “blind” self. Who is unable to see that LU entered a G5 conference and therefore, wants to win. they are a winning program against lower teams/conference but not against bigger school.
By ECC29

Let me point out your criticism towards the FGCU coach that he is not loyal and no commitment to their program. That coach has been with FGCU for 21 years since they were D2. U of Pitt just tried to hire him and he rejected a P5 school because of his LOYALTY to FGCU. You made an incorrect assumption of that coach. Again, too many people here making false statements to Make themselves look good but knows very little suck as you Prototype.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
The W-L record shows LU with a winning Program. You don’t seem to be able to make up your mind. You start by saying ‘Absolutely not’ only to say they HAVE a winning Program later in your post. :dontgetit
By ECC29
Purple Haize wrote: July 9th, 2023, 6:49 pm The W-L record shows LU with a winning Program. You don’t seem to be able to make up your mind. You start by saying ‘Absolutely not’ only to say they HAVE a winning Program later in your post. :dontgetit
I meant to say Absolutely not to LU being the same as FGCU. The record between them 9-1 shows they are not the same. LU has a winning record against lower oppositions. FGCU beats better schools a lot more than LU because their coach recruits better athletes.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ECC29 wrote: July 9th, 2023, 7:03 pm
Purple Haize wrote: July 9th, 2023, 6:49 pm The W-L record shows LU with a winning Program. You don’t seem to be able to make up your mind. You start by saying ‘Absolutely not’ only to say they HAVE a winning Program later in your post. :dontgetit
I meant to say Absolutely not to LU being the same as FGCU. The record between them 9-1 shows they are not the same. LU has a winning record against lower oppositions. FGCU beats better schools a lot more than LU because their coach recruits better athletes.
When it comes to National recognition, which is what I mentioned. Here is my quote ‘ They are as Nationally recognized as FGCU.’
You said LU wanted a Winning Program and one that is Nationally recognized. They already have a winning program. I compared their National recognition to FGCU because that’s the team you keep bringing up
By Ill flame
Why is this whole conversation about FGCU? We are no longer in the same conference as them and we aren't likely to play them again anytime soon. MTSU isnt normally as good as FGCU every year but they are the new top dog in the conference we need to worry about and I think we will matchup pretty well against them most years.
Last edited by Ill flame on July 9th, 2023, 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By ECC29
Purple Haize wrote: July 9th, 2023, 7:18 pm
ECC29 wrote: July 9th, 2023, 7:03 pm
When it comes to National recognition, which is what I mentioned. Here is my quote ‘ They are as Nationally recognized as FGCU.’
You said LU wanted a Winning Program and one that is Nationally recognized. They already have a winning program. I compared their National recognition to FGCU because that’s the team you keep bringing up
My point is LU needs better athletes to compete against bigger school. I don’t care what they’re record in the past. They boost their record against weaker opponents. FGCU beats P5 schools almost every year in the last few years. LU does not. Since LU enters G5, they need a better coach to recruit better athletes. If they stay the same level of athletes as they have been, they will not compete well in G5 schools.
Election 2022 and 2024

Then he went on to win 49 out of 50 states.

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]

UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madr[…]

Danner Allen

Randolph Henry and Rustburg play again Monday. I […]