The most successful program on Liberty Mountain deserves its own forum. We give Coach Green and the Lady Flames their props while breaking down their run to the Big Dance once again.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, thesportscritic

By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Most people, (if not all) are ignoring our women's team, but they have won 15 straight games. They are playing in semi finals at home tomorrow (Wednesday) against Lipscomb.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: March 7th, 2023, 6:17 pm Wake me up when they meet FGCU. They’re cruising now. Great job by Coach Green and the team!
That’s what this season shakes down to. Can they beat FGCU again
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
16 straight wins for Lady Flames. They play for championship Saturday at FGCU.

I realize everyone has been so involved with softball, they haven't had time to think about basketball. :D :D :D
flamehunter liked this
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Big battle early on between Morehouse and Williams. And I’m here for it. Key matchup of the game!
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
FGCU is doubling to post from the backside guard, because LU posts like to put their head down and dribble ## times when they catch. Have to adjust.

Second chance points hurting LU. FGCU too many off boards.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
LU is bigger. FGCU is quicker and wants the ball more (steals and rebounds). The pace is not to LU’s liking. LU really defending, but they’re not finishing defensive possessions well. That’s the difference.

Down 10 at half.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Down by 15 to begin the 4th quarter.
By Racenut
Registration Days Posts
With our height advantage inside to guard the drives, there should have been no way that we allowed so many open threes. Hopefully we get a chance to play some more basketball post season, these ladies deserve it.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Yeah, Racenut. Our length should’ve been an asset, but our longer-but-slower players were so scared of the drive they closed out short a lot and gave up the three’s.

The other issue was rebounding. Several of FGCU’s made 3 came off O-boards and kickouts to open shooters. Another thing the size should’ve solved, but FGCU was quicker and more aggressive to every rebound.

The one thing I didn’t understand was why Kennedi Williams wasn’t on the floor more, and more plays weren’t called for her. (LU is a quick-hit team.) Every time in the first half CG called a play for Kennedi in the middle 1/3, Kennedi drove to the bucket and finished. FGCU couldn’t guard her. #12 got to the bucket a few times and couldn’t finish, until late when the game was out of reach.

Most quick-hitters were designed for post touches. Which SHOULD have been an advantage. But FHCU was doubling from the backside guard, and out posts couldn’t adjust fast enough it seemed. I haven’t watched LU WBB a lot this year, admittedly. (When you’re so much better than every team but one in the league, it doesn’t matter as much.) But it seems every time an LU post caught the ball and couldn’t immediately pivot to finish, they drop-dribbled but more critically they dropped their eyes to do it. So they couldn’t see the doubles coming. And it stung us, because by the time they realized they were surrounded it was too late and they couldn’t get the ball out.

Everything about FGCU’s pace wore LU down. LU was right there at that pace early on, but it seemed FGCU stayed more comfortable at that pace for longer. And LU just couldn’t keep up.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Racenut wrote: March 11th, 2023, 11:52 pm With our height advantage inside to guard the drives, there should have been no way that we allowed so many open threes. Hopefully we get a chance to play some more basketball post season, these ladies deserve it.
To the WNIT we go
Uh… You guys like reading?

I like biographies, books about finance and human […]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

Were not done https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/s[…]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

I think we should do whatever Tech and UVA do as[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

That might be the dumbest thing I've ever seen per[…]