The most successful program on Liberty Mountain deserves its own forum. We give Coach Green and the Lady Flames their props while breaking down their run to the Big Dance once again.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, thesportscritic

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Has any LU team played the #1 team in the Country?
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
That's not going to be pretty:(

I can't recall Liberty every playing a #1 team outside of Field Hockey, or maybe softball?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote: December 5th, 2022, 12:55 pm Didn't the ladies do that against Pat Summit's Tennessee squad in the first game of the Dance the year we went undefeated in regular season?
I couldn’t remember if they were #1 then or not
By 47/5-2
Registration Days Posts
I was there. Tennessee was not only ranked #1 entering the tournament, but they also ran the table and were ranked #1 all season long. We had our big three... but their big three was named Holdsclaw, Catchings, and Jolly. Unfair to draw the lowest seed after an undefeated season but we really did have a poor schedule that year.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
The selection committee that season may have been the worst in history. With only 2 undefeated teams, you don"t match them up in first round, regardless of strength of schedules. They should not have been placed in same region.
By LU 57
stokesjokes wrote: December 5th, 2022, 1:00 pm NCAA basketball tourney. Looks like UNC was #1 in 94.

For women, Tennessee was #1 in 98.

Edit, sources:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1993%E2%8 ... l_rankings
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1997%E2%8 ... l_rankings
I went to the 94 game against UNC in the tourney. Nwosu and Aluma held up well against Wallace and Stackhouse for most of the game. And Hildebrand went off. In fact we were still winning with 8 minutes left as I recall. We kind of ran out of gas down the stretch and they picked up a lot points at the free throw lane. Lost by 20 unfortunately.
JK37 liked this
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: December 5th, 2022, 1:19 pm The selection committee that season may have been the worst in history. With only 2 undefeated teams, you don"t match them up in first round, regardless of strength of schedules. They should not have been placed in same region.
Actually, you do to get more interest in the 1/16 matchup. And it worked well for ratings at the time.
By jack_sparrow81
Registration Days Posts
St Jospeh's I believe was ranked #1 when we played them in 2004. Technically, Coastal was ranked #1 in FCS when we beat them in 2014. We played Duke one year in the great Alaska shootout around that time. They were either 1 or 2.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
So far not too bad. South Carolina playing a pretty basic D. Not a lot of enthusiasm. Let’s see how the second units do
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]