The most successful program on Liberty Mountain deserves its own forum. We give Coach Green and the Lady Flames their props while breaking down their run to the Big Dance once again.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, thesportscritic

By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
CONGRATULATIONS!
:pbjtime :woohoo :clapping
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
It would give the program a lot of credibility if they can make a run here
Baybird, stokesjokes, ATrain liked this
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: March 14th, 2022, 9:14 am It would give the program a lot of credibility if they can make a run here
True.
I think it is also true that getting our very first NIT at large bid (men or women) shows the Liberty brand has already made progress in that area.
stokesjokes, prototype liked this
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
LU got shafted by NCAA selection committee. We won enough games for at large bid. With a 27-4 record, only 7 teams had a better W-L% than us.
Last edited by ballcoach15 on March 14th, 2022, 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: March 14th, 2022, 9:14 am It would give the program a lot of credibility if they can make a run here
I thought the same after they went to the Sweet 16 in '05
ballcoach15 liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ATrain wrote: March 14th, 2022, 2:47 pm
We just didn’t build on it.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: March 14th, 2022, 1:41 pm LU got shafted by NCAA selection committee. We won enough games for at large bid.
Here we go again :roll:
thesportscritic liked this
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote: March 14th, 2022, 9:42 am
True.
I think it is also true that getting our very first NIT at large bid (men or women) shows the Liberty brand has already made progress in that area.
That and only 4 losses all year with 2 of them vs a ranked FGCU helps.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
It will be great when LU teams can consistently point to quality teams they beat instead of quality teams they lost to. (In all sports)
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: March 14th, 2022, 4:54 pm It will be great when LU teams can consistently point to quality teams they beat instead of quality teams they lost to. (In all sports)
VT??
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
prototype wrote: March 14th, 2022, 5:04 pm
Purple Haize wrote: March 14th, 2022, 4:54 pm It will be great when LU teams can consistently point to quality teams they beat instead of quality teams they lost to. (In all sports)
VT??
The fact you have to actually question that while in a conversation about loosing twice to FGCU is telling.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: March 14th, 2022, 2:55 pm
Kinda hard to when the selection committee gives you a first round game against a team thats out for vengeance the very next year.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ATrain wrote: March 14th, 2022, 6:31 pm

Kinda hard to when the selection committee gives you a first round game against a team thats out for vengeance the very next year.
Goes back to my other post. When LU can talk about the quality wins instead of quality Losses perceptions will change
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: March 14th, 2022, 6:38 pm
ATrain wrote: March 14th, 2022, 6:31 pm

Goes back to my other post. When LU can talk about the quality wins instead of quality Losses perceptions will change
We had quality wins in '06. The committee setting us up to meet Depaul in the first round practically ensured we would be one and done. Not sure why things went off the rails in '07, but we continued to have decent wins but crappy seeding in '08 and '09.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
LU will be playing at HOME on Wednesday night at 7:00 against Campbell while the students are gone on Spring Break, so plenty of good seats available.
By thesportscritic
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: March 14th, 2022, 1:41 pm LU got shafted by NCAA selection committee. We won enough games for at large bid. With a 27-4 record, only 7 teams had a better W-L% than us.
No they did not get shafted. Sorry but this team has plateaued. They haven't done anything in 17 years. More quality losses and then some lopsided losses and very few quality wins in that time period.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
If my memory is correct, only 4 teams who made tournament, won more games than Liberty.
By thesportscritic
Registration Days Posts
Quality wins not quality losses. It doesn't matter what their record is. If you don't have the quality wins you can go 28-0 and have not beaten any one such was the case in 1998.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: March 17th, 2022, 5:36 pm Who, where, when we play next🏀
I don’t have time to do your research. Ask your boy Cider. He’s your enabler
ballcoach15 liked this
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
We will face the winner of tonight's game between Murray State and Vanderbilt. Place and time yet to be decided.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
It'll be nice to get a win over the SEC
ballcoach15 liked this
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]