The most successful program on Liberty Mountain deserves its own forum. We give Coach Green and the Lady Flames their props while breaking down their run to the Big Dance once again.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, thesportscritic

By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: February 20th, 2022, 9:33 am
prototype wrote: February 20th, 2022, 9:22 am
rogers3 wrote: February 18th, 2022, 12:52 pm That's too bad for them. It would be nice to beat them when they're at full strength because that win will likely have an asterisk in many people's mind.
agreed. I was so bummed to read that she was hurt, because I really think we were going to beat them by 20 on Thursday.

What I don't get.... Why is their NET ranking still so much higher then ours?? Even after Stetson lose and losing Bell we are 30 spots behind them. And listed on NO brackets. we are 25-2... No respect. And don't say we don't deserve it - we have a name in Women's basketball. We have been a very consistent team over the last decade.
What signature wins do each team have this season?
Virginia Tech for us.
LSU and Michigan State for them.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
LU had a name. Then plateaued.

FGCU is a name, and keeps improving.

LU wasn’t going to beat FGCU at full health by 20. No. Way. But they might’ve finally gotten over that hump! I’m just as disappointed that a win now comes with a mental asterisk. And a loss……
Smesko is sneaky. Don’t count them out.
(I know he hated losing to Stetson. Those two do NOT get along.)
thesportscritic liked this
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Just did a deep dive on both non-con schedules.

FGCU’s wins and lone loss ooc is waaaay better. LU’s looked bettered, but doesn’t anymore. VT has done their part. Others haven’t. LU’s loss to Memphis looks awful now.

What will be really interesting is how the committee seeds FGCU if they still make it, knowing Bell is gone. That said, I think AND hope that doesn’t come up. Go Lady Flames!
thepostman liked this
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: February 20th, 2022, 12:43 pm Just did a deep dive on both non-con schedules.

FGCU’s wins and lone loss ooc is waaaay better. LU’s looked bettered, but doesn’t anymore. VT has done their part. Others haven’t. LU’s loss to Memphis looks awful now.

What will be really interesting is how the committee seeds FGCU if they still make it, knowing Bell is gone. That said, I think AND hope that doesn’t come up. Go Lady Flames!
There is a chance Bell will be back, but not for our game. Then again, she has declared for the WNBA draft, so she may not want to risk further injury.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Didn’t know that. If I were her handler, I’d tell her jot to touch a live floor again. Pre-draft workouts will be fine. But the WNBA draft comes in April. Short turnaround.
Purple Haize liked this
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
prototype wrote: February 20th, 2022, 9:22 am
rogers3 wrote: February 18th, 2022, 12:52 pm That's too bad for them. It would be nice to beat them when they're at full strength because that win will likely have an asterisk in many people's mind.
agreed. I was so bummed to read that she was hurt, because I really think we were going to beat them by 20 on Thursday.

What I don't get.... Why is their NET ranking still so much higher then ours?? Even after Stetson lose and losing Bell we are 30 spots behind them. And listed on NO brackets. we are 25-2... No respect. And don't say we don't deserve it - we have a name in Women's basketball. We have been a very consistent team over the last decade.
Unfortunately, we've never really gotten any respect by the powers that be. Even when we dominated the Big South, the highest seed we ever got was a 12, and then had to go to play an under-seeded ODU in Norfolk.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Will Bell's loss really put an asterisk on our win?

Do we put an asterisk on the win at Kansas State because Kendra Wecker was out???
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
A Sea of Red wrote: February 23rd, 2022, 11:38 am Bell could play tomorrow night.
Meniscus surgery is usually a 4-6 week rehab, and it's been about 4 weeks, so.............. Could be.
Can't imagine she will be at full strength though.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Gotta admire it. Most would wait for draft.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Q1: VERY entertaining. FGCU controlling tempo at both ends. More house is a problem, LU transition D just abysmal. That said, just as FGCU looked like they might blow it open early, a couple HUGE 3’s and a Smuda postup keep it close.

LU turnovers are killer now.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Q2: what a great start for Liberty! Continued establishing post, and stepped up the D. FGCU went cold. Built an 8-point lead. But then LU went cold. Morehouse is a PROBLEM! FGCU’s pace on both ends seems to be bothering LU. Demoralizing finish to lose lead at very end of quarter.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Adjustment: spy morehouse. Faceguard Bell. More QH’s for post touches. Slips and flares vs. FGCU denial.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Q3: grinding it out. LU has no answer for Morehouse’s speed. Kennedi might be most capable, but she can’t defend her without fouling. Rettstatt needs to establish herself. Her length and versatility could put her on Bell’s level if wanted it bad enough. What’s keeping LU in it is FGCU isn’t making open 3’s. Lookout if they do.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Refs are overwhelmed. Finally Rettstatt shows up!! Morehouse goes right!!!! Last four minutes going to be funn
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
FINAL: 69-61, FGCU. Better team won. Bell is of course supremely talented, but Morehouse was the catalyst for everything tonight. She sets them up so well. If Rettstatt could’ve put together a complete game, maybe different outcome. Still a great game. Record crowd, too, I think I heard.
By thesportscritic
Registration Days Posts
They will never beat FGCU. Defense is atrocious, don't move their feet well, to's and hesitation.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
Their speed game exposes our lack of. They won the ASUN 10 out of 11 years, I think. Smesko has a great formula for getting to 30 wins year after year. Transfers, speed, and 3 point shooting.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Chippy wrote: February 24th, 2022, 11:04 pm Their speed game exposes our lack of. They won the ASUN 10 out of 11 years, I think. Smesko has a great formula for getting to 30 wins year after year. Transfers, speed, and 3 point shooting.
But that one year… 8)
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]