The most successful program on Liberty Mountain deserves its own forum. We give Coach Green and the Lady Flames their props while breaking down their run to the Big Dance once again.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, thesportscritic

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: December 18th, 2021, 10:29 am I have been extremely critical of Coach Green in recent years but they have really surprised me this year. He has been doing a good job and clearly has a good staff.

Turning the ball over a little less too!
This seems to be Classic Green. All the pieces he likes are in place and healthy. The big test will come against FGCU. However if those are the only remaining losses on the schedule (hopefully they can ring a win up) an At Large could be in the cards.
thesportscritic liked this
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: December 18th, 2021, 12:52 pm
thepostman wrote: December 18th, 2021, 10:29 am I have been extremely critical of Coach Green in recent years but they have really surprised me this year. He has been doing a good job and clearly has a good staff.

Turning the ball over a little less too!
This seems to be Classic Green. All the pieces he likes are in place and healthy. The big test will come against FGCU. However if those are the only remaining losses on the schedule (hopefully they can ring a win up) an At Large could be in the cards.
Not sure I see an at-large of LU is swept by FGCU. Especially if none of them are even close.

A long WNIT run would be fun.
By DanvilleDrew
What happened with Makaela Kestner? I noticed she isn't playing this season but don't see where she transferred out?
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Liberty women improve to 12-1 in non conference play by beating the Lee Flames 75-39 this afternoon.
LU's best start in 24 years.
Last edited by ballcoach15 on December 31st, 2021, 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: December 30th, 2021, 4:48 pm Liberty women improve to 12-1 in non conference play by beating the Lee Flames 75-39 this afternoon.
Four members of the Old Men's Club were in attendance at the Club section, but no sign of Ballcoach there.
ballcoach15 liked this
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Liberty beats Stetson to open ASUN play. I forget score. Heard we had several players out due to protocol stuff.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
ASUN looks like a two horse race. Stetson not close to what they used to be.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: January 6th, 2022, 11:28 am ASUN looks like a two horse race. Stetson not close to what they used to be.
For those of us who don't follow WBB closely, who is the other horse? :dontgetit
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: January 6th, 2022, 1:08 pm FGCU, you have now been "coached up" on WBB.
Thanks, Ballcoach! :clapping Play Basketball
ballcoach15 liked this
By Baybird
Cider Jim wrote: January 6th, 2022, 12:16 pm
JK37 wrote: January 6th, 2022, 11:28 am ASUN looks like a two horse race. Stetson not close to what they used to be.
For those of us who don't follow WBB closely, who is the other horse? :dontgetit
I think North Florida will give us a tough game as well.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
Baybird wrote: January 6th, 2022, 4:05 pm
NF was preseason picked 2nd and LU 3rd. FGCU beat NF by 30+ points yesterday!
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Chippy wrote: January 6th, 2022, 4:45 pm
Baybird wrote: January 6th, 2022, 4:05 pm
NF was preseason picked 2nd and LU 3rd. FGCU beat NF by 30+ points yesterday!
One horse. Two horse. UNF ain’t doing it this year. I’m being generous to LU, but they are outperforming expectations. Kudos!
By Racenut
Registration Days Posts
So, I'm coming up from Raleigh for the Men's game Saturday and saw the Women are playing at 2:00. Is the turnout such that I need to get tix ahead of time since the students are back in town or am I safe to wait until I get there?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Plenty of good seats will still be available
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: January 6th, 2022, 11:39 pm Plenty of good seats will still be available
Which means shorter lines for concessions, if Purple wants popcorn or wants to take a chance on their nachos.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
There is no such thing as shorter lines at concessions at LU basketball. If i come Saturday, I'll bring snack in pockets.
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
Ladies need to watch the FGCU game against Princeton. Looks like they gave them the three and clogged up the middle. We have a LOT more height then they do. They seem to get a lot of rebounds, but from their guards. We need to box out and hope they shoot their normal 30% or below from behind the arc...
ballcoach15 liked this
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: January 7th, 2022, 8:10 am There is no such thing as shorter lines at concessions at LU basketball. If i come Saturday, I'll bring snack in pockets.
Hoping LUPD arrests Ballcoach for smuggling in FOOD. :popcorn :oldhag :popcorn
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]