The most successful program on Liberty Mountain deserves its own forum. We give Coach Green and the Lady Flames their props while breaking down their run to the Big Dance once again.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, thesportscritic

By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
This is the team that injured Megan...granted, I don't think that they wanted to side-line her for the season, but they kept it close against us and did win at Winthrop, but now our team is beginning to jell quite well without Megan...my prediction:

LU: 67
CCU: 55
By thesportscritic
Registration Days Posts
The Girl jumped on Megan's Back while Megan was in the air. Thank Coastal Carolina for hurting Megan. They probably did it on purpose. Atrain if I am wrong Correct me.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Well. I'm pretty sure they did want her outta the game...but I don't think they intended to take her out completely...but I do know one of the sisters sent that Coastal girl's glutteus maximus to the floor after that...it'll be interesting to see what happens to that girl in this game now that Megan's season is over.
By thesportscritic
Registration Days Posts
Which Sister Moriah or Molly?
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Don't quite remember which one...I just remember it being one of them.
By thesportscritic
Registration Days Posts
ATrain wrote:Don't quite remember which one...I just remember it being one of them.
I would have to go back and watch that game but my guess was Moriah.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Liberty wins 58-51

Everybody root for UNC Asheville!
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
An ugly win, to say the least, but a W is still a W...and yes, GO UNCA!!!!!
By Chris Lang
Registration Days Posts
Asheville's Ana Baker hits a 3 at the buzzer. UNCA 51, High Point 50.

LU back in the driver's seat.
By thesportscritic
Registration Days Posts
It is time to take back whats ours. But First we have to take care of CSU on Monday and I am not sure when we play Winthrop before Saturday's showdown b/t LU and HPU.
By fsn32
Registration Days Posts
Baker hit a running 3-pointer off the backboard at the buzzer to beat High Point. Asheville came back from 12 down in the second half. There is now a tie for first.... next Saturday is now huge. Doesn't look like a coin toss will come into play anymore.
By fsn32
Registration Days Posts
I gotta learn to type quicker.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
We need to get together and send a real nice gift to the folks at UNCA for that one.

THREE CHEERS FOR ANA BAKER!
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
Defense Keys Lady Flames Victory Over Chanticleers

February 11, 2006 · Conway, S.C.

The Liberty Lady Flames held Coastal Carolina without a field goal over 5:58 in the middle of second half as they rallied from behind to down the Lady Chanticleers, 58-51, in Big South action, Saturday afternoon, at Kimbel Arena.

With the win, the Liberty moves to 7-1 in the Big South and 16-5 overall, while Coastal Carolina drops to 3-5 in conference and 13-7 overall.

The Lady Chanticleers jumped out to a 4-1 lead and led 6-5 with 16:01 left on a jumper from Kim Turner. The Flames countered by scoring the next four points and led by as many as five points on two separate occasions. With 5:14 left in the half, Liberty held the second of its five point leads at 22-17, as Allyson Fasnacht (So., G, Salem, Virginia) drilled a jumper.

Coastal Carolina, however, kept the Lady Flames in striking distance and when Amber Rose hit on a four-point play at 4:11, the Lady Chanticleers were within one, 24-23. After a jumper by Liberty’s Jamie Feagin (Jr., F, Lockport, N.Y.) put Liberty up by three, Alisha Dill hit a three, knotting the game at 26. Karolina Piotrkiewicz (Jr., C, Calais, France) followed with lay-up at 2:19 to give the Lady Flames a 28-26 lead, but Coastal Carolina scored the last four points of half. Joanna Pekonen hit a jumper with five seconds left, giving the Lady Chanticleers a 30-28 halftime lead.

After intermission, Coastal Carolina took a 36-32 lead at the 15:50 mark on a Dill lay-up. Liberty then went on a 9-0 run over the next 3:10 to take the lead, capped by a three from Fasnacht. The lead then reached 10, 50-40 on a Molly Frazee (Fr., F, Xenia, OH) jumper at 7:36. In addition, the Lady Flames held the Chanticleers without a field goal for almost six minutes in the middle of the period to take command.

However, Coastal Carolina battled back into the game by scoring the next nine points and when Vanessa Laug hit two free throws with 4:25 left, Liberty’s lead had been cut to one at 50-49.

Piotrkiewicz made it 52-49 at 2:36 with a lay-up and Fasnacht scored the next four points, including two free throws with 35 seconds left. Dill hit a layup to cut the lead to five, but the Lady Flames grabbed the offensive rebound on two straight misses on the front end of one-and-one’s to give the Lady Flames their seventh Big South victory of the year.

Dill led all scorers with 16 points, while Turner added 12 for Coastal Carolina. Turner also had six rebounds and three blocked shots. Liberty was led by Fasnacht’s 12 points, while Piotrkiewicz had a double-double with 10 points and a game-high 10 rebounds. Courtney Watkins also netted ten points for Liberty with eight coming in the second half.

Liberty shot 47.2 percent and had 44 points in the paint. They also out-rebounded the Lady Chantcleers, 48-26. Coastal Carolina shot 34.5 percent from the field and was 4-of-10 from three-point range. The Lady Flames did struggle at the free throw line on the afternoon, making 7-of-20 (35%), while the Lady Chanticleers made 9-of-13 (66.7%).

Liberty continues their beach road swing as they travel to Charleston Southern for a Big South match-up, Monday night. Tip-off is set for 7 p.m.
By thesportscritic
Registration Days Posts
Well after Monday's game, the next game will be the big showdown on Saturday. It is CFAW this week coming up. It would be nice to have a decent crowd at the game on Saturday with the CFAW kids coming. But then again.................
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
note: Karolina Piotrkiewicz playing well again; recorded a double-double.

good to see others really stepping it up as the season winds down- Coach has the girls hitting their stride(s) at the right time!
By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
i did not get a chance to listen to the game, but it looks like a good win. we certainly now have the inside track on winning the tournament with HPU's loss, providing we take care of business. congrats to our ladies on the win.
2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Election 2022 and 2024

If there is a debate, it probably should be be[…]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]