The most successful program on Liberty Mountain deserves its own forum. We give Coach Green and the Lady Flames their props while breaking down their run to the Big Dance once again.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, thesportscritic

By thesportscritic
Registration Days Posts
jon i am just stating the facts no excuses end of story and blaming exams on this performance is pathetic :evil: :roll: :evil: :x
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
It's called a let down game. It's insanely hard to show up with that same intensity every game throughout the year. That's why no one goes undefeated. VT had WAY more to lose than Liberty did. Anyone who denies that is flat out ignorant. VT needed this win more than Liberty needed it. We lost by three points to an ACC school. I don't care if it's a lower-tiered ACC school, it's still an ACC school. Name one conference in the country that is better than the ACC in women's basketball. It's one loss. It won't make or break the season.
By thesportscritic
Registration Days Posts
i said nothing about an undefeated season. the SEC by the way.
By thesportscritic
Registration Days Posts
and i haven't seen you at one game yet SJ. and i have followed this team much closely than you have. like i said earlier we turned the ball over 20 times and it has cost us 2 games.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
How do you know if I was there or not? The place was freaking packed.

If you followed the team more closely than I have is completely irrelevant. We had a bad game. That's not to say we won't be competitive in our other games this season. Bad games happen to good teams (Florida vs FSU the other night in men's).
By thesportscritic
Registration Days Posts
well you either were or not.
By Stevev
Registration Days Posts
I am disappointed figuring that we were long overdue to beat VT. We loose to them every freakin year and I was counting on that streak to end tonight at home. Besides they lost to Radford and got killed by W & M. The finals have nothing to do with what happened. I am sure VT is in the same situation as LU was.
Last edited by Stevev on December 5th, 2006, 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
this is a game we should have won, we have the better team that is for sure...we all will agree on that...but this is not the end of the world, if this becomes the norm, then you can start to worry....and SJ is right the ACC is BY FAR the best women's basketball conference in the country...I can't believe that would even be a debate.....

I wouldn't worry too much about this loss....it may drop our rpi, but to be honest with you this game would of had any effect on seeding one way or another...because we are from the big south and i don't believe we will ever be higher then a 12 seed....and even that is pushing it....
By thesportscritic
Registration Days Posts
Stevev wrote:I am disappointed figuring that we were long overdue to beat VT. We loose to them every freakin year and I was counting on that streak to end tonight at home. Besides they lost to Radford and got killed by W & M. The finals have nothing to do with what happened. I am sure VT is in the same situation was LU was.

thank you stevev
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
If I've said it once, I've said it 100 time, THE TRANSITIVE PROPERTY DOES NOT WORK IN SPORTS. Using the transitive property I could prove that South Florida is a better team the Louisville in football. Using the transitive property, I could say that since we beat Southern Virginia by 42, and Coastal beat them by 41, then we should beat Coastal this year by one point. (I'm talking men's, and the margins aren't exactly right but they're close). The transitive property in sports does not exist.
By LU'sbestmanager
Registration Days Posts
sooooo... wut did the ad say at half?
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
SJ,

I agree with you. Everyone was pointing to this game as a milestone event earlier and I said it would be nice to win this game but it was not a big deal if we lost it. I stand by that. As far as turnovers go, this team averaged close to 25 turnovers most of last season and it has continued into this season. Something they will need to continue to try to eliminate. Also I don't think RPI will take that big of a hit plus we have so many more big RPI games to play that it won't matter that much. Good effort ladies, we will try to do better next time. And SJ is also right about pressures outside of hoops. Sometimes you do bring those things to the court. Not making an excuse but it is impossible (like SJ said again) to maintain intensity for an entire season. I am not that disappointed. Great crowd too. That was encouraging even though everyone came for the VT name. Manger, JB just basically said the usual stufff about the growth of the school and attendance and the buzz around Liberty athletics in general thanks to the football season.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
People also came because of the hype of CBS/ESPN or whoever it was being there.

I say something and get backed up by the bald one, apparently I do actually know something.
By thesportscritic
Registration Days Posts
again no excuses. the stat sheet tells you why we lost the game. exams or not we broke down in the second half.
Last edited by thesportscritic on December 5th, 2006, 11:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
You know a lot for a fat guy :wink:
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
That's what 3 years of coaching internships and 2 more years of being a manager for a team and sitting next to coaches will do for ya.
By thesportscritic
Registration Days Posts
for once quit being apologists. look at the stat sheet and see why we lost tonight
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
We had a let down game. That's not an excuse, it's a reason to explain why what happened actually happened.
By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
Say its an excuse or whatever you want, but theres a reason why you'll never see that lady official back in the Vines...call it what you may
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Wow, I must say this is a SHOCKER. VT is absolutely AWFUL!!! I have seen BOTH teams up close and personal. I didn't see this game. My one question is:Did VT press us? That appeared the only kink in our armor. We do not handle very athletic teams well. A team that presses us WILL force us into a lot of turnovers. IF the did NOT press us, again WOW. It is a total mental thing. We already have the UVA monkey off our back so beating them AGAIN :D was not that shocking. Losing to this VT team is horrible. Too look long term, this game is gonna cost us seeding in the tournament (YES I am already penciling us in as BSC champs AGAIN). We HAVE to win these games.
Not having seen the game I am not sure what else I can add, other than what a disappointment (for them more than me)
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Hold My Own wrote:Say its an excuse or whatever you want, but theres a reason why you'll never see that lady official back in the Vines...call it what you may
SOAP BOX: Did the Pony tailed official turn the ball over 20 times? Did she miss FT's for us? Did she score points for VT? Was she in a VT uniform? Didn't think so. The bottom line is that officials DO NOT COST TEAMS AT THIS LEVEL GAMES. If I knew who she was than I could give you some background on her. To get to this level, you are good. Period. I do know that LU is foul prone, and can afford to be with that depth. When I see an official in the game jersey of the winning team, then I will say that they cost the game.
In all the years I have been involved in basketball and all the games from all the countries, I can say objectively exactly 2 games could be blamed on the officials. One was in HS the other overseas. So yes it can happen, but you have a better chance at winning the lottery or seeing the chancellor at Jenny Craig!(Did I type that out loud?)
By thesportscritic
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:Wow, I must say this is a SHOCKER. VT is absolutely AWFUL!!! I have seen BOTH teams up close and personal. I didn't see this game. My one question is:Did VT press us? That appeared the only kink in our armor. We do not handle very athletic teams well. A team that presses us WILL force us into a lot of turnovers. IF the did NOT press us, again WOW. It is a total mental thing. We already have the UVA monkey off our back so beating them AGAIN :D was not that shocking. Losing to this VT team is horrible. Too look long term, this game is gonna cost us seeding in the tournament (YES I am already penciling us in as BSC champs AGAIN). We HAVE to win these games.
Not having seen the game I am not sure what else I can add, other than what a disappointment (for them more than me)
Played well in the first half. We had a 10 point lead and played decent defense. Towards the end of the first half we start turning the ball over and let them get back in the game. LU was up by 6. We start standing around on offense and we start throwing the ball away more frequently. They hardly pressed us at all and our defense broke down on several occasions in the second half. I agree with you haize losing to this team is inexcusable in my opinion.
By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
Hold My Own wrote:Say its an excuse or whatever you want, but theres a reason why you'll never see that lady official back in the Vines...call it what you may
SOAP BOX: Did the Pony tailed official turn the ball over 20 times? Did she miss FT's for us? Did she score points for VT? Was she in a VT uniform? Didn't think so. The bottom line is that officials DO NOT COST TEAMS AT THIS LEVEL GAMES. If I knew who she was than I could give you some background on her. To get to this level, you are good. Period. I do know that LU is foul prone, and can afford to be with that depth. When I see an official in the game jersey of the winning team, then I will say that they cost the game.
In all the years I have been involved in basketball and all the games from all the countries, I can say objectively exactly 2 games could be blamed on the officials. One was in HS the other overseas. So yes it can happen, but you have a better chance at winning the lottery or seeing the chancellor at Jenny Craig!(Did I type that out loud?)
Yeah...I'm going to argue with you about officials...I'd have better luck getting you to say something positive about the MBB program, or a few others
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
A) I have had positive things to say about MBB
B) I am correct about the officials.
C) The lose was inexcusable or inexcusible or ........ a bummer
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
I agree man...I will admit i get upset at refs all the time...but when i sit back and really think about it it never is their fault...in games decided by a bad call you can look back as the losing team and proably have a handful of plays that weren't exectuted properly, or had some stupid turnover or whatever....if those small mistakes don't happen you don't need to worry about the refs.....
Election 2022 and 2024

Then he went on to win 49 out of 50 states.

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]

UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madr[…]

Danner Allen

Randolph Henry and Rustburg play again Monday. I […]