The most successful program on Liberty Mountain deserves its own forum. We give Coach Green and the Lady Flames their props while breaking down their run to the Big Dance once again.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, thesportscritic

By Stevev
Registration Days Posts
Bella Smuda has really come on as of late. What is up with Dee Brown not playing. COVID?
By Stevev
Registration Days Posts
The team swept Bellarmine this weekend but it wasn't that easy and struggled at times. Nice to see that today we didn't fold down the stretch in close games. We seem to struggle on road even against sub-par competition as was the case today. I would have to say I do not like our chances against FGCU if we met them in the conference final.
thesportscritic liked this
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
Stevev wrote: February 14th, 2021, 8:21 pm The team swept Bellarmine this weekend but it wasn't that easy and struggled at times. Nice to see that today we didn't fold down the stretch in close games. We seem to struggle on road even against sub-par competition as was the case today. I would have to say I do not like our chances against FGCU if we met them in the conference final.
FGCU beat Bellarmine by 30+ points each game. They have lost only 2 games (both ranked teams) all year both w/o Ohio State transfer Kiersten Bell (25 and 12/game). Beat KSU by 50 today and avg ASUN win is 30+. This after losing all 5 starters from last year's team that was ranked in top 25!!!!
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Chippy wrote: February 14th, 2021, 9:02 pm
Stevev wrote: February 14th, 2021, 8:21 pm The team swept Bellarmine this weekend but it wasn't that easy and struggled at times. Nice to see that today we didn't fold down the stretch in close games. We seem to struggle on road even against sub-par competition as was the case today. I would have to say I do not like our chances against FGCU if we met them in the conference final.
FGCU beat Bellarmine by 30+ points each game. They have lost only 2 games (both ranked teams) all year both w/o Ohio State transfer Kiersten Bell (25 and 12/game). Beat KSU by 50 today and avg ASUN win is 30+. This after losing all 5 starters from last year's team that was ranked in top 25!!!!
I was actually thinking this might be the year that FGCU came back to the rest of the conference and was beatable. Wrong. Smesko is the Michelangelo of the transfer portal.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
He doesn’t recruit. He signs kids late nobody wants and then crushes it on the transfer market. Been working it that way for over a decade.
By Stevev
Registration Days Posts
It seemed to me like Bella Smuda and Asia Todd were our best recruits for the last 2 years but Asia bolted. The other recruits we signed have unimpressive backgrounds. Getting some transfers which could kill us down the road. Maybe Coach Green is looking to retire. He had some great teams back in the day.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Stevev wrote: February 15th, 2021, 12:23 pm It seemed to me like Bella Smuda and Asia Todd were our best recruits for the last 2 years but Asia bolted. The other recruits we signed have unimpressive backgrounds. Getting some transfers which could kill us down the road. Maybe Coach Green is looking to retire. He had some great teams back in the day.
With the exception of 2005 and possibly one or 2 of the years we had the Frazees, I suspect this team is about as good as any we have had. The BSC back in those days was a ridiculously easy path to the dance.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Speaking of Asia having "bolted", it looks like she is 10th in the rotation at UCF and is averaging about 2ppg. Keyon Green started 4 games for UT and then suffered a season ending knee injury.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote: February 15th, 2021, 1:21 pm
Stevev wrote: February 15th, 2021, 12:23 pm It seemed to me like Bella Smuda and Asia Todd were our best recruits for the last 2 years but Asia bolted. The other recruits we signed have unimpressive backgrounds. Getting some transfers which could kill us down the road. Maybe Coach Green is looking to retire. He had some great teams back in the day.
With the exception of 2005 and possibly one or 2 of the years we had the Frazees, I suspect this team is about as good as any we have had. The BSC back in those days was a ridiculously easy path to the dance.
For years the Big South was a pretty good HS conference
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
I think the 2014 team was one of the best . It's a shame he couldn't utilize the talent he had but thats the story with Green.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]