The most successful program on Liberty Mountain deserves its own forum. We give Coach Green and the Lady Flames their props while breaking down their run to the Big Dance once again.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, thesportscritic

By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Tomorrow night (Tuesday). Most of the Ole Men's Club will be in attendance. Play Basketball
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
I don't know about "most", but 6 of us will be there with a combined age of about 384 years. :oldhag :shock: :oldhag
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
A lot of knowledge in those 384 years. (basketball, football, baseball and softball). A lot of youngsters have been "coached up" over the years.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Knowledge and EXPERIENCE--for those of us who actually played the game. :oldhag
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: December 1st, 2020, 9:28 am Knowledge and EXPERIENCE--for those of us who actually played the game. :oldhag
You played Womens Basketball?
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Men's high school basketball. Averaged 15 points a game and made 3 all tournament teams. But if you want to hear about high school athletic careers, talk to TF: he still has laminated newspaper clippings!
ballcoach15 liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: December 1st, 2020, 12:28 pm Men's high school basketball. Averaged 15 points a game and made 3 all tournament teams. But if you want to hear about high school athletic careers, talk to TF: he still has laminated newspaper clippings!
You were a Man playing HS Basketball L. How many years were you in HS?
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Game is on ESPN+ for those who aren't part of the old man's club and can't go to the game.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Looks awesome...but it's missing something... :cry: :cry: :cry:
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
Because quite frankly Coach Green peaked 15 years ago and we get the slightly above average mediocre performance from the team every year.

Plus, too many turnovers.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: December 2nd, 2020, 6:35 pm Why do we have no women's basketball fans on this board ?
Who says we don’t?
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: December 2nd, 2020, 6:35 pm Why do we have no women's basketball fans on this board ?
Same reason there are only 1-2 softball fans. No one really cares. Now get to the WS and things will change. Winning solves all problems. See MBB. 8) 8)
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I have never cared much for Bandwagon fans, but every school has them.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
The board is representative of women's basketball's popularity in general. It is a niche sport.

I watch a lot of the games but like most, I'm ready for Coach Green to retire.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
I should have offered Purple my extra ticket last night, but he was home watching his college alma mater play basketball without him. Play Basketball
Purple Haize liked this
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
jbock13 wrote: December 2nd, 2020, 6:44 pm Because quite frankly Coach Green peaked 15 years ago and we get the slightly above average mediocre performance from the team every year.

This is the deepest team I've seen since I started watching them play in 2007. They will gel as the season goes on given they have so many new faces. Watch out for Kestner and Iverson and a healthy Rettstatt. Berkman is really improved as well. In terms of TOs they had 3 at halftime but committed 14 in the 2nd half with the 2nd and 3rd team in there. Still after 3 games only committing 13 a game even with those 14 2nd half TOs. Certainly miss Green and Todd but have the players to fill those holes. Their only competition will be FGCU who had retooled after losing 5 starters ( 4 playing pro overseas) but have the POY (transfer who started as a FR from Ohio State) and a JC AA who will keep them on top.

See there is a fan out there :)
ballcoach15 liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: December 2nd, 2020, 8:01 pm I should have offered Purple my extra ticket last night, but he was home watching his college alma mater play basketball without him. Play Basketball
True story. I was just happy A- we scored double digits and B- we didn’t get beat by 100

On the WBB side I know at least 2 members here have relationships with the current staff that would make any postings awkward IRL. At least one of us has our own possible season to deal with. So watching LUWBB isn’t a priority in their lives but they still do follow them and know more that even fraudcoach thinks he does about what’s going on
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Chippy wrote: December 2nd, 2020, 8:02 pm
jbock13 wrote: December 2nd, 2020, 6:44 pm Because quite frankly Coach Green peaked 15 years ago and we get the slightly above average mediocre performance from the team every year.

This is the deepest team I've seen since I started watching them play in 2007. They will gel as the season goes on given they have so many new faces. Watch out for Kestner and Iverson and a healthy Rettstatt. Berkman is really improved as well. In terms of TOs they had 3 at halftime but committed 14 in the 2nd half with the 2nd and 3rd team in there. Still after 3 games only committing 13 a game even with those 14 2nd half TOs. Certainly miss Green and Todd but have the players to fill those holes. Their only competition will be FGCU who had retooled after losing 5 starters ( 4 playing pro overseas) but have the POY (transfer who started as a FR from Ohio State) and a JC AA who will keep them on top.

See there is a fan out there :)
LU has gone from being the hunted to the hunter. They now have to adjust their approach to defeat the king of the hill as opposed to everyone adjusting to them
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
I should also add that when I was a student, I did frequently attend women’s games. Some years, more than the men, because they were so awful :lol:
Purple Haize liked this
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]