The most successful program on Liberty Mountain deserves its own forum. We give Coach Green and the Lady Flames their props while breaking down their run to the Big Dance once again.

Moderators: BuryYourDuke, jcmanson, Sly Fox, thesportscritic

User avatar
By TH Spangler
Posts
#602001
Class of 20Something wrote: June 11th, 2020, 1:40 pm Oh so because I can't be like Christ I'm okay to just stop trying? What kind of logic is that?

Anyone that knows me knows, I am as conservative as they come. But that cannot be the hat we wear when we are discussing Kingdom matters. We can't do the right thing because the other side of the political asile won't be satisfied? Come on.

Can Liberty do a better job of communicating to all people groups that they are welcomed and loved?

Does Jr impede that end?

If a Champion for Christ doesn't love first, what are they?

Why did God create? LOVE

Why did He give us free will? LOVE

What are the two greatest commandments? LOVE GOD LOVE OTHERS.

Why did Jesus substitute himself for us on the cross? LOVE

Now I have the pleasure of being a daddy. Love isn't always sweet. Sometimes it's discipline. Sometimes it's letting them make mistakes. That's part of it. But it is unconditional and unrelenting and above all else it is overwhelming.

Why are there people that don't feel loved at Liberty?

If there are people that don't feel loved at Liberty there is a foundational disconnect between our calling and the execution of that calling. Own the problem. Own the solution.
God hates sin. You can love the sinner but as a follower of Christ you can't condone what the Virginia goveronor is doing. You have to stand against a man that publicly says abortion is an option up to and even after a baby is born. You can't support a man that dressed in blackface and parties with his buddy in Klan attire. I'm sorry. He's hard to love, but I know I'm suppose to.
LUOrange liked this
User avatar
By cruzan_flame13
Posts
#602002
TH Spangler wrote: June 11th, 2020, 2:24 pm
Class of 20Something wrote: June 11th, 2020, 1:40 pm Oh so because I can't be like Christ I'm okay to just stop trying? What kind of logic is that?

Anyone that knows me knows, I am as conservative as they come. But that cannot be the hat we wear when we are discussing Kingdom matters. We can't do the right thing because the other side of the political asile won't be satisfied? Come on.

Can Liberty do a better job of communicating to all people groups that they are welcomed and loved?

Does Jr impede that end?

If a Champion for Christ doesn't love first, what are they?

Why did God create? LOVE

Why did He give us free will? LOVE

What are the two greatest commandments? LOVE GOD LOVE OTHERS.

Why did Jesus substitute himself for us on the cross? LOVE

Now I have the pleasure of being a daddy. Love isn't always sweet. Sometimes it's discipline. Sometimes it's letting them make mistakes. That's part of it. But it is unconditional and unrelenting and above all else it is overwhelming.

Why are there people that don't feel loved at Liberty?

If there are people that don't feel loved at Liberty there is a foundational disconnect between our calling and the execution of that calling. Own the problem. Own the solution.
God hates sin. You can love the sinner but as a follower of Christ you can't condone what the Virginia goveronor is doing. You have to stand against a man that publicly says abortion is an option up to and even after a baby is born. You can't support a man that dressed in blackface and parties with his buddy in Klan attire. I'm sorry. He's hard to love, but I know I'm suppose to.
People will believe whatever they want to believe. That's what occurrs when a kingdom/nation is a republic with liberties. America is not the first place to have these issues and will not be last if Christ doesn't return soon. We are so focus on now and forget the past, no matter what skin time or political affiliation one is. The thing is a lot of history isn't told, so there's many holes that will cause corruption, deception and confusion. So no, I'm not surprised with a lot of things that's going on now and the responses of individuals.
LUOrange liked this
By ballcoach15
Posts
#602067
An individual gets killed by police in Minnesota, that causes a women's basketball player in Lynchburg to transfer.
Our nation needs help.
User avatar
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
#602076
thepostman wrote: June 12th, 2020, 9:30 am That had nothing to do with it @ballcoach15. Come on man.
Are you saying “ballcoach needs help” :D
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
#602097
Purple Haize wrote: June 12th, 2020, 11:20 am
thepostman wrote: June 12th, 2020, 9:30 am That had nothing to do with it @ballcoach15. Come on man.
Are you saying “ballcoach needs help” :D
At this point, any help that can be given will likely be no good.
By Just John
Registration Days Posts
#602133
cruzan_flame13 wrote: June 11th, 2020, 2:20 pm
Class of 20Something wrote: June 11th, 2020, 1:40 pm Oh so because I can't be like Christ I'm okay to just stop trying? What kind of logic is that?

Anyone that knows me knows, I am as conservative as they come. But that cannot be the hat we wear when we are discussing Kingdom matters. We can't do the right thing because the other side of the political asile won't be satisfied? Come on.

Can Liberty do a better job of communicating to all people groups that they are welcomed and loved?

Does Jr impede that end?

If a Champion for Christ doesn't love first, what are they?

Why did God create? LOVE

Why did He give us free will? LOVE

What are the two greatest commandments? LOVE GOD LOVE OTHERS.

Why did Jesus substitute himself for us on the cross? LOVE

Now I have the pleasure of being a daddy. Love isn't always sweet. Sometimes it's discipline. Sometimes it's letting them make mistakes. That's part of it. But it is unconditional and unrelenting and above all else it is overwhelming.

Why are there people that don't feel loved at Liberty?

If there are people that don't feel loved at Liberty there is a foundational disconnect between our calling and the execution of that calling. Own the problem. Own the solution.
Thats not what I said; of course we continue to show the love of Christ to others. My point is that people will never agree because of that even when politics was involved. That was Jr. tweet; a message concerning more about the corona speech than the Floyd incident. Yet people got emotional about it and made decisions establishing assumptions which didn't need to go that route. As I stated before, most of the black community will immediately go that route when something involves a white and black person and not the entire situation. What does the Floyd situation have to do with questioning if Liberty is racist or not concerning a tweet which actually was posted mocking a governor and his actions?.This whole situation is a political stunt from both sides plus other groups who use race for their gain. As I said again, police officers have been doing these things to other blacks and other races, and they were never as viral(even when there were videos of incident). Now because this incident is more viral (mostly by medias wuth their own agendas),we are here questioning if there's a systematic issue of a man and school because his political tweet which showed another man being racist, yet no one is looking at him? With all this confusion and even deceit (dialectic), what great conclusions will come out of this? When will it end? Jr resigning? The fact that you're a Christ follow will cause challenges in this world. That will be Liberty's issue now and in the future and these situations will continue since people usually immediately make a good amount of their decisions based on their emotions.

Also there have been people who didn't feel loved at Liberty for years because of some reason. These things will never end but we have to continue to allow Christ to use people in the university for His will. Demanding Jr. to resign based on perspectives will not completely change these issues. That's my position of this situation.
I just did a cursory search of two university's that would be similar to LU that I'm aware of....Biola and Cedarville. I couldn't find any issues with Cedarville and found one on Biola from 2016, someone had drawn a swastika over the door of a black student. In that case it wasn't an issue of the president of the university being the problem. Instead, the leadership denounced it and called for a specific time of prayer and fasting. Doesn't appear any black faculty or staff resigned over it. It's BS to say we have these "challenges" because we are Christians.

Reminds me of a dishonest boss who said Satan attacked his business because he was doing ministry work, never thinking it might be he had problems because of his dishonesty. Sometimes God get's more blame and credit than He deserves.
User avatar
By cruzan_flame13
Posts
#602134
Just John wrote: June 13th, 2020, 12:41 am
cruzan_flame13 wrote: June 11th, 2020, 2:20 pm
Class of 20Something wrote: June 11th, 2020, 1:40 pm Oh so because I can't be like Christ I'm okay to just stop trying? What kind of logic is that?

Anyone that knows me knows, I am as conservative as they come. But that cannot be the hat we wear when we are discussing Kingdom matters. We can't do the right thing because the other side of the political asile won't be satisfied? Come on.

Can Liberty do a better job of communicating to all people groups that they are welcomed and loved?

Does Jr impede that end?

If a Champion for Christ doesn't love first, what are they?

Why did God create? LOVE

Why did He give us free will? LOVE

What are the two greatest commandments? LOVE GOD LOVE OTHERS.

Why did Jesus substitute himself for us on the cross? LOVE

Now I have the pleasure of being a daddy. Love isn't always sweet. Sometimes it's discipline. Sometimes it's letting them make mistakes. That's part of it. But it is unconditional and unrelenting and above all else it is overwhelming.

Why are there people that don't feel loved at Liberty?

If there are people that don't feel loved at Liberty there is a foundational disconnect between our calling and the execution of that calling. Own the problem. Own the solution.
Thats not what I said; of course we continue to show the love of Christ to others. My point is that people will never agree because of that even when politics was involved. That was Jr. tweet; a message concerning more about the corona speech than the Floyd incident. Yet people got emotional about it and made decisions establishing assumptions which didn't need to go that route. As I stated before, most of the black community will immediately go that route when something involves a white and black person and not the entire situation. What does the Floyd situation have to do with questioning if Liberty is racist or not concerning a tweet which actually was posted mocking a governor and his actions?.This whole situation is a political stunt from both sides plus other groups who use race for their gain. As I said again, police officers have been doing these things to other blacks and other races, and they were never as viral(even when there were videos of incident). Now because this incident is more viral (mostly by medias wuth their own agendas),we are here questioning if there's a systematic issue of a man and school because his political tweet which showed another man being racist, yet no one is looking at him? With all this confusion and even deceit (dialectic), what great conclusions will come out of this? When will it end? Jr resigning? The fact that you're a Christ follow will cause challenges in this world. That will be Liberty's issue now and in the future and these situations will continue since people usually immediately make a good amount of their decisions based on their emotions.

Also there have been people who didn't feel loved at Liberty for years because of some reason. These things will never end but we have to continue to allow Christ to use people in the university for His will. Demanding Jr. to resign based on perspectives will not completely change these issues. That's my position of this situation.
I just did a cursory search of two university's that would be similar to LU that I'm aware of....Biola and Cedarville. I couldn't find any issues with Cedarville and found one on Biola from 2016, someone had drawn a swastika over the door of a black student. In that case it wasn't an issue of the president of the university being the problem. Instead, the leadership denounced it and called for a specific time of prayer and fasting. Doesn't appear any black faculty or staff resigned over it. It's BS to say we have these "challenges" because we are Christians.

Reminds me of a dishonest boss who said Satan attacked his business because he was doing ministry work, never thinking it might be he had problems because of his dishonesty. Sometimes God get's more blame and credit than He deserves.
Two school with lower populations and have not had enough media exposure that Liberty has in decades. I suppose that's quite similar. I'm sure that same incident would be denounce on campus, yet the media would spin that and say its not a shocker since their president supports a dictator who's a nazi. You have to look at context, even with those situation that occurred that school. This has nothing to do with using God as blame which your example that you used didn't fit well with the context. Even if we remove Jr., we will have issues being a faith based school who don't have coed forms(commons is sort of that I suppose), frat houses, freedom to drink and live the worldly life and don't forget their pseudo-academia of Creationism! They push fear porn and always will. The attack on Christianity is there and not because of Jr. (Which you missed out on) and his ridiculous tweets. In honesty I didn't want to go to LU because I ( plus other students) was told these lies when I lived in Northern Virginia(This was way before Trump's presidency). So I stand by my statement even if you don't see it that way.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
#602153
TH Spangler wrote: June 13th, 2020, 5:30 am I wonder if this young lady supports the current governor? Sorry, just thinking out loud.
She's from NC and I imagine supports the governor. Her attending a Black Lives Matter rally in Raleigh I'm sure tells me she takes these cultural/racial matter quite seriously.
User avatar
By TH Spangler
Posts
#602163
Chippy wrote: June 13th, 2020, 9:27 am
TH Spangler wrote: June 13th, 2020, 5:30 am I wonder if this young lady supports the current governor? Sorry, just thinking out loud.
She's from NC and I imagine supports the governor. Her attending a Black Lives Matter rally in Raleigh I'm sure tells me she takes these cultural/racial matter quite seriously.
Good, makes sence.

I like black lives matter issues but it feels like leftists are highjacking the agenda. Hopfully responsible leaders rise to the forefront. Not these crazy groups like antifa.
User avatar
By cruzan_flame13
Posts
#602198
flameshaw wrote: June 13th, 2020, 5:26 pm Unfortunately, this hit the news today in Raleigh, NC.

https://www.highschoolot.com/former-cla ... s/19142255

She doesn't name any specific acts of racism, rather an overall insensitivity emanating from the leadership. Not a good look for the university, regardless of the veracity of the comments.
As stated things are vague and the selective words can be defined with all these social groups clashing amongst each other. Talking about a social climate; that in itself is dangerous as well are seeing now. There's some vibes of the latest 60's going on and all it did was push for more government pressure and dismantled people groups which also had government informants included). Another things that made me see that is more personal was her ability for a program and coaches that are sensitive to racial injustice. That in itself is also more personal. Most to all coaches made a statement about the situation; I expected she wanted all of of them to use the specific words and statements to be against what occurred (as stated is looked at differently in two ways police corrupt on another citizen and racial discrimination[we are seeing the aftermath of that promotion]). This is unfortunate to loose a player, but just like other occasions that are occurring throughout all industries, including other colleges, there's a lot of statements and accounts that will be heard no matter the weight of truth in them. Hope the best for her in the next chapter in her life. Should we overcome the actions of leadership? Well honestly we needed to do that awhile ago, since politics have too much of a grip on decision making and drifting away from the mission (at least it feels this way). I'm not sure if Jr. stepping down is the "end results" of our problem though in the way our society has been shifting. Just have to continue trusting the Lord because it's not going to be easy.
Last edited by cruzan_flame13 on June 13th, 2020, 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
#602201
Perhaps the responses in this thread are why she felt she no longer fit at LU? Very few people here have respected her decision and just let it go at that. If she didn’t feel the environment outside of the team was a good fit for her who are we to argue and disagree? Maybe look at the reasons why and see if there’s anything to be done to avoid this situation in future.
User avatar
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
#602212
thepostman wrote: June 13th, 2020, 7:43 pm Because if you allow yourself to get too deep into the bubble everything offends you and there is this like us or leave us attitude. It has always been there but doesn't seem quite as bad until you leave the bubble. It has also gotten worse under Jr's regime
I wish I knew how to quit you......
User avatar
By Class of 20Something
Posts
#602249
Purple Haize wrote: June 13th, 2020, 8:03 pm
thepostman wrote: June 13th, 2020, 7:43 pm Because if you allow yourself to get too deep into the bubble everything offends you and there is this like us or leave us attitude. It has always been there but doesn't seem quite as bad until you leave the bubble. It has also gotten worse under Jr's regime
I wish I knew how to quit you......
I was with you on the space Western but this Western is a bridge to far man.
Purple Haize liked this
By Just John
Registration Days Posts
#602325
cruzan_flame13 wrote: June 13th, 2020, 1:26 am
Just John wrote: June 13th, 2020, 12:41 am
cruzan_flame13 wrote: June 11th, 2020, 2:20 pm

Thats not what I said; of course we continue to show the love of Christ to others. My point is that people will never agree because of that even when politics was involved. That was Jr. tweet; a message concerning more about the corona speech than the Floyd incident. Yet people got emotional about it and made decisions establishing assumptions which didn't need to go that route. As I stated before, most of the black community will immediately go that route when something involves a white and black person and not the entire situation. What does the Floyd situation have to do with questioning if Liberty is racist or not concerning a tweet which actually was posted mocking a governor and his actions?.This whole situation is a political stunt from both sides plus other groups who use race for their gain. As I said again, police officers have been doing these things to other blacks and other races, and they were never as viral(even when there were videos of incident). Now because this incident is more viral (mostly by medias wuth their own agendas),we are here questioning if there's a systematic issue of a man and school because his political tweet which showed another man being racist, yet no one is looking at him? With all this confusion and even deceit (dialectic), what great conclusions will come out of this? When will it end? Jr resigning? The fact that you're a Christ follow will cause challenges in this world. That will be Liberty's issue now and in the future and these situations will continue since people usually immediately make a good amount of their decisions based on their emotions.

Also there have been people who didn't feel loved at Liberty for years because of some reason. These things will never end but we have to continue to allow Christ to use people in the university for His will. Demanding Jr. to resign based on perspectives will not completely change these issues. That's my position of this situation.
I just did a cursory search of two university's that would be similar to LU that I'm aware of....Biola and Cedarville. I couldn't find any issues with Cedarville and found one on Biola from 2016, someone had drawn a swastika over the door of a black student. In that case it wasn't an issue of the president of the university being the problem. Instead, the leadership denounced it and called for a specific time of prayer and fasting. Doesn't appear any black faculty or staff resigned over it. It's BS to say we have these "challenges" because we are Christians.

Reminds me of a dishonest boss who said Satan attacked his business because he was doing ministry work, never thinking it might be he had problems because of his dishonesty. Sometimes God get's more blame and credit than He deserves.
Two school with lower populations and have not had enough media exposure that Liberty has in decades. I suppose that's quite similar. I'm sure that same incident would be denounce on campus, yet the media would spin that and say its not a shocker since their president supports a dictator who's a nazi. You have to look at context, even with those situation that occurred that school. This has nothing to do with using God as blame which your example that you used didn't fit well with the context. Even if we remove Jr., we will have issues being a faith based school who don't have coed forms(commons is sort of that I suppose), frat houses, freedom to drink and live the worldly life and don't forget their pseudo-academia of Creationism! They push fear porn and always will. The attack on Christianity is there and not because of Jr. (Which you missed out on) and his ridiculous tweets. In honesty I didn't want to go to LU because I ( plus other students) was told these lies when I lived in Northern Virginia(This was way before Trump's presidency). So I stand by my statement even if you don't see it that way.
Biola has almost 7,000 on-campus students with more more recognition in the apologetics world and academia than Liberty. It has all of the same rules LU regarding drinking, coed dorms, sexuality, etc. and is in one of the biggest media capitals of the world. Grand Canyon is more similar in size to LU and has the same rules. They aren't portrayed negatively on a regular basis.

Nothing wrong with being singled out for Christian distinctives if you are a Christian school. Junior picks his fights (not spiritual ones of course because he has washed his hands of that responsibility) and enjoys them...to the detriment of alumni.
User avatar
By Jonathan Carone
Posts
#602339
LeeQuan McLaurin, who had been Liberty’s director of diversity, told MSNBC that Liberty’s student body has gone from 10 percent black to 4 percent over the time from 2007 to 2018.
“Some draw a direct line between the start of President Falwell’s divisive, insensitive, and unapologetic approach to politics and that drop,” he wrote in an email to the network.
https://www.sportingnews.com/us/ncaa-ba ... um=twitter
User avatar
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
#602341
Jonathan Carone wrote: June 15th, 2020, 10:13 am
LeeQuan McLaurin, who had been Liberty’s director of diversity, told MSNBC that Liberty’s student body has gone from 10 percent black to 4 percent over the time from 2007 to 2018.
“Some draw a direct line between the start of President Falwell’s divisive, insensitive, and unapologetic approach to politics and that drop,” he wrote in an email to the network.
https://www.sportingnews.com/us/ncaa-ba ... um=twitter
If you’re the Director of Diversity and you oversee that type of decline you might want to look at yourself. Some of it could be that the % increase didn’t keep up with the population explosion. So you may have seen a growth in numbers and decline in %. I’d also be interested in the % +- of Asian, African, Central/South American students as well.
Kudos to him though for working this situation for a new job
User avatar
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
#602350
Not getting the support he needed to keep the numbers on par with what they were was probably part of rhe reason he has now left. I have worked for some bosses that made my job nearly impossible. Sometimes there is only so much you can do.

But you are 100% right, he is certianly looking to use the media to not only get out frustrations but to secure a new source of income.

Here is a name that flew to the top of my list i[…]

2020 season

Somebody may have already said it, but with the […]

Fans in seats? What seats?

Was I wrong in thinking I saw Tech allowing 20 to […]

Well. The wr group filled up quick. Its what hap[…]