The most successful program on Liberty Mountain deserves its own forum. We give Coach Green and the Lady Flames their props while breaking down their run to the Big Dance once again.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, thesportscritic

By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote: April 3rd, 2020, 7:14 pm Impressive considering how far ahead of the pack FGCU appeared just a few months ago.
That's really deceiving. I'm pretty sure the only reason this was even announced is that there are points given for the ASUN all sports awards for both regular season placement and tournament champions. The points for tournament champion will be split. FGCU dominated regular season play, going 15-1, while we were in a 3 way tie for 2nd at 12-4.
thesportscritic liked this
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
If one compares where we were at end of season to early in season, Coach Green should be national Coach of the Year. This team came a long way, and I liked our chances vs FGCU in championship game.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: April 4th, 2020, 8:52 am If one compares where we were at end of season to early in season, Coach Green should be national Coach of the Year. This team came a long way, and I liked our chances vs FGCU in championship game.
To whom are you comparing?
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: April 4th, 2020, 5:50 pm Once again, you’re an ignoramus and a blowhard.
With all due respect, JK, that sounds very much like a PERSONAL ATTACK on old Ballcoach. :nono :nono :nono
ballcoach15, JK37 liked this
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: April 4th, 2020, 5:50 pm Once again, you’re an ignoramus and a blowhard.

But the coaches did a very solid job improving the group from start to finish.
Don't hold back JK37. Tell us how you REALLY feel. 8)

Our ladies were playing their best ball down the stretch, and it's a shame they didn't get another shot at FGCU in the final. Fact remains, we are 0-5 against them in the last 2 years. I think there is a good chance we may change that next season.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: April 4th, 2020, 9:41 pm Apparently JK has anger management issues
Apparently you have “Inability to answer direct questions “ issues
ATrain liked this
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: April 4th, 2020, 7:34 pm
With all due respect, JK, that sounds very much like a PERSONAL ATTACK on old Ballcoach. :nono :nono :nono

The board police need to start suspending those who commit personal attacks.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: April 4th, 2020, 7:00 pm
ballcoach15 wrote: April 4th, 2020, 8:52 am If one compares where we were at end of season to early in season, Coach Green should be national Coach of the Year. This team came a long way, and I liked our chances vs FGCU in championship game.

That was just my way of saying how good of a job Coach Green did this season.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
I don't follow Lady Flames basketball that closesly, but after checking out the conference standings, FGCU was 15-1, and both North AL and LU finished 11-5.

I haven't bothered to check out the FGCU message board (if they have one), but I would think they would have to be pretty upset for not being awarded sole conference champions, based on their conference record alone and beating LU, I think, twice this season. Thoughts?

http://www.espn.com/womens-college-bask ... conference
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: April 5th, 2020, 6:35 am
Purple Haize wrote: April 4th, 2020, 7:00 pm

That was just my way of saying how good of a job Coach Green did this season.
Then say that. You try to pride yourself on brevity=clarity. You should think about modeling that
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: April 5th, 2020, 6:49 am I don't follow Lady Flames basketball that closesly, but after checking out the conference standings, FGCU was 15-1, and both North AL and LU finished 11-5.

I haven't bothered to check out the FGCU message board (if they have one), but I would think they would have to be pretty upset for not being awarded sole conference champions, based on their conference record alone and beating LU, I think, twice this season. Thoughts?

http://www.espn.com/womens-college-bask ... conference
It's the tournament champion that holds the trophy as conference champion. Regular season just sets up seeding for conference tournament.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
BC says those things to get people riled, and I fell for it HOOK-LINE-SINKER. My fault.

Luckily, I’ve got plenty of friends to fight my battles for me against the intellectually deprived.
ATrain liked this
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: April 5th, 2020, 8:07 am BC says those things to get people riled, and I fell for it HOOK-LINE-SINKER. My fault.

Luckily, I’ve got plenty of friends to fight my battles for me against the intellectually deprived.
JK, you should have stopped with your first sentence, rather than offering another PERSONAL ATTACK directed toward a retired veteran who is also (sort of) on the LU payroll during football game days.
flameshaw liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: April 5th, 2020, 8:41 am
JK37 wrote: April 5th, 2020, 8:07 am BC says those things to get people riled, and I fell for it HOOK-LINE-SINKER. My fault.

JK, you should have stopped with your first sentence, rather than offering another PERSONAL ATTACK directed toward a retired veteran who is also (sort of) on the LU payroll during football game days.
What does being a retired veteran or sort of on LU payroll have to do with anything?
ATrain, Ill flame liked this
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
I’ve thanked him before for his service, and I’m not sure what payroll has to do with anything.

But I’m from Morgantown, so I know all about intellectual deprivation.
Purple Haize liked this
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: April 5th, 2020, 9:21 am But I’m from Morgantown, so I know all about intellectual deprivation.
TRUTH :rofl

In my part of WV (FAR south of Morgantown), I was taught 2 concepts growing up: (1) to respect my elders and (2) to respect our veterans. :oldhag :usa And Ballcoach is definitely both.
flameshaw liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: April 5th, 2020, 11:28 am
JK37 wrote: April 5th, 2020, 9:21 am But I’m from Morgantown, so I know all about intellectual deprivation.
TRUTH :rofl

In my part of WV (FAR south of Morgantown), I was taught 2 concepts growing up: (1) to respect my elders and (2) to respect our veterans. :oldhag :usa And Ballcoach is definitely both.
Oh he’s something alright
ATrain liked this
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
Apparently some on here are suffering from BCDS. It clouds otherwise normally good judgment and causes disproportional responses to some fairly tame statements.
JK37 liked this
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]