The most successful program on Liberty Mountain deserves its own forum. We give Coach Green and the Lady Flames their props while breaking down their run to the Big Dance once again.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, thesportscritic

By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
Expect news tomorrow or this weekend about the NCAA tournament being cancelled. News of NBA season being suspended is the first bomb to drop.

From a fan point this will suck. I understand the precautionary measures and appreciate the concern for people's wellness but this is getting crazy. Every medical person I talk to says the same thing that all of this is nonsense.
thesportscritic liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
FlamesHighontheTide wrote: March 11th, 2020, 10:34 pm Expect news tomorrow or this weekend about the NCAA tournament being cancelled. News of NBA season being suspended is the first bomb to drop.

From a fan point this will suck. I understand the precautionary measures and appreciate the concern for people's wellness but this is getting crazy. Every medical person I talk to says the same thing that all of this is nonsense.
One of the talking heads tossed that out on ESPN at halftime of the UNC game
That’s a multi billion dollar decision. I would be shocked if that happens
oldflame wrote: March 11th, 2020, 9:00 pm The ladies have squandered a 17 point lead and go to OT against N Bama 78-78. There is definately an enthusiastic home crowd present.
UNA was 10-2 at home and 6-6 on the road. Quite the difference. I watched the refs erase an 11 point lead with 3 minutes left, with 6 almost successive calls against Liberty for touch fouls and then no calls when both Lyttle and Green were knocked to the ground. The refs tried so hard to give this game to UNA, but the girls played very tough and well enough to not allow the refs to give the game away. If anyone goes back and watches the game starting at the 3 minute point it should be obvious. These refs should be reported to the NCAA. Congratulations to a well deserved and hard earned win. Liberty women's team beat UNA and the zebras.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: March 11th, 2020, 11:41 pm
FlamesHighontheTide wrote: March 11th, 2020, 10:34 pm Expect news tomorrow or this weekend about the NCAA tournament being cancelled. News of NBA season being suspended is the first bomb to drop.

One of the talking heads tossed that out on ESPN at halftime of the UNC game
That’s a multi billion dollar decision. I would be shocked if that happens
I'll legit cry man so I hope you're right. I plan my entire birthday week every year with watching all of the basketball.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Cancelling the NCAA tournament is a totally different animal than the NBA suspending play. For one thing, the timing is different. You can bet the NBA is going forward with plans to hold the playoffs if things subside with the virus. While the crowds are certainly a big part of March Madness, it's more of a TV event. I have a feeling they will come up with a plan involving extremely limited access, possibly with testing and screening of everyone involved. That's a major task, but there will be a lot of personnel available who would otherwise be involved in crowd security who could be re-allocated for it.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
It looks like the ASUN has been a bit less "cautious" than most. Wonder if the final for WBB will be played.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: March 12th, 2020, 9:13 pm Tough call on that one.
Really unfortunate timing. I was thinking when we won Wed and I found out the final wasn't til Sun that they really needed to move the final up, but they couldn't have possibly done it til today, and it still would have been too late.
ballcoach15 liked this
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Surprised nothing been said about women's team, losing out on an opportunity to win ASUN championship due to cancellation of finals. Good article on the team in today's News & Advance. We had won 8 straight games and were hottest team in conference.

With everyone due back next season, along with incoming recruits, next season looks bright.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Uhhhhhhh, it was talked about on this thread. :roll: Next season does look bright, but not everyone is back. We are losing our leading scorer and rebounder, Keyen Green, who has decided to pass on her last year of eligibility.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
SumItUp wrote: March 15th, 2020, 7:59 pm
ballcoach15 wrote: March 15th, 2020, 6:24 pm With everyone due back next season, along with incoming recruits, next season looks bright.
Baker is gone.
Hadn't heard about that. We have a promising PG coming in, but that hurts.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
SumItUp wrote: March 15th, 2020, 8:09 pm Baker is not gone. It's Greene. That's what I get for typing without verifying.
That's a relief. I knew about Green. She was honored on Senior night. She had a year of eligibility left, but chose not to return. Don't know why.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Would have loved to have Keyen for another year, but with Rettstatt, Mya McMillion (who came on strong at the end of the season) and the incoming FR class, which includes 6'6" Bella Smuda, we will have possibly the best combination of size and athleticism we have ever had. Unless FGCU's coach really pulls something out of his hat, I think it could be our year.
flamehunter liked this
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
oldflame wrote: March 16th, 2020, 8:49 am Would have loved to have Keyen for another year, but with Rettstatt, Mya McMillion (who came on strong at the end of the season) and the incoming FR class, which includes 6'6" Bella Smuda, we will have possibly the best combination of size and athleticism we have ever had. Unless FGCU's coach really pulls something out of his hat, I think it could be our year.
FGCU's record over the last 10 years is incredible. 3,4,5,6 losses each year and had 30+ wins 4 times. He utilizes transfers as well as anyone, especially those who are quick, tenacious on D and can hit the 3. Tallest player is usually 5'10" or 5'11".
JK37 liked this
By Stevev
Registration Days Posts
The article in the News Advance seemed to indicate that Keyen Green will be back next year. Did she change her mind or is the article wrong? Also stated that Johnson Graham is pushing to get a red-shirt for this year so she can play next year.
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
It says she has a year of eligibility left which is true. There was no quote from coach Green or Keyen herself to indicate one way or the other. She was celebrated on senior day which indicates to me she isn't planning to come back.
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]