The most successful program on Liberty Mountain deserves its own forum. We give Coach Green and the Lady Flames their props while breaking down their run to the Big Dance once again.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, thesportscritic

By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
I may be reading too much into this but............

https://www.liberty.edu/flames/index.cf ... 0&teamID=7

Keyen has already graduated and is working on her MBA, but she is a redshirt Junior with a year of eligibility remaining. Does this mean she is not planning to return for her Senior year? Could be she has a job lined up and wants to get on with her life post-basketball. A grad transfer is a possibility, but seems unlikely, since she has already begun her program at Liberty.

The ladies had probably their most impressive game of the year, winning big over a N Florida team they lost to a month ago. 26 for Baker and 18 for Lytle, with only 11 TURNOVERS. That's their 4th straight win, and they are now in a 3 way tie with N Bama and J'ville for 2nd in the conference with games against Lipscomb and KSU remaining. We swept J'Ville, but N Bama swept us, so they currently hold the tie-breaker, but they still have a game against FGCU. Looks like a 2 seed is there for the taking if we can TCOB.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
oldflame wrote: February 25th, 2020, 9:06 pm So..................... can anyone confirm that Keyen is not returning? It certainly looks that way, and it is a big loss to next year's team.
See Ashtyn Baker's and Coach Green's post game comments (youtube). She gone.

By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
oldflame wrote: February 26th, 2020, 5:34 pm I had seen those, and was 99% sure. It's none of my business I suppose, but more than anything, I'm curious as to why, since she does have a year of eligibility left.
Can only speculate. She wants an MBA and could have stayed here but may have other plans at another school and then possibly be a grad transfer there . . . If that's the case then that would be a first given Warley, Adams, Rinninger, among others have stayed their 5th year as grad students.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Chippy wrote: February 26th, 2020, 7:27 pm
oldflame wrote: February 26th, 2020, 5:34 pm I had seen those, and was 99% sure. It's none of my business I suppose, but more than anything, I'm curious as to why, since she does have a year of eligibility left.
Can only speculate. She wants an MBA and could have stayed here but may have other plans at another school and then possibly be a grad transfer there . . . If that's the case then that would be a first given Warley, Adams, Rinninger, among others have stayed their 5th year as grad students.
According to her player profile on the AD website, she is already in the MBA program at Liberty. I'm thinking she just decided to focus on finishing that and getting on with her career. That is something that is a lot more common with female athletes than the guys.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
I’m skeptical she sees significant minutes. There’s so many reasons these types of grad transfers “up” happen in WBB. Big reason why parity has escaped the game.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
The UT-Knoxville news finally made the Lynchburg paper today, so now Ballcoach believes it. Crybaby :oldhag
ballcoach15 wrote: April 11th, 2020, 7:59 am Cider, to demonstrate my feelings for Tennessee women's basketball, I think more of Longwood and Radford softball than I do the Girly Vols.
Yeah, that’s not sexist or misogynistic at all :roll:
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
I’m sure I’ll regret this, but...

...why do you harbor such disdain for UT WBB? I would think the testimony of Pat Summitt would endear you to the Lady Vols. Their current coach and her husband are believers as well.
thesportscritic liked this
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: April 11th, 2020, 2:01 pm Most everyone has teams they have no use for, or dislike. For me it's Tennessee and Notre Dame for women's basketball.
Actually.......................... no. If they are a rival of your favorite team or have a history of cheating, that's one thing. "Most everyone" does not dislike teams without a reason. That's a "you thing".
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]