The most successful program on Liberty Mountain deserves its own forum. We give Coach Green and the Lady Flames their props while breaking down their run to the Big Dance once again.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, thesportscritic

oldflame wrote: April 11th, 2020, 2:45 pm
ballcoach15 wrote: April 11th, 2020, 2:23 pm There really doesn't have to be a reason.
For "most everyone" there does. "Most everyone" does not arbitrarily hate. That is not normal, especially for a Christian.
That makes total sense. It seems that most of the things he does are without reason.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
oldflame wrote: April 11th, 2020, 2:18 pm
ballcoach15 wrote: April 11th, 2020, 2:01 pm Most everyone has teams they have no use for, or dislike. For me it's Tennessee and Notre Dame for women's basketball.
Actually.......................... no. If they are a rival of your favorite team or have a history of cheating, that's one thing. "Most everyone" does not dislike teams without a reason. That's a "you thing".
Agreed. The fact that you just dislike certain schools/teams, many of whom happen to be have very successful histories, as oldflame said, and as radio host Colin Cowherd (many opinions on this board have been shared regarding him before) said, "that's a you problem".
I'm not a fan of the New York Yankees, but that's because of the Jeffrey Maier play against Baltimore and my favorite MLB team, the Atlanta Braves losing to them in the World Series. I'm not a fan of the New England Patriots, but that's because of them beating the Rams in the Super Bowl. Point being, I have a reason for not being a fan of those teams and not just because they exist and win.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
rogers3 wrote: April 13th, 2020, 9:52 pm UT WBB better than LU WBB
UT MBA better than LU MBA

Good for her! Never know, ballcoach might be working for her one day, retirements being what they are!
Not wrong, although apparently she is finishing her MBA at Liberty on line and will be starting another masters program at UT. From a basketball standpoint, the question is not so much whether UT is better than LU as it is whether fighting to get minutes at UT is better than starting for LU. I do think she will find a role there.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: April 14th, 2020, 1:07 pm When I first heard of the transfer, I made a phone call. I was told the ole fish story:

"A big fish in a small pond or a small fish in a big pond"
UT already has 3 centers ahead of Keyen all 6'3" - 6'5". Keyen is limited to the 5 position and does not possess skills, quickness, or speed to play the 4. Unfortunately, another liability is her FT shooting. Nevertheless, I' sure she would be a great addition to any team with her maturity and character.
If I had a chance to extend my playing career for a year at one of the most storied Programs in History I’d do it. It may not be about playing time but about where you are playing. It has to be a heck of an experience.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Bingo.

Chippy, the kid from WV isn’t SEC-quality either. But if I know Kellie and John - and I think I do - this is as much about adding quality of character and maturity as anything else.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: April 14th, 2020, 2:26 pm If I had a chance to extend my playing career for a year at one of the most storied Programs in History I’d do it. It may not be about playing time but about where you are playing. It has to be a heck of an experience.
That's what a lot of people thought when SC went to Duke, but he ended up having a decent career there and even got some playing time in the NBA.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: April 14th, 2020, 5:31 pm
Purple Haize wrote: April 14th, 2020, 2:26 pm If I had a chance to extend my playing career for a year at one of the most storied Programs in History I’d do it. It may not be about playing time but about where you are playing. It has to be a heck of an experience.
That's what a lot of people thought when SC went to Duke, but he ended up having a decent career there and even got some playing time in the NBA.
"Some playing time" and 32 million dollars over 4 years in his current contract (all guaranteed). His brother on the other hand, stayed at Davidson, and he makes 37 million A YEAR.
oldflame wrote: April 14th, 2020, 5:55 pm
Cider Jim wrote: April 14th, 2020, 5:31 pm
"Some playing time" and 32 million dollars over 4 years in his current contract (all guaranteed). His brother on the other hand, stayed at Davidson, and he makes 37 million A YEAR.
No chance of her making 37 million in the WNBA or Europe. She put her time in here. Did what she could do and now is taking a year to play at one of the most storied WBB in history. I think this is a great move for her
SumItUp, JK37 liked this
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

There’s a cerebral side to the game. And it&[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]