The most successful program on Liberty Mountain deserves its own forum. We give Coach Green and the Lady Flames their props while breaking down their run to the Big Dance once again.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, thesportscritic

This team is no different than any others. It’s just the style. It keeps them in games they shouldn’t be in on both sides of that equation. The lack of athleticism needs to be addressed if they cannot continue to get the aircraft carriers in anymore.
They will always be the 2nd or 3rd best team in the ASUN. This isnt the Big South anymore
thesportscritic liked this
Purple Haize wrote: February 12th, 2020, 6:08 pm This team is no different than any others. It’s just the style. It keeps them in games they shouldn’t be in on both sides of that equation. The lack of athleticism needs to be addressed if they cannot continue to get the aircraft carriers in anymore.
They will always be the 2nd or 3rd best team in the ASUN. This isnt the Big South anymore
Some bad losses to N Florida and N Bama this season, but nonetheless, the last 2 years we have been the only ASUN team to stay within double digits of FGCU. They are clearly the class of the league, but I'm not sure the gap is as huge as some are making it out to be. If we can't close it next year, it may be time for a change.
cruzan_flame13 wrote: February 12th, 2020, 5:34 pm They make UNA look like a Top 50 or 25 team. It really does look like the team is going down hill; i'm just not 100% sure if it's the player's ability or coaching. Although WBB is not a primary sport as a whole in college athletics, some changes need to be done and soon.
UNA starters are D2 players yet they are more athletic and a lot quicker and play an aggressive style similar to FGCU who has D1 players, hence a top 25 ranking. Thought next year would be LU's year, but with the defections (?) of Gulley and Emily Maupin, who would have been a great addition, and the incoming freshmen class is not very strong, I think we finish 3rd or 4th even though both UNA and FGCU are a senior laden team this year.
oldflame wrote: February 12th, 2020, 7:53 pm
Purple Haize wrote: February 12th, 2020, 6:08 pm This team is no different than any others. It’s just the style. It keeps them in games they shouldn’t be in on both sides of that equation. The lack of athleticism needs to be addressed if they cannot continue to get the aircraft carriers in anymore.
Some bad losses to N Florida and N Bama this season, but nonetheless, the last 2 years we have been the only ASUN team to stay within double digits of FGCU. They are clearly the class of the league, but I'm not sure the gap is as huge as some are making it out to be. If we can't close it next year, it may be time for a change.

True, except we lost 2 games to them last year by 18, and by 23 in the ASUN tournament.
Chippy wrote: February 12th, 2020, 8:00 pm

True, except we lost 2 games to them last year by 18, and by 23 in the ASUN tournament.
We lost to them by 18 and 23 on the road last year, but gave them their closest conference game in 3 years at home, losing by just 1 point.
oldflame wrote: February 12th, 2020, 8:46 pm
Chippy wrote: February 12th, 2020, 8:00 pm

We lost to them by 18 and 23 on the road last year, but gave them their closest conference game in 3 years at home, losing by just 1 point.
Also true.
My biggest concern for the past several years has been the high turnover rate of players. (Followed closely by turnovers during games haha). Does anyone have an inkling of why so many players come and go? Is it a staff issue? Lack of unity among teammates? Something else?
I’ve been saying this for years. Unfortunately, I don’t think anything will change.
thesportscritic liked this
Stevev wrote: February 24th, 2020, 10:02 pm It looks as if Keyen Green is gone after this year. I thought that last year was a red-shirt and listed on the roster as a R-Junior. That will hurt a bit for next year.
Especially since 6'3" Emily Maupin (transfer) left the team without ever wearing the uniform. She was Elon's leading scorer and rebounder as a soph.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]