The most successful program on Liberty Mountain deserves its own forum. We give Coach Green and the Lady Flames their props while breaking down their run to the Big Dance once again.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, thesportscritic

By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
A Sea of Red wrote: December 11th, 2019, 9:38 pm After slow start, Lady Flames have won 2 out of 3

https://www.aseaofred.com/lady-flames-h ... -out-of-3/
Slow start is an understatement! 300th in the nation in foul shooting, 287th in 3pt FG%, 296th in committing TOs, 335th committing fouls. Only way way to go at this point - that's up. Though picked to finish 2nd behind the prohibitive favorite (FGCU) at this moment I have a hard time seeing them finishing anything higher than 4th in the conference. All they have to do is stop sending the opposing team to the foul line at a record pace, take care of the ball, play better defense, shoot better and make foul shots when we get them. See fixed it Play Basketball

It's a slow day and I have time on my hands :)
ballcoach15 liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Stevev wrote: December 15th, 2019, 1:00 pm Whatever happened to Ria Gulley? No longer on the roster. Transferred?
Good question. She was given a mention in the pre season N and A write up
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
Starting point guard with the best assist to TO ratio on team. Not good, especially for a team that turned the ball over 60 times in last 2 games against really bad teams :shock:
thesportscritic liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Chippy wrote: December 16th, 2019, 12:30 pm Starting point guard with the best assist to TO ratio on team. Not good, especially for a team that turned the ball over 60 times in last 2 games against really bad teams :shock:
So what happened?
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
Don't know but very coincidental that it happened at the very end of the semester which was this past Friday. One can speculate all kinds of possibilities but I won't.
By Stevev
Registration Days Posts
It looks like Cary Green has turned things around even with the short bench. Big win over Bradley yesterday, :lol:
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
5 in a row, if my memory is correct.

Combine football, men's BB and women's BB, we're probably one of top 10 best colleges in the nation right now, as for wins.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Our women's team isn't getting any love on message board. They have won 6 straight games. I believe they're 8-6 overall.
Coach Green has them playing good basketball. They have cut down on turnovers. Probably 2nd best team in ASUN.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Previous success sets the bar much higher than 8-6.

Tomorrow night could tell us a lot about this team.

I wasn’t impressed on Saturday. First time seeing them live all season. Just made me miss the old days.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: January 6th, 2020, 12:17 am Previous success sets the bar much higher than 8-6.

Tomorrow night could tell us a lot about this team.

I wasn’t impressed on Saturday. First time seeing them live all season. Just made me miss the old days.
Yes, tonight should give us a MUCH better idea where we are. I can't argue with your evaluation based on your experience and being there in person, but they obviously have been doing something right recently. Not only 6 straight wins, but an average margin of 18 points. Not the toughest of opponents, but all were D1. Also, in their last loss prior to this streak, they played a top 5 Oregon State team to a standstill for the first 25 minutes before fading down the stretch.

I noticed that Emily Lytle did not start against NJIT and only played 5 minutes. Anyone know why? True FR Audrey Clark, who was averaging just 8 mpg, started in her place.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Greens teams win boring. If that’s what he does. And the key is win
No word on Ria?
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: January 5th, 2020, 9:56 pm Our women's team isn't getting any love on message board. They have won 6 straight games. I believe they're 8-6 overall.
Coach Green has them playing good basketball. They have cut down on turnovers. Probably 2nd best team in ASUN.
Thanks for being so proactive and starting the conversation!

I don't know what it is, but I just can't get excited about this team.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: January 6th, 2020, 12:17 am Tomorrow night could tell us a lot about this team.
I believe JK is referring to our game tonight against ASun's #25 Florida Gulf Coast University, which most of us can watch on ESPN+. Play Basketball

https://www.espn.com/watch?id=555c2306- ... 8de4036286
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: January 6th, 2020, 9:47 am Greens teams win boring. If that’s what he does. And the key is win
No word on Ria?
She's gone. Last played on 12/3 and no longer on the roster. The only question is why, and does it really matter? She has already used her redshirt year transferring from Indiana to LU. She probably has graduated and can transfer and play next year.

I would say right now a more important question is what is happening with Emily Lytle.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Free throws killed us. I like baker todd rettstatt and lytlle (spelling) games. Not too impressed with the rest. Not a wbb expert at all though.

didnt feel like the talent gap was huge though overall.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Todd and Rettstatt are legit. In the games I've seen, Green isn’t where she as before her injury, and I loved her game even in HS. But none of them have that “take control” -l-ability. Which admittedly is very rare in WBB, but Green’s teams had for several groups.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
I saw the game on ESPN+ and watching those missed free throws was painful: LU was 6-14 (42%) from the line, and FGCU was 17-18 (94%). :shock:
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
The final score is somewhat encouraging, especially in light of our abnormally poor foul shooting, but IMHO the jury is still out. We lost to a team that normally wins by making 3s in bunches (they lead the nation by a wide margin) on a night when they shot 5-33. Maybe our defense gets some of the credit for that, but I feel pretty safe in saying that FGCU had an awful night shooting and still won.
By tyndal23
When our head coach moves on - please pay whatever it takes to bring Kim Mulkey from Baylor and get her out of the Big 12 - we are sick of her. I get that WBB is low on the rev $ but if we are trying to make LU look strong at 4-5 big sports spend the extra $ ( whatever the magic # is ] and get her. Ian - Ian, I am talking 2 U....
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]