The most successful program on Liberty Mountain deserves its own forum. We give Coach Green and the Lady Flames their props while breaking down their run to the Big Dance once again.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, thesportscritic

By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Think about this as we absorbed another loss today...

Keyen Green, Ashtyn Baker and Asia Todd: 17-34 from the floor
The rest of the Lady Flames: 2-36 from the floor :shock: :shock: :shock:
By Stevev
Registration Days Posts
Those are some ugly numbers for sure. Not looking forward to the JMU game at all.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Typical carey green teams these days. 2 or 3 wins before conference. Pitiful.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I hope ASUN is weak this season, or it's going to be a long season.
By PAFlame
Whoever has been working with the post players this season has been a godsend (Is it still Sherard?). I like Coach Green, and he probably has secured a lifetime contract here, but this team should be up there with FGCU in this conferencne and probably should win or be competitive in most non-conference games. Still the same thing though year after year, the softest man to man and zone defenses seen to man leading to awful shooting teams having career nights, turnovers galore, but hey, we rebound. I'm starting to think the Coach Green strategy will ALWAYS be roll out a ball handler and 4 post players of 6'2 or more. The only time this would have worked is when Rininger, Kearney, and Adams were on this team, and i'm convinced that team would have gone pretty far into NCAAs had they played those 3 together more (Miss those days).
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
We need 2 athletic girls who can run the floor, create their shot, and drain some 3s.

In other words, 2 scorers.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
PAFlame wrote: November 25th, 2019, 4:43 pm Whoever has been working with the post players this season has been a godsend (Is it still Sherard?)
Do you not follow WBB? The greatest post player in the history of LU basketball who took us to the Sweet Sixteen is back as our assistant coach. She's married now with kids, so she's got a new last name, but we always knew her as just Katie.

https://www.liberty.edu/flames/index.cf ... achID=1502
By PAFlame
Cider Jim wrote: November 26th, 2019, 6:38 am
PAFlame wrote: November 25th, 2019, 4:43 pm Whoever has been working with the post players this season has been a godsend (Is it still Sherard?)
Do you not follow WBB? The greatest post player in the history of LU basketball who took us to the Sweet Sixteen is back as our assistant coach. She's married now with kids, so she's got a new last name, but we always knew her as just Katie.

https://www.liberty.edu/flames/index.cf ... achID=1502
My knowledge on the history of WBB isn’t as strong as my knowledge of the modern WNBA and college. I didn’t know we had a new member of the staff join this year, as I hadn’t kept up with the current year until pretty recently.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
Women have a pulse. Beat Miami of Ohio 65-53. Now face Oregon State #5. Their roster includes, 6'9", 6'9", 6'7", 6'6" and 6'4" :shock: The 6'6" and 6'4" women start. May have a height advantage. Play Basketball
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
We beat ECU 81-66 last night. Good to beat an AAC team........if you know what I mean.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: December 4th, 2019, 8:05 am We beat ECU 81-66 last night. Good to beat an AAC team........if you know what I mean.
ECU had 7 players dressed with one hobbling all night, 2 fouled out in 4th. We still turned the ball over 31 times.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
I wonder if we are ever going to have another thread or just put the rest of the games on this one ha
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]